Google wants permissions before searching?

Anyone else have this happen?

Attempted to do a word search via google search engine and I get a pop up wanting you to configure permissions for various cookies ect'. I attempt to do so but it doesn't like my choices :wacko:

Have now selected a different default search engine to get around it.

That's interesting. I haven't noticed any differences when doing a Google Search, when not logged into Google.

I'm using Firefox 88.0 under Linux Mint 19.3, and have set Firefox do dump all cookies and cache when I close the browser.

Which OS are you using? Which Browser? and were you logged into Google at the time?

58 minutes ago, bob_m_54 said:

That's interesting. I haven't noticed any differences when doing a Google Search, when not logged into Google.

I'm using Firefox 88.0 under Linux Mint 19.3, and have set Firefox do dump all cookies and cache when I close the browser.

Which OS are you using? Which Browser? and were you logged into Google at the time?

Win 10 up to date.

Firefox up to date, and not logged into google.

I clear data frequently.

8 minutes ago, muon* said:

Win 10 up to date.

Firefox up to date, and not logged into google.

I clear data frequently.

No idea why, but hopefully someone else will chime in with some info..

Just now, bob_m_54 said:

No idea why, but hopefully someone else will chime in with some info..

Doesn't matter, I get over these things quick, was just curious if anyone else got it.

Maybe they changed their settings and was prompting me to set my preferred.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GregWormald said:

I set all the cookies, etc. preferences in the browser itself.

Browser is Brave, search engine is Duck Duck Go—both for enough months that I'll only change is something safer comes along.

Same here...both Brave and Duck Duck Go...safe and tad faster than all the others...

• Like 1

I get Google asking me to verifiy by picking pictures sometimes when I use my VPN to browse.

Currently using Duck in one browser -  Firefox and google in chrome. Firefox is currently my goto browser.

I find when searching pictures it is way better in google as the pics give me links to the site I might interested in instead of duck just gives me the link to the pic only.

Edited by rocky500
  • Like 1

• Volunteer
18 minutes ago, rocky500 said:

I get Google asking me to verifiy by picking pictures sometimes when I use my VPN to browse.

That annoys me no end. 
The fact is that google already knows you are a human because it tracks the way your mouse moves. It only gets you to click on pictures to help train its image-recognition AI. 

• Like 2