Posted (edited)
Item Condition: As new
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: noranda
State: WA
Payment Method: Cash, EFT
Reason for selling: Too much gear, Covid Madness, Child

Further information:

Herb: "As some of you know, I've owned or used much more expensive 300B amps made by Shindo, Kondo, Komuro, Wavelength, Woo Audio, and Audio Note (UK). To my ears and tastes, this TU-8600S kit dances in the same ballroom as those luxury brands."

Purchased late last year from the local distributor and with about 100 hours on it, I offer my Elekit 8600S for sale. This unit is stock with Genelex 300B tubes. 

I convinced myself to take the plunge into 300B amps after reading Herb Reicherts review over and over. No regrets, absolutely hooked on the 300B and I have been lucky to find a custom 300B amp built by Perth legend Clifford from Audio Synergy. I am also taking the opportunity to significantly reduce my excessive amount of gear and to give my daughter more space. 

So what did I love about the amp? It gives intimacy and atmosphere more than anything else I have had the chance to try. It carries a tune well and has surprisingly good bass. Happy to audition, can ship in original box and a ton of bubble wrap. Priced keenly but if you're a top person, maybe I can move a bit!

Note: I have tried using it as an integrated and as a power amp. I preferred as an integrated. 

Herb pt1: https://www.stereophile.com/content/gramophone-dreams-27-elekit-tu-8600r-amplifier-kit

Herb pt2: https://www.stereophile.com/content/gramophone-dreams-48-venus-tube-western-electrics-300b

Steve G: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJWbZBAqjnk

Note: Herbs reviews are units from VK music in Canada and are upgraded, I believe the spirit remains the same though. Review #1 is based on the older R. 

Photos:

IMG_20210513_072714745.jpg

IMG_20210513_072731134.jpg

IMG_20210513_072723695.jpg

IMG_20210513_072757879.jpg

Edited by thejt
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

@DrMikeOz Happy to do the upgrades for you if you order the parts (Lundhal transformers, capacitors, Takman etc...)

Edited by JulesOz
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, JulesOz said:

@DrMikeOz Happy to do the upgrades for you if you order the parts (Lundhal transformers, capacitors, Takman etc...)

DO NOT TEMPT ME DEVIL!

• Haha 4

I currently have @JulesOz 8340 so this would be perfect synergy.

29 minutes ago, JulesOz said:

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, DrMikeOz said:

DO NOT TEMPT ME DEVIL!

I had mine built by the Aust dealer RFWaves

We spoke about upgrades and 4 x silver gold oil mundorf caps will improve SQ... transformers not so much, his words not mine

Edited by crankit
17 hours ago, thejt said:

custom 300B amp built by Perth legend Clifford from Audio Synergy

Very nice, which type did you get?

GLWTS....:thumb:

2 hours ago, crankit said:

I had mine built by the Aust dealer RFWaves

We spoke about upgrades and 4 silver gold oil mundorf caps will take it to another level...transformers not so much as trannies supplied are beefy MF's , his words not mine

In the 8200r the lundahl transformers are physically smaller but do a much better job at driving my ineffecient speakers. With ineffecient planar headphones the 8200r would go into protection mode after a time but I haven't been able to trigger it with the lundahls installed.

I would recommend the lundahl upgrade if budget allowed as well as the mundorf caps.

Glws - I'd be all over this if I didn't have the 8200r

12 hours ago, barbz127 said:

In the 8200r the lundahl transformers are physically smaller but do a much better job at driving my ineffecient speakers. With ineffecient planar headphones the 8200r would go into protection mode after a time but I haven't been able to trigger it with the lundahls installed.

I would recommend the lundahl upgrade if budget allowed as well as the mundorf caps.

Glws - I'd be all over this if I didn't have the 8200r

Synergy is key lundahl or not, tube amps love high impedance spks 

• Like 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By thejt
      Item Condition: As new Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: noranda State: WA Payment Method: Cash, EFT Reason for selling: Consolidation Further information:

Listening Update: I had the chance to audition this amp on a pair of Dynaudio Confidence floorstanders which used ARC Ref 150 power and and Ref 6 pre. The Elekit was not out of place at all. The Elekit had great bloom and a better beat than the ARC pair although was less refined. The speakers aren't super efficient but the Elekit didn't need to turn up the volume knob very much to still fill the room. Bass remained well controlled and impactful.

Ad Update: I withdrew this previously as I was unsure if I wanted to to run 300B amps in both set ups, however as the big Elekit remains unsold I offer this for sale again at a lower price. Happy to keep either so whichever sells first.  

I have reduced the price to encourage someone to let this amp sing regularly like it should and not reside in the cupboard as a back up. Having said that, it is a hell of a back up, far quieter than the AS power amp. I have had some queries about the Lundhal upgrade and having not heard the upgrade can't comment. I have included a review from Wall of Sound though which covers both standard and upgraded transformers. Verdict? Better but not essential. The current pricing would allow for this upgrade and comfortably come below a new unit though. 

Herb: "As some of you know, I've owned or used much more expensive 300B amps made by Shindo, Kondo, Komuro, Wavelength, Woo Audio, and Audio Note (UK). To my ears and tastes, this TU-8600S kit dances in the same ballroom as those luxury brands."

Purchased late last year from the local distributor and with about 100 hours on it, I offer my Elekit 8600S for sale. This unit is stock with Genelex 300B tubes. 

I convinced myself to take the plunge into 300B amps after reading Herb Reicherts review over and over. No regrets, absolutely hooked on the 300B and I have been lucky to find a custom 300B amp built by Perth legend Clifford from Audio Synergy. I am also taking the opportunity to significantly reduce my excessive amount of gear and to give my daughter more space. 

So what did I love about the amp? It gives intimacy and atmosphere more than anything else I have had the chance to try. It carries a tune well and has surprisingly good bass. Happy to audition, can ship in original box and a ton of bubble wrap. Priced keenly but if you're a top person, maybe I can move a bit!

Note: I have tried using it as an integrated and as a power amp. I preferred as an integrated. 

Herb pt1: https://www.stereophile.com/content/gramophone-dreams-27-elekit-tu-8600r-amplifier-kit

Herb pt2: https://www.stereophile.com/content/gramophone-dreams-48-venus-tube-western-electrics-300b

Steve G: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJWbZBAqjnk

Wall of sound pt 1 - stock transformer: https://wallofsound.ca/audioreviews/amplification/review-elekit-tu8600-single-ended-300b-amp-part-1/

Wall of sound pt 1 - Lundhal transformer: https://wallofsound.ca/audioreviews/amplification/elekit-tu-8600-part-2-building-the-kit-and-the-lundahl-upgrade/

Note: Herbs reviews are units from VK music in Canada and are upgraded, I believe the spirit remains the same though. All reviews are based on the older R except the second review from Herb. 

Photos:

• By peppy
      Item: McChanson 300b Amplifier (timE or pEar, timE preferred) 
      Price Range: $800
      Item Condition: Used
      Extra Info: I am Sydney based, happy to cover postage.

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).
    • By Ihearmusic
      Item Condition: new Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Bentley State: WA Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Cash Reason for selling: I ordered a bunch and only require 1 pair Further information:
      They come with one year warranty on the tubes.

Filament specifications: DC/AC Voltage 5 V
       DC/AC Current 1.2 A
      Amplification Factor 3.9
      ___________________________________________________________________________
       Power Amplifier class A1
      Maximum
      DC Plate Voltage 550 V
      Dissipation 50 W
      DC Plate Current 120 mA
      ___________________________________________________________________________
      DC Plate Voltage 450 V
      DC Plate Current 100 mA
      Grid Voltage -90 V
      Plate Resistance 630 ohm
      Transconductance 6,2 mA/V
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
    • By Eggmeister
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: No Longer Required Further information: Purchased by me directly from Brian at Audionote Australia. These have less than 20 hours on them. Price includes shipping within Australia

Photos:

• By youngjimmy
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Carlingford State: New South Wales Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: no longer required Further information: I intended using this with my Manley Mahi power amps, but never did, so it has been in storage for a number of years. It was an ex demo unit when I acquired it, so has very few hours on it. It is in its original packaging, with original valves, with owner manual.
      'Tis a thing of beauty and needs to find an owner who will love and appreciate it.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved