Experience/Reviews of Selby.com.au?

Hi All, what is the experience of buying from Selby? Is there a better site for buying, for example, Krix speakers? 

Sorry if there's already a thread on this, if there is then please direct me to it.

Cheers George 

Edited by GeoBW
misspelt

• Administrator

They’re up there with the best for fast shipping, communication and customer service. I’m a regular online shopper there for all my accessories. 

• Like 4

I've only used them for cable and fittings etc.

Good fast service. They stuffed up an order once, I rang them and it was sorted. They told me to keep the wrong plugs, can't ask for more than that I thought.

• Like 1

I've bought a bit of stuff from them (cables and bits and pieces) and I can't fault them.

Never bought any big and expensive things there, but I can't see that would cause any difference.

They often get mentioned on here  without criticism, so that's something else in their favour, too.

As an aside, when I first came upon them, they seemed to be mainly an accessory type of place, but now seem to have expanded into a full-on Hi-Fi shop, and good on them! 

I think they are a member on here, too, which is a good reason (at least to me) to consider them.

Edited by The Rock Puppy
Poor punctuation

I bought some cables from them online, and found them reliable, prompt and professional.

I also recall their home theatre presentations at the hifi show.  They seemed to be very organised and professional, and appeared to be knowledgeable on their products and how to use them to their potential. 

Years ago on another forum (audio and video lifestyle magazine forum ) SELBY supplied members with a set or two of rca cables and a set of speaker cables to trial and then pass on to the next member, all around the country  - no cost, just trust to return them at the end of the country wide trial and maybe some feedback on our findings

Now that is a company worth considering for future dealings.  - YES ?

• Like 2

have had nothing but good experience with Selby and my purchases, shipping super fast too.

As a matter of fact I bought an amp from elsewhere and Selby are the importer and they still did a ripping job of looking after me on the fix (which was just a globe) but during the pandemic was a nightmare as it came from Germany.

I've bought various small bits and pieces from them over the past year, ordered online. No big expensive items, the most elaborate were a few IsoAcoustics items. A few different shipments overall, everything was shipped and delivered promptly, had no problems at all with the orders.

I bought some spikes from them. I completely stuffed up and thought it was a 4 pack when it was single. Too pricey for eight for me (not because they were bad value, but because I’m cheap) and they instantly refunded it when I called them with my mistake - can’t ask for better than that.

Edited by TheBlackDisc
  • Like 2

I’ve bought many hi fi accessories from Selby and they provide first class service and very reasonable prices. There pricing for Krix is cheaper than other sites when I have researched Neuphonix MkII. 

I have bought various types of cables and banana plugs from them at different times. My experience is the same as others here, I have found their service to be prompt and reliable.

Edited by emesbee

On 17/05/2021 at 2:07 PM, Grumpy said:

Years ago on another forum (audio and video lifestyle magazine forum ) SELBY supplied members with a set or two of rca cables and a set of speaker cables to trial and then pass on to the next member, all around the country  - no cost, just trust to return them at the end of the country wide trial and maybe some feedback on our findings

Now that is a company worth considering for future dealings.  - YES ?

I'm now doubting my old fart memory and although i' m almost sure it was SELBY, it might have been another company that supplied the above trials.

Do any other AVL forum members remember this?