WTB: Headphone tube SET amp - Cayin/ Woo Audio etc?

Posted (edited)

Item: Headphone tube SET amp
Price Range: Reasonable market value
Item Condition: Used
Extra Info:

Edit: I bought Beyerdynamic T1 Mk 2

At this stage, just want to add/try tube flavour to my audio setup.

I am complete noob with headphone amps, but on paper some examples I like:

• Woo Audio WA6,
  • Cayin 1A-HA,
  • McChanson

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).

Edited by att23

If you are really interested in good sounding tube headphone amp. I would highly recommend you contact Eric Chan on ebay and have him custom build you one. His amps sound really really nice and he is very good at looking after his customers and does a great job custom building the amp to their needs. Cheers. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DMax said:

If you are really interested in good sounding tube headphone amp. I would highly recommend you contact Eric Chan on ebay and have him custom build you one. His amps sound really really nice and he is very good at looking after his customers and does a great job custom building the amp to their needs. Cheers. 

Thanks. I have listed McChanson as an option already. I wanna see what’s available 2nd hand market too. 

13 hours ago, att23 said:

Thanks. I have listed McChanson as an option already. I wanna see what’s available 2nd hand market too. 

Most of the second hand market ones I've seen are speaker amps or small ones and they don't come up often. But anyways. Good luck with the search. I'm very happy with my 300b McChanson amp and it trumps my wood audio, Audio-gd and bottleheads :)

Totally agree with @DMax . Eric's amps trump the other 2 brands . Not as slick looking, but Woo Audio $4k amp compares in sound quality to Eric's $1.5k-$2k amp

8 hours ago, peppy said:

Totally agree with @DMax . Eric's amps trump the other 2 brands . Not as slick looking, but Woo Audio $4k amp compares in sound quality to Eric's $1.5k-$2k amp

Thanks. I will get in touch with Eric then. 

8 hours ago, DMax said:

Most of the second hand market ones I've seen are speaker amps or small ones and they don't come up often. But anyways. Good luck with the search. I'm very happy with my 300b McChanson amp and it trumps my wood audio, Audio-gd and bottleheads :)

Is your 300b mcchanson a headphone amp?