Please ensure your EMAIL ADDRESS is CURRENT

After not receiving the email notification for about a week, I confirmed my email address this morning and received the email notification again at 3pm. Thanks Marc 

Cheers 

2 hours ago, April Snow said:

Oh wow really? Wow don't remember that at all - but must have had an issue and googled it and joined back then but under another name? I only created April Snow in 2019. I say was a long time between drinks then eh? That explains the date then & why I was confused.............👍 

I had got the impression of you, April, that you were far too young to have "Oldtimer's disease"!   :lol:

Andy

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, andyr said:

I had got the impression of you, April, that you were far too young to have "Oldtimer's disease"!   :lol:

Andy

Hmm...Prince and Madonna 🤔

Just a bonnie wee lass.

11 hours ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

I honestly have no idea what you mean...

and I honestly forget :) Something about the thread having at times a Pythonesque flavour I suspect. 

Edited by lemarquis

@Marc I'm not sure if this is unrelated, I haven't received any emails since this hack happened, I'm following the classifieds. Can you check this? I have confirmed that the correct email address is linked to my account and I have checked the spam folder.

Edited by dolphy

• 2 weeks later...

• Administrator

This is an ongoing problem that we are constantly trying new ways to resolve. The problem is the sheer amount of emails being sent from our IP address because of notifications people have subscribed to (nothing to do with our newsletters which come from a different place).

What happens is a member decides they no longer want to receive the notifications, and flag us as "junk mail" rather than just unsubscribing. Often, all it takes is one user and an email provider will flag the IP address. The biggest culprits are Yahoo and Hotmail. If you are using either of these two providers, and you have an alternative email you can use I highly recommend that.

In the meantime, we are implementing even more new processes this afternoon to try and deal with this.

• Like 1