New Dual Kraftwerk II Power supply with adjustable outputs.

Well  finally  the brand new Kraftwerk II Dual power supply is now available. It is basically the same design as the Kraftwerk II low voltage version but in dual format form. The only shared components are the power transformer and case.  As per  KW2 specs  It uses  large iron core chokes  between the two main filter  capacitors. What this does is remove the nasty saw tooth ripple that you normally have on the output of the main filter capacitor. What is left is a very low level  sinusoidal ripple which is very easy for the regulator to remove. Also standard for the  Kraftwerk II range is the use of  active bridge rectifiers. The main advantage of this is virtually zero diode switching noise which you get with normal bridge rectifiers. The other big change is the swap to a custom Japan made 2.5 mm aluminium case with a black powder coated durable finish. Being 2.5 mm thick it has much better thermal dissipation than the previous Hammond case and is also ventilated. It is a flexible design with selectable output voltages via  rear panel switches.  The output voltages are selectable,  5v, 7V, 9v & 12v. The Power is provided an by external EI core Australian approved heavy duty transformer. The power supply comes with  high quality 18 AWG 6A rated DC leads  custom fitted with the correct DC plug to suit your device. The combination of high quality Nichicon Gold Tune capacitors, active bridge rectifiers & large iron core chokes gives it the ability to produce a very clean DC supply which can really improve the sound of the connected devices.  However there is one caveat in the design being the  maximum continuous current draw at 5v is 1.5A to keep thermal dissipation to a reasonable level. The full 3A is available at all other output voltages. Anyone needing a really beef 5v PSU is advised to wait for my new Kraftwerk II fixed output models. I will have a 5v 3A+ continuous version available.

Stock levels, I have pre sold a few of the Dual versions so current stock level is only x3 but I will have another batch of cases in a few weeks.

Cost is $850 which includes Express Post Delivery.

To purchase just go to my website here

https://www.gieseler.com.au/product-page/kraftwerk-ii-dual

Enjoy!

IMG_1709.thumb.jpg.ba754fc2294e69dc9cc0e6be63f43bbd.jpg

IMG_1710.thumb.jpg.0282a93b46b3c4897d626a5bb48cb9e3.jpg

IMG_1729.thumb.jpg.8f953684dfe50cdb31bf78f825e770ff.jpg

IMG_1718.thumb.jpg.4de21b43536df856d5edc14b668a8c56.jpg

Edited by Gieseler Audio
more info
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JC. said:

Product looks very well made.

Im a little lost at its function use though. Can you please explain where is would use this ?

A good, clean, quiet power supply will benefit many DACs, streamers, headphone amps, USB converters, Ethernet switches and probably other things I’m not thinking of. Having one power supply with 2 outputs reduces box count, clutter, number of power points required and things to dust :) 

Edited by RankStranger
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RankStranger said:

A good, clean, quiet power supply will benefit many DACs, streamers, headphone amps, USB converters, Ethernet switches and probably other things I’m not thinking of. Having one power supply with 2 outputs reduces box count, clutter, number of power points required and things to dust :) 

Ah good. Definitely makes sense, just the output plugs confused me a bit. 

• Like 1