Ok Folks

things have been happening on the system front.  Getting to the last mile of the upgrade path but what a stunning upgrade it is.

Stuart from @SGR Audio has been awesome to deal with.  And the quality of workmanship is second to none IMO - both on Speakers and these racks.  I had inspected them last December but still when I was unboxing them yesterday, my jaw dropped on just how stunning these look in the flesh. If you are in the market, pls contact Stuart and talk about his range.  Just a brilliant piece of kit.  Check out the pics for the packing as well.  Everything is top shelf, he's has left nothing to chance.

link for the rack I chose:

Model V Statement High End Hi-Fi equipment rack | SGR Audio

The design is very well thought out and you can see that when assembling them.  Very easy and the quality smacks you in the face.  These are serious racks!!

So, as usual, call my mate Greg to help.  Because frankly, if anyone can confuse each other it is @Doppelganger and me.  But we got through without confusion (relatively speaking at least - only 1 phone call to Stuart).   Thanks Greg for helping carry out the old Cabinet (it was heavier than I recall.....  about 60kgs), so tracking up the back steps to take it upstairs was an exercise..  

Then onto the assembly:  all done in about an hour I reckon.  And yes, it was a race to see who could finish theirs first.  Photo finish..

I played a few albums yesterday and last night.  The SQ has certainly been uplifted.  Music and bottom end has been cleaned up.  Much more open sound (even though i thought it was open and immersive before).  Very Pleased with the purchase and look forward to playing all my favourite albums again to here the layers of sound I wasn't getting before.  And once again, the CH2s from @cheekyboy reveal the upgrade.

to the pics (from phone)

1.jpg

1a.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

3a.jpg

4.jpg

4a.jpg

5.jpg

5a.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

9a.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

• Like 14
  • Love 5
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)

Great posts, mate, the racks look fantastic and I can’t wait to get down there and hear the system now with them in place. I’ve put a few of those SGR racks together myself over the years and you’re right, the attention to detail and the build quality is first class and has to be experienced up close to really appreciate it.

One very important point to make about Stuart’s racks apart from how good they look, is that unlike a lot of other good looking racks, these actually work at isolating your equipment, particularly a turntable from any vibration or unwanted feedback making its way to your loudspeakers.

Great choice in racks, John, and I’m sure they have cleaned up and opened up what was already a sensational sounding system.👍

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 2

Amazing craftsmanship and engineering excellence in the SGR stands. Unfortunately I didn’t get to hear the system after the build so really looking forward to hearing the improvement of a system that was already outstanding!

Hard to believe, but the stands actually look even better in the flesh than in the pictures!

Congrats agin John and kudos to Stuart and SGR!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Beautiful and functional the SGR racks.

Your system looks fantastic John. Have you noticed any change to Turntable sound with them on the SGR’s ? - Edit, disregard, read the post prior to the one above - good to hear.

P.S is the Dyson better than the vorpedo?? 

Edited by Ray H
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, Ray H said:

Beautiful and functional the SGR racks.

Your system looks fantastic John. Have you noticed any change to Turntable sound with them on the SGR’s ? - Edit, disregard, read the post prior to the one above - good to hear.

P.S is the Dyson better than the vorpedo?? 

Hi Ray,

More open and hearing more layers. Cleaned up the sound, even though I didn't think there was anything muddy about it.

Dyson is hot and cold. The vorpedo is just a fan. Vorpedo better when just need a fan (more powerful)

• Thanks 1
On 16/05/2021 at 3:29 PM, Doppelganger said:

Amazing craftsmanship and engineering excellence in the SGR stands. Unfortunately I didn’t get to hear the system after the build so really looking forward to hearing the improvement of a system that was already outstanding!

Hard to believe, but the stands actually look even better in the flesh than in the pictures!

Congrats agin John and kudos to Stuart and SGR!

John's a kind hearted and forgiving person as we know.

But I reckon he got sick of yelling after awhile.

5.jpg

Greg! GREG!!  FFS they go the other way they aint clothes racks

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Luc said:

John's a kind hearted and forgiving person as we know.

But I reckon he got sick of yelling after awhile.

5.jpg

Greg! GREG!!  FFS they go the other way they aint clothes racks

LOL:lol:, but I'm getting a stiff neck lying on my side to look at the pics, so thought I'd try and straighten them up!O.o

John's SGR racks - thread pic 1.jpeg

John's SGR racks - thread pic 3.jpeg

John's SGR racks - thread pic 2.jpeg

• Like 2

Hello John @scuzzii is that rack in the last pic in my post above the RHS rack with the Bardo on top? I don't think I've ever seen the cable stands you're using there either..............they look like reo mesh/bar stands I had the displeasure of using several lives ago!:lol:

Cheers,

Keith

3 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Hello John @scuzzii is that rack in the last pic in my post above the RHS rack with the Bardo on top? I don't think I've ever seen the cable stands you're using there either..............they look like reo mesh/bar stands I had the displeasure of using several lives ago!:lol:

Cheers,

Keith

Hi Keith,

yep that rack is the one the Bardo is on.  I placed the rubber pads closer in as the feet of the Bardo would be around that spot.

The cable lifters are the Bunnings Audiophile reo mesh bar stands indeed.

4 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

Hi Keith,

The cable lifters are the Bunnings Audiophile reo mesh bar stands indeed.

Ah yes, I thought they looked familiar.......................I have seen audiophile cement bags used is some systems too, so I guess it makes sense.:lol::thumb:

• Like 1

room is incomplete without something audiophile from bunnings..

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

The system looks stunning!

Edited by TDX
  • Like 1

SGR website shows pricing at $4,800 per level RRP and you bought 8 levels? That's quite a big investment. But still quite reasonable pricing compared to some other high-end brands. The construction of it looks more sophisticated than my  YG Acoustics racks which are basically aluminium plate slabs bolted together with shelves sitting on similar looking squishy rubber thingies.

• Like 2
On 20/05/2021 at 8:30 AM, brodricj said:

SGR website shows pricing at $4,800 per level RRP and you bought 8 levels? That's quite a big investment. But still quite reasonable pricing compared to some other high-end brands. The construction of it looks more sophisticated than my  YG Acoustics racks which are basically aluminium plate slabs bolted together with shelves sitting on similar looking squishy rubber thingies.

when you see what you've purchased (unpacking and assembling), the $$ are then gone from your thinking.  These are very serious racks.  I wasn't a believer before, but these have changed my mind.

• Like 3