Please ensure your EMAIL ADDRESS is CURRENT

28 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Yes I did that, I do not use a mobile device - tried it with both my MacBook & Windows PC at work..........................shall try again...............thank you so much 🙂

Also side note: Profile says I joined 2007 but was 2019 - so that is odd.

So should I update the email addy even though it is still the same? Would that work?

No idea, all I did is to tick the email notification box on the items that I want email notification and it works now.

• Like 1

On 06/05/2021 at 7:52 PM, Marc said:

Sorry guys, but you're making this hard for me. Did any of you read the thread I linked to above, about resetting notifications, before posting here that they are not working?

Hi Marc.

When you say reset notifications.

I have done all this. Checked my user name and pass word. Unfollowed everything and then refollowed. Still no emails. Not sure what else to do.

Are you able to reset it your end. When you sent me the initial change the password notification...that worked?  So is this now a secondary incident or still part of the first issue?

21 hours ago, dwbasement said:

@April Snow You need to use a desk top computer to access all the preferences, mobile version won't show you all of that.

Once you are in your profile, go to account setting, notification setting then you can choose the email notification and other different notification settings you prefer.

Missed this post. Ah, starting to make sence now. So what you are saying you need a computer to validate all your settings? What if you don't have one. I have been a member for over 3 years and only ever used a phone. Now Saturday and still no emails. Must be someway around this issue. Was hoping that StereoNet could reset it from their end???

Ken

For those not receiving emails but everything else looks right  I can confirm Spambot had blacklisted some IP addresses associated with stereonet emails but I beleive this may have been fixed.

Not sure why Marc  hasn't made this info available to everyone as would of helped some people (like me!).

Edited by Jumbuck

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Jumbuck said:

Not sure why Marc  hasn't made this info available to everyone as would of help some people (like me!).

Because your information is not entirely correct, and this is a constantly evolving situation. The last three days we have been using Sendgrid at great expense to deliver the notifications - some users (Yahoo and hosted Outlook specifically) are still having issues with Sendgrid's IP's being blocked. We have since (last night) moved back again to our own mail servers which appear to have less blacklistings, however that wasn't an option while there was a massive email backlog. That is now cleared and we're now back on our own servers for the time being.

I continue to monitor the situation and find the most effective, reliable, yet affordable solution. 

At this time and over the past 5 days, 98% of mail has been delivered. Most (if not nearly all) of those responding in this thread are not having trouble with mail not being received, but more so that we reset everyone's notifications earlier last week (info that I did make available to everyone!), again, to try and ease the load on the mail server while we work through improving its performance.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marc said:

Because your information is not entirely correct,

All good - I will get back in my box.

TBH I was surprised by how much info you had shared on some of the recent events but not letting people know that if you aren't getting emails then this might be the issue and just to hang off for a bit.

52 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

Missed this post. Ah, starting to make sence now. So what you are saying you need a computer to validate all your settings? What if you don't have one. I have been a member for over 3 years and only ever used a phone. Now Saturday and still no emails. Must be someway around this issue. Was hoping that StereoNet could reset it from their end???

Ken

As I know, you can only see the full version of the profile settings using a desk top, not on mobile.

May be using a tablet through sefari or google would work too.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, needlerunner said:

Ken

Yes, mobile view has always been a limited version of the full experience. It has always been this way. An iPad/Tablet, Laptop, or Desktop computer will give you a lot more options. With that said, it is possible to force your phone browser to show 'Desktop View', but it does have limitations of the user experience given the tiny real estate of a phone screen.

I use both tablet and desktop for 90% of my activity on SNA and I am really glad I don't have to use my phone to do so. I certainly understand that due to personal circumstances, many people have to use phones but they really dampen the enjoyment IMHO.

6 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Ken

Yes I have done the same as you did but via both my Mac Book & then again through Windows at work but still no emails, only PM's from SNA getting through. But guess things take time to sort out 🙂

I always have email notifications off as I'm always logged into SNA but only occasionally logged into my email.

Except for emails from admins, that is on :blush:

Just a visual for where to find those settings.

Go to 'settings' in your profile and on the right you will see 'other settings' and under that 'Notification settings'

1253338563_onescreen.jpg.d5ce678942926f371d90e67047a91d04.jpg

Then just expand the section you want to alter.

1401358915_twoscreen.jpg.64ca90d42eb5ab83b1c98dc5da3e9cec.jpg

1776610434_threescreen.jpg.d6da6346ab15bb3c783960a8a06795b7.jpg

Edited by muon*
  • Like 1

@muon* thank you, that was helpful (although being on Safari had to look in a slightly different place) but my emails did in fact need to be "ticked" again. Hopefully that will solve the issue. Thank you for posting the steps in a visual way. 👍😉

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, needlerunner said:

What if you don't have one. I have been a member for over 3 years and only ever used a phone.

Shirley, you can't be serious, Ken!  :o

IMO, if all you use is a phone to access SNA ... you get at most 20% of the enjoyment you will get using something that has a 'normal-sized' screen.  Plus, I suggest, the small text is not doing your eyesight any good.  :(

But, of course, you can feel as if you're hip.  :lol:

Andy

4 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

You have to dig around a bit more but I’m pretty sure all those settings are available on a mobile. 

A direct link to John Cleese would save everyone a lot of time here. 

• Like 1

I can confirm following @muon* screenshots my emails are now getting through & the email was selected in notifications but not under that page. I am having a chuckle though that under my profile it says I joined 2007 but it was in fact 2019.............so maybe that was another weird glitch. 

If someone else uses their phone for SNA access they might be able screen shot for @needlerunner where to find the setting to tick? I do not use the Mobile one or I would do it.

• Love 1

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, April Snow said:

I am having a chuckle though that under my profile it says I joined 2007 but it was in fact 2019.............so maybe that was another weird glitch. 

Are you sure?

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, andyr said:

Shirley, you can't be serious, Ken!  :o

IMO, if all you use is a phone to access SNA ... you get at most 20% of the enjoyment you will get using something that has a 'normal-sized' screen.  Plus, I suggest, the small text is not doing your eyesight any good.  :(

But, of course, you can feel as if you're hip.  :lol:

Andy

Suspect you are right Andy.

I have a lap top, but it gave up the ghost last year. It's not that old, and probably a cheap fix. I save up some money, but then l spend it all on the those little silver discs and those big round black ones.😱 Oh, and the red stuff in those dark bottles.

I use the phone because l find it convenient and actually have never used the laptop for StereoNet. But yer, l should buy a tablet l guess...or get the laptop fixed and use that.

K

17 hours ago, April Snow said:

Yes I have done the same as you did but via both my Mac Book & then again through Windows at work but still no emails, only PM's from SNA getting through. But guess things take time to sort out 🙂

Mine all fixed now April. I clicked on notifications and then notification settings. I saw that all my relevent posts email boxes were all unticked. So l ticked them all...and bingo, back in business. But it does appear this glitch has different issues for other users.

• Like 1

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

But it does appear this glitch has different issues for other users.

There really is no glitch. There was just a back log of emails in the queue to be sent out. That is now clear.

There are just two things going on here. The first related to many users not having updated their old and redundant email addresses on their profiles. The second one, is very simple - I posted a sticky thread on Monday to let everyone know that I had reset all the notifications settings for all users - here is the thread:

7 hours ago, Marc said:

Are you sure?

image.png

Oh wow really? Wow don't remember that at all - but must have had an issue and googled it and joined back then but under another name? I only created April Snow in 2019. I say was a long time between drinks then eh? That explains the date then & why I was confused.............👍 

Edited by April Snow
  • Haha 1