Revel Ultima Studio2 vs Wharfedale Elysian 4

3 minutes ago, Sean Perth said:

I wonder if anyone in Perth has the Revel so that I could listen to them

none of the local hifi shops stock that model as it’s just been discontinued 

Would the revel 208be not float your boat ?

I have listened to the Revel F228be and liked those, looking for a speaker to better current but proving hard to beat at 10k and below so looking at next price point. 
really loved the Elysian 4 and going back on Tuesday for another listen 

taking my time as this(I’ve been told) has to be my forever speaker lol

14 minutes ago, Sean Perth said:

I wonder if anyone in Perth has the Revel so that I could listen to them

none of the local hifi shops stock that model as it’s just been discontinued 

Met a guy who works in hifi store who owns a set of Salons. Could be a long shot?

From my audition of Salons a while back they are very good, though power hungry. IMO they are exceptional if you can power them. Neutral would be my one word to describe them.

How would you get a set of Salons if you wanted them?

I haven't heard the Elysians so can't comment.

9 minutes ago, WasM said:

Met a guy who works in hifi store who owns a set of Salons. Could be a long shot?

From my audition of Salons a while back they are very good, though power hungry. IMO they are exceptional if you can power them. Neutral would be my one word to describe them.

How would you get a set of Salons if you wanted them?

I haven't heard the Elysians so can't comment.

Not sure about the Salons but the studio 2 are heavily discounted and under half price currently but unfortunately over East so can’t listen to them 

37 minutes ago, Sean Perth said:

I have listened to the Revel F228be and liked those, looking for a speaker to better current but proving hard to beat at 10k and below so looking at next price point. 
really loved the Elysian 4 and going back on Tuesday for another listen 

taking my time as this(I’ve been told) has to be my forever speaker lol

https://www.soundstageaustralia.com/index.php/reviews/466-revel-performabe-f328be-loudspeakers

Hi All

Thanks to Mark/Dave for making me welcome today

Had a good listen to the Elysian's 

Im a lot nearer now to making my decision 

Home demo next up 

Looking forward to that 

Sean 

• Like 2

Revel is old technology, not even close to a cutting edge modern design. For not much more money you might find an outstanding pair of used Magico Q3, or new A3 which has the latest SOTA Gen 8 Nano-Tec cone technology.

Edited by brodricj
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, brodricj said:

Revel is old technology, not even close to a cutting edge modern design. For not much more money you might find an outstanding pair of used Magico Q3, or new A3 which has the latest SOTA Gen 8 Nano-Tec cone technology.

Lol old technology that could levelled at all speakers, but must be why Revel Speakers  still measure and review very well. As well as using beryllium  and composite material drivers in the various ranges.

Edited by cafe67
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Well had the Elysian 4 at home since Saturday evening, there being picked up tomorrow, 

had a few good sessions with them and was able to compare with my current speakers

just need to make a decision now 

22 minutes ago, deanB said:

So one wasn't clearly more to your taste than the other, Sean?

Hi 

I really like the Wharfedales but I guess I’ve been spoilt as my AR 90 have been refurbished and do sound very good 

the Elysian are better in lots of ways but goes down to the old is it enough of a step up to justify the outlay 

Guest deanB
40 minutes ago, Sean Perth said:

Hi 

I really like the Wharfedales but I guess I’ve been spoilt as my AR 90 have been refurbished and do sound very good 

the Elysian are better in lots of ways but goes down to the old is it enough of a step up to justify the outlay 

Plenty of nice options out there, Sean. At least you got to do an optimal audition with the Elysian and now have your first benchmark at that price point.

• 3 weeks later...

How about Yamaha NS5000s for around that price range?Fabulous sounding speakers and they come with the real advantage of a benign impedance.Unlike the vast majority of multiple woofer tower type speakers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...