Phono stage with 2 inputs

Hi all, I want to know what are the options available for a phono stage which has 2 inputs both MM/MC, not 1 MM and 1 MC, have adjustment on gain and loading (preferable at the front panel with a knob).

budget around 3k used, So far I have Goldnote PH10 on the list but are there any other options?

Thanks

40 minutes ago, mloutfie said:

Love the ph10. Plus it's much less than 3k used 

Yes it is very good value, even come with the PSU and still just around 2k plus.

It is certainly on the list.

I have experience with the esoteric settling on it after a listening to a number of others.

It is very resolving of detail without being cold or dry.

I read the TAS review of the Goldnote and can offer some insight based on listening to the Zesto as part of my evaluation.

If the Goldnote is not as resolving as the Zesto admittedly an older version , it will be a long way from the Esoteric or AudiaFlight (2 inputs) or even a pair of Andy's muse.

• Like 1

I can also confirm the PS Audio Phono Stellar meets your criteria (edit: no it doesn't - sorry it's only 1 MC and one MM).  There are some preset loading settings, but there is a wheel adjustment (but at the rear) fr custom loading from 0 to 1000 ohms.

You may be able to get one second hand in that budget range.  I'm very pleased with mine.  Plenty of online reviews - including one from a reviewer which I highly resect - Michael Fremer.  Only drawback I can pick is that it is very sensitive to interference such as RF - purely by the way it is designed.

Edited by qik_shift

21 minutes ago, qik_shift said:

I can also confirm the PS Audio Phono Stellar meets your criteria.  There are some preset loading settings, but there is a wheel adjustment (but at the rear) fr custom loading from 0 to 1000 ohms.

You may be able to get one second hand in that budget range.  I'm very pleased with mine.  Plenty of online reviews - including one from a reviewer which I highly resect - Michael Fremer.  Only drawback I can pick is that it is very sensitive to interference such as RF - purely by the way it is designed.

Stella won't take 2 MC ? I think it is one MM and one MC?

• 2 weeks later...

Another option is getting a SUT built with selectable inputs, bypass for MM and multiple gain level. I've had 4x SUT configured like this. 3x by Aurealis Audio (Cinemag 1254, Hashimoto HM7 + HM3) and the Fidelity Research FRT-4.

If SUT are not your cup of tea then there's also the Aksa Paris head amp. I had one from @andyr that was configured the same way. I'm sure his phono stage could be made similarly if you ask?

9 minutes ago, MattyW said:

Another option is getting a SUT built with selectable inputs, bypass for MM and multiple gain level. I've had 4x SUT configured like this. 3x by Aurealis Audio (Cinemag 1254, Hashimoto HM7 + HM3) and the Fidelity Research FRT-4.

If SUT are not your cup of tea then there's also the Aksa Paris head amp. I had one from @andyr that was configured the same way. I'm sure his phono stage could be made similarly if you ask?

Thanks Matty, had SUT before with the Leben. This time will be no SUT...

I have decided thjs week finally and will pick up my next phono next week!

Edited by dwbasement
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

Bugger, the phono that I am going to pick up fell through.

I am back to square one again lol.

Then, maybe, as per this post:

15 hours ago, MattyW said:

... then there's also the Aksa Paris head amp. I had one from @andyr that was configured the same way. I'm sure his phono stage could be made similarly if you ask?

... you might like a head amp that I could build with 2-way inputs for LOMCs - plus 'pass thru' for when one one of the carts is an MM?  :)

There's a 'demo' Paris in Sydney right now (single input only), which you could audition if you wanted to hear how it a. is dead quiet and b. adds nothing to the music.

Andy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andyr said:

... you might like a head amp that I could build with 2-way inputs for LOMCs - plus 'pass thru' for when one one of the carts is an MM?  :)

There's a 'demo' Paris in Sydney right now (single input only), which you could audition if you wanted to hear how it a. is dead quiet and b. adds nothing to the music.

Andy

Thx Andy. I will have a chat with you later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andyr said:

Andy

Andy

He needs to demo your phono stage.  What are the specs for your current 2 input device?

cheers

• Like 1