Please ensure your EMAIL ADDRESS is CURRENT

• Administrator

Could all please ensure their email addresses are valid on your accounts. 

The only people locked out when we had to force a site wide password reset last week are all those with old and no longer valid email addresses on their accounts.

I have spent over a week manually updating more than 300 accounts from members who have contacted me directly. I don't have time for that I'm afraid!

• Thanks 3

Hi Marc

I verified my details last week.

I even changed my password.

Things were working fine till Tuesday. Now l don't receive any notification to my email account at all. I have gone into each forum and re-clicked following. Not sure what else l can do from my end. 

But still not receiving anything.

I don't have a computer and work strictly from my phone. Can you reset from your end?

Regards Ken.

• Like 1

• Administrator
Just now, needlerunner said:

Hi Marc

Things were working fine till Tuesday. Now l don't receive any notification to my email account at all. I have gone into each forum and re-clicked following. Not sure what else l can do from my end. 

I don't have a computer and work strictly from my phone. Can you reset from your end?

Regards Ken.

5 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Hi Marc

Regards Ken.

Im having the same problem. No emails since Tuesday. 

25 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

@Marc sorry I also haven't been receiving email notication for the sections I followed except PMs.

Same here.............. and I checked that I have ticked the threads I follow to receive them, but no longer am. 

But I am able to check through the notifications via SNA directly at least.

Edited by April Snow

Mine is working fine.

Mark.SNA.ElSupremo@NeTscaPe.OrG.

You should see the invites I get to launches. Free tucker, occasional  IPA's.

They're always kinda polite when I'm in conversation with them.

"Youv'e aged MaRC since we last met, the hair loss gives you a more mature look now."

"MaRc! Great to meet you. Sh*t your bigger than your pics, diet out the window?."

"Hi Marc I can't login in because I've forgotten my p/word. Can you tell me what it is please."

"Hi Marc. I took offence at being constantly argued with in the cable thread so I'm leaving and closing my account unless you do something about it."

Hi Marc, I'm selling a Logitech pc speaker system and it has a sub with a volume dial on it. Can you tell me what it's worth and how much of a donation i need to make?"

*I really should change my email addy.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Luc said:

Mine is working fine.

Mark.SNA.ElSupremo@NeTscaPe.OrG.

You should see the invites I get to launches. Free tucker, occasional  IPA's.

They're always kinda polite when I'm in conversation with them.

"Youv'e aged MaRC since we last met, the hair loss gives you a more mature look now."

"MaRc! Great to meet you. Sh*t your bigger than your pics, diet out the window?."

"Hi Marc I can't login in because I've forgotten my p/word. Can you tell me what it is please."

"Hi Marc. I took offence at being constantly argued with in the cable thread so I'm leaving and closing my account unless you do something about it."

Hi Marc, I'm selling a Logitech pc speaker system and it has a sub with a volume dial on it. Can you tell me what it's worth and how much of a donation i need to make?"

*I really should change my email addy.

Same here.... Sergio.Mendes.com.heyyou....😇🤣🤟

23 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Same here.... Sergio.Mendes.com.heyyou....😇🤣🤟

I know your password too😜

It's Brasil 66 

Very cunning the use of numbers instead of sIxtYSiX.

No flies on you Sandgropers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marc said:

I have spent over a week manually updating more than 300 accounts from members who have contacted me directly. I don't have time for that I'm afraid!

As one of those 300 I appreciated being regarded as indispensable to SNA.

20 minutes ago, ThirdDrawerDown said:

As one of those 300 I appreciated being regarded as indispensable to SNA.

Well there's Marc daring the Bots and the DDos muggers on.

https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/1Gu1IzSzlqvFuoVEfHqzQxRPOGi.jpg

And all the retired email addys lie forsaken and your one is just being finished off in the background Murray!

Ten Years Later, Zack Snyder's '300' is Uglier Than Ever ...

It's exciting isn't it being a member here, it's what we come here for!

Edited by Luc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Luc! I did delete before posting, a smartalec comment about you not being on that list of 300. Little did I know you would grab a photo of yourself at your last Eurovision party and do some fancy font-and-background work on it! I thought you rocked that look, just add a feather boa and grab a guitar not a sword and your Glam Rock roots are showing!

44e4i980oiez.jpg

It's a funny thing, what we are here for.

I listen to music, so I'm on a stereo site not a music site

I want stereo to work well for digital without hassle, so I end up learning about coding I should be on a computer site

I want good speakers, so I've encountered Maggies, and I'm not sure where you end up with them

Personally, I think SNA is about possibilities. Such as possibly having the planned system completed, sometime before 2030 when my hearing is shot due to old age. And possibly having something to do with music.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrator
2 hours ago, gillmaverick said:

I am only receiving PMs but none of the e-mail notifications  for threads I am following as well.

2 hours ago, April Snow said:

Same here.............. and I checked that I have ticked the threads I follow to receive them, but no longer am. 

But I am able to check through the notifications via SNA directly at least.

2 hours ago, dwbasement said:

@Marc sorry I also haven't been receiving email notication for the sections I followed except PMs.

Sorry guys, but you're making this hard for me. Did any of you read the thread I linked to above, about resetting notifications, before posting here that they are not working?

• Like 1

• Administrator

Also, check your Junk Mail folder and if they're in there, be sure to add us a Safe Sender (or 'not Junk') - but ONLY if you have read the thread about Notifications Being Reset.

• Like 1

Hello Marc,

I have just responded to 2 FS-items in Classifieds section.

When clicking on the icon (to respond) the parties' email address does show "not valid", so I responded in the comment-section, leaving my phone number.

I recall that this is not the proper way to go about it, but I am open to enlightenment.

Many thx

Michael.

• Administrator

I'm sorry I don't follow @GreenCone - there is no way to contact someone via email. You can send them a private message however.

Can you screen shot what you were doing to get the 'not valid' error? 

9 hours ago, Marc said:

Also, check your Junk Mail folder and if they're in there, be sure to add us a Safe Sender (or 'not Junk') - but ONLY if you have read the thread about Notifications Being Reset.

Thanks Marc, trying to find that thread but search is not showing it? Anyway, my email address has not changed and  nothing has gone to my Spam folders either, but I have gone into Notifications and rechecked and updated everything anyway. Fingers Crossed - thank you  🙂

Edited by April Snow

14 hours ago, Marc said:

Sorry guys, but you're making this hard for me. Did any of you read the thread I linked to above, about resetting notifications, before posting here that they are not working?

Sorry missed that thread...all good now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dwbasement said:

Sorry missed that thread...all good now. 

Oh may I ask what you did? I have updated my preferences and still no emails..............maybe I am doing something wrong? I could not find the link Marc suggested either when searching for it.............

on a side note, also weird as it said I joined the forum in 2007 but it was 2019 ...................LOL

Edited by April Snow

@April Snow You need to use a desk top computer to access all the preferences, mobile version won't show you all of that.

Once you are in your profile, go to account setting, notification setting then you can choose the email notification and other different notification settings you prefer.

Edited by dwbasement

12 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

@April Snow You need to use a desk top computer to access all the preferences, mobile version won't show you all of that.

Once you are in your profile, go to account setting, notification setting then you can choose the email notification and other different notification settings you prefer.

Yes I did that, I do not use a mobile device - tried it with both my MacBook & Windows PC at work..........................shall try again...............thank you so much 🙂

So should I update the email addy even though it is still the same as before the drama happened?

Edited by April Snow