SOLD: FS: Abyss 1266 Phi Headphone in good condition

SOLD
Item Condition: Great
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Belmont
State: QLD
Payment Method: Cash on Pick up , EFT
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information:

Item: Abyss 1266 Phi Headphone
Item Condition: It's in great condition, comes with original packaging and all accessories , there are a couple paint chips from normal wear and tear.  ( please find attached photos 7-10 for details) 
Reason for selling: No longer required
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only  ( 3% surcharge for paypal )
Extra Info: One of best headphone around the world, its been my favourite headphone since I purchased it in mid-2017.  I took care of my headphones, always use stax dust protector while is not using.  However, there are still a couple tiny spots where the paint has flaked which I guess its common issue and hard to prevent.  it comes with original packaging with all accessories --   white outer cardboard, wood box, carry bag,  model/SN card, 4pin headphone cable with 6.5mm jack adaptor 

Photos:

1.jpg.7adb39697a44c3330c27ed627a739d85.jpg2.jpg.dc72db782fed1572ad6aadb2e66874f4.jpg3.jpg.a7bfadb0a3398185822172ef9b30766b.jpg4.jpg.5b5528972ecb12f07f04b7bb420da55f.jpg5.jpg.1434d8260fa97f15509b2aa2968d25de.jpg6.jpg.81fcf9a2aaa2d80531639a5c818244b2.jpg7.jpg.56584e30a28a1f5b9b9123cf399c2919.jpg8.jpg.96bcb33ceb73eb568a32cdd5ffe1e596.jpg9.jpg.c1610d6a406286189958b32463eba1cc.jpg10.jpg.74d52bd08dae5aef0ef961e0eb7bcccc.jpg

This set looks like an OG frame (black, not ceramic coated), upgraded to Abyss Phi drivers or it came with those drivers (see lineage below). Looks like the OG pads, not the CC pads. Seller to confirm.

I think the Abyss lineage is:

1. OG Abyss (has a black frame)

2. Abyss Phi (same frame but had upgraded drivers to the Phi drivers, OG owners could pay to upgrade the drivers)

3. Abyss Phi CC (ceramic coated frame and new ear pads that are perforated). previous owners could buy the earpads for their black OG model but pretty sure you could not upgrade to the CC coating

4. Abyss Phi TC (upgraded TC drivers and new headband). Previous owners cannot upgrade to the TC driver as it is a different size to the phi, but they can buy the headband)

I owned the Abyss phi with CC pads and now the TC. All of the above headphones versions are phenomenal, and I would suggest that even the OG Abyss can hang with current TOTL phones like the Susvara, D8000 etc - depending on your taste. Through the versions the resolution increased (particularly CC to TC) and the bass got more controlled.

Edited by Replicant2049
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Bengineer said:

Yeah, looks like revision before the current lineup. Had the Phi drivers but before they started these "packages" where the accessories can add $2000+

Yeah the TC is a different beast to the Phi. Having owned both I can make an argument for either one being better than the other - phi vs TC (although the vast majority love the TC). TC is technically superior no doubt at all - it is otherworldly, but the Phi is nearly easier to live with, it is just less demanding of the listener. The level of detail the TC throws is extreme and constant.

11 hours ago, Replicant2049 said:

Yeah the TC is a different beast to the Phi. Having owned both I can make an argument for either one being better than the other - phi vs TC (although the vast majority love the TC). TC is technically superior no doubt at all - it is otherworldly, but the Phi is nearly easier to live with, it is just less demanding of the listener. The level of detail the TC throws is extreme and constant.

Agreed, Phi is a bit more easy to drive and also no fatigue for long time listening compared to TC version, although TC's technically superior which is no doubt. 

• Like 1