SOLD: FS: Denafrips Ares II R2R DAC (Oct 2020)

SOLD
Item Condition: Mint
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Rhodes 2138
State: NSW
Payment Method: Cash, Paypal or EFT on Pickup
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information:

Bought from another SNA member in February. This unit is in mint perfect working conditions; it comes with all accessorties, receipt and more than 2 years of transferrable warranty. Originally purchased on 29 Oct 2020 from Australian dealer Dacman audio.

Local pickup only at this point (2138). Will post if not sold quick enough.

Photos:

IMG_2488.thumb.jpg.4d40db21a4cf6b80f2b4acff78dde28a.jpgIMG_2478.thumb.jpg.1401110a8b824e755d64b804535e7c81.jpgIMG_2480.thumb.jpg.db84a962ce48a004e0989e44e2e30cd3.jpg

Edited by gzbaga
  • Like 1

gzbaga, hi.

if you become impatient waiting for a local to purchase and collect the AresII

I'd like to be first in line for a 'wrapped-up and posted' action.

I will PM you with my details.

48 minutes ago, nil said:

gzbaga, hi.

if you become impatient waiting for a local to purchase and collect the AresII

I'd like to be first in line for a 'wrapped-up and posted' action.

I will PM you with my details.

PM'ed

Are these beginning to lose their 'flavour'? They seem to be popping up on the classifieds a bit more.

I love mine and will not be selling soon.

6 hours ago, Batty said:

Are these beginning to lose their 'flavour'? They seem to be popping up on the classifieds a bit more.

I have noticed the same. My guess is some people acquire just to get the flavour and move on to something else or never even had intention of hanging on to this DAC in the first place. I don't own one but am definitely with you in terms of it being superbly crafted and a definite keeper.

Selling only because I need the mobility and versatility of ADI-2. IMO the Ares sound just as good or even better in some regards. Think I'll be moving up the R2R chain later when I've saved enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 7502dan said:

Ore move up the chain like i did to Pontus 

agree and that's my excuse  ... it's a great intro into a NOS R2R sound for the money but upgradeitis is something that many of us unfortunately suffer from

4 hours ago, gzbaga said:

Selling only because I need the mobility and versatility of ADI-2. IMO the Ares sound just as good or even better in some regards. Think I'll be moving up the R2R chain later when I've saved enough.

Yeah move up to the Terminator Simon!!!  :) 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Batty said:

I've also got the Denafrips Ares and don't intend to sell it any time soon. Unless if I get the opportunity to go up in the Denafrips range 😉

12 hours ago, Willmax said:

I've also got the Denafrips Ares and don't intend to sell it any time soon. Unless if I get the opportunity to go up in the Denafrips range 😉

Me three....I had owned a few DACs but so far it is the most pleasing sounding HiFi DAC . I will go up the Denafrips range but wont sway from the R2R direction unless something out there that will give me the same flavour packed with even more details.

I tried an Ares2 briefly in my system and thought it was great for the price.  Sounds very different to an RME ADI-2 that I've listened to quite a bit in my system.   I'd take the Ares2 if my priority was enjoying music on a budget, and the RME if I was going to use it to mix or engineer music on a budget (although in all honesty I'd budget a bit more and go with a Cranesong Solaris or Mytek over the RME).  Obviously all personal preference.

1 hour ago, madfonzy said:

I had the Ares2 too and it was a nice introduction to R2R DACS.  Moved up the ladder but over to a Holo Audio KTE and its an amazing piece of engineering and sound.  

Out of interest, is it the Holo Audio May KTE or Holo Audio Spring KTE?