Please ensure your EMAIL ADDRESS is CURRENT

• Administrators

Could all please ensure their email addresses are valid on your accounts. 

The only people locked out when we had to force a site wide password reset last week are all those with old and no longer valid email addresses on their accounts.

I have spent over a week manually updating more than 300 accounts from members who have contacted me directly. I don't have time for that I'm afraid!

• Thanks 3
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine is working fine.   Mark.SNA.ElSupremo@NeTscaPe.OrG.   You should see the invites I get to launches. Free tucker, occasional  IPA's. They're always kinda polite when I'm i

Could all please ensure their email addresses are valid on your accounts.    The only people locked out when we had to force a site wide password reset last week are all those with old and n

Well there's Marc daring the Bots and the DDos muggers on.         And all the retired email addys lie forsaken and your one is just being finished off in the background

Hi Marc

I verified my details last week.

I even changed my password.

Things were working fine till Tuesday. Now l don't receive any notification to my email account at all. I have gone into each forum and re-clicked following. Not sure what else l can do from my end. 

But still not receiving anything.

I don't have a computer and work strictly from my phone. Can you reset from your end?

Regards Ken.

• Like 1
  • Administrators
Just now, needlerunner said:

Hi Marc

Things were working fine till Tuesday. Now l don't receive any notification to my email account at all. I have gone into each forum and re-clicked following. Not sure what else l can do from my end. 

I don't have a computer and work strictly from my phone. Can you reset from your end?

Regards Ken.

5 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Hi Marc

Regards Ken.

Im having the same problem. No emails since Tuesday. 

• Administrators

Di you click the link I just provided in the post about yours @mwhouston?

@Marc sorry I also haven't been receiving email notication for the sections I followed except PMs.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

@Marc sorry I also haven't been receiving email notication for the sections I followed except PMs.

Same here.............. and I checked that I have ticked the threads I follow to receive them, but no longer am. 

But I am able to check through the notifications via SNA directly at least.

Edited by April Snow

Mine is working fine.

Mark.SNA.ElSupremo@NeTscaPe.OrG.

You should see the invites I get to launches. Free tucker, occasional  IPA's.

They're always kinda polite when I'm in conversation with them.

"Youv'e aged MaRC since we last met, the hair loss gives you a more mature look now."

"MaRc! Great to meet you. Sh*t your bigger than your pics, diet out the window?."

"Hi Marc I can't login in because I've forgotten my p/word. Can you tell me what it is please."

"Hi Marc. I took offence at being constantly argued with in the cable thread so I'm leaving and closing my account unless you do something about it."

Hi Marc, I'm selling a Logitech pc speaker system and it has a sub with a volume dial on it. Can you tell me what it's worth and how much of a donation i need to make?"

*I really should change my email addy.

• Like 4

I am only receiving PMs but none of the e-mail notifications  for threads I am following as well.

16 minutes ago, Luc said:

Mine is working fine.

Mark.SNA.ElSupremo@NeTscaPe.OrG.

You should see the invites I get to launches. Free tucker, occasional  IPA's.

They're always kinda polite when I'm in conversation with them.

"Youv'e aged MaRC since we last met, the hair loss gives you a more mature look now."

"MaRc! Great to meet you. Sh*t your bigger than your pics, diet out the window?."

"Hi Marc I can't login in because I've forgotten my p/word. Can you tell me what it is please."

"Hi Marc. I took offence at being constantly argued with in the cable thread so I'm leaving and closing my account unless you do something about it."

Hi Marc, I'm selling a Logitech pc speaker system and it has a sub with a volume dial on it. Can you tell me what it's worth and how much of a donation i need to make?"

*I really should change my email addy.

Same here.... Sergio.Mendes.com.heyyou....😇🤣🤟

23 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Same here.... Sergio.Mendes.com.heyyou....😇🤣🤟

I know your password too😜

It's Brasil 66 

Very cunning the use of numbers instead of sIxtYSiX.

No flies on you Sandgropers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marc said:

I have spent over a week manually updating more than 300 accounts from members who have contacted me directly. I don't have time for that I'm afraid!

As one of those 300 I appreciated being regarded as indispensable to SNA.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, ThirdDrawerDown said:

As one of those 300 I appreciated being regarded as indispensable to SNA.

Well there's Marc daring the Bots and the DDos muggers on.

https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/1Gu1IzSzlqvFuoVEfHqzQxRPOGi.jpg

And all the retired email addys lie forsaken and your one is just being finished off in the background Murray!

Ten Years Later, Zack Snyder's '300' is Uglier Than Ever ...

It's exciting isn't it being a member here, it's what we come here for!

Edited by Luc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Luc! I did delete before posting, a smartalec comment about you not being on that list of 300. Little did I know you would grab a photo of yourself at your last Eurovision party and do some fancy font-and-background work on it! I thought you rocked that look, just add a feather boa and grab a guitar not a sword and your Glam Rock roots are showing!

44e4i980oiez.jpg

It's a funny thing, what we are here for.

I listen to music, so I'm on a stereo site not a music site

I want stereo to work well for digital without hassle, so I end up learning about coding I should be on a computer site

I want good speakers, so I've encountered Maggies, and I'm not sure where you end up with them

Personally, I think SNA is about possibilities. Such as possibly having the planned system completed, sometime before 2030 when my hearing is shot due to old age. And possibly having something to do with music.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Administrators
2 hours ago, gillmaverick said:

I am only receiving PMs but none of the e-mail notifications  for threads I am following as well.

2 hours ago, April Snow said:

Same here.............. and I checked that I have ticked the threads I follow to receive them, but no longer am. 

But I am able to check through the notifications via SNA directly at least.

2 hours ago, dwbasement said:

Sorry guys, but you're making this hard for me. Did any of you read the thread I linked to above, about resetting notifications, before posting here that they are not working?

• Like 1

• Administrators

Also, check your Junk Mail folder and if they're in there, be sure to add us a Safe Sender (or 'not Junk') - but ONLY if you have read the thread about Notifications Being Reset.

• Like 1

Hello Marc,

I have just responded to 2 FS-items in Classifieds section.

When clicking on the icon (to respond) the parties' email address does show "not valid", so I responded in the comment-section, leaving my phone number.

I recall that this is not the proper way to go about it, but I am open to enlightenment.

Many thx

Michael.

• Administrators

I'm sorry I don't follow @GreenCone - there is no way to contact someone via email. You can send them a private message however.

Can you screen shot what you were doing to get the 'not valid' error? 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Marc said:

Also, check your Junk Mail folder and if they're in there, be sure to add us a Safe Sender (or 'not Junk') - but ONLY if you have read the thread about Notifications Being Reset.

Thanks Marc, trying to find that thread but search is not showing it? Anyway, my email address has not changed and  nothing has gone to my Spam folders either, but I have gone into Notifications and rechecked and updated everything anyway. Fingers Crossed - thank you  🙂

Edited by April Snow
14 hours ago, Marc said:

Sorry guys, but you're making this hard for me. Did any of you read the thread I linked to above, about resetting notifications, before posting here that they are not working?

Sorry missed that thread...all good now. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dwbasement said:

Sorry missed that thread...all good now. 

Oh may I ask what you did? I have updated my preferences and still no emails..............maybe I am doing something wrong? I could not find the link Marc suggested either when searching for it.............

on a side note, also weird as it said I joined the forum in 2007 but it was 2019 ...................LOL

Edited by April Snow
Posted (edited)

@April Snow You need to use a desk top computer to access all the preferences, mobile version won't show you all of that.

Once you are in your profile, go to account setting, notification setting then you can choose the email notification and other different notification settings you prefer.

Edited by dwbasement
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

@April Snow You need to use a desk top computer to access all the preferences, mobile version won't show you all of that.

Once you are in your profile, go to account setting, notification setting then you can choose the email notification and other different notification settings you prefer.

Yes I did that, I do not use a mobile device - tried it with both my MacBook & Windows PC at work..........................shall try again...............thank you so much 🙂

So should I update the email addy even though it is still the same as before the drama happened?

Edited by April Snow
28 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Yes I did that, I do not use a mobile device - tried it with both my MacBook & Windows PC at work..........................shall try again...............thank you so much 🙂

Also side note: Profile says I joined 2007 but was 2019 - so that is odd.

So should I update the email addy even though it is still the same? Would that work?

No idea, all I did is to tick the email notification box on the items that I want email notification and it works now.

• Like 1
On 06/05/2021 at 7:52 PM, Marc said:

Hi Marc.

When you say reset notifications.

I have done all this. Checked my user name and pass word. Unfollowed everything and then refollowed. Still no emails. Not sure what else to do.

Are you able to reset it your end. When you sent me the initial change the password notification...that worked?  So is this now a secondary incident or still part of the first issue?

21 hours ago, dwbasement said:

Missed this post. Ah, starting to make sence now. So what you are saying you need a computer to validate all your settings? What if you don't have one. I have been a member for over 3 years and only ever used a phone. Now Saturday and still no emails. Must be someway around this issue. Was hoping that StereoNet could reset it from their end???

Ken

Posted (edited)

For those not receiving emails but everything else looks right  I can confirm Spambot had blacklisted some IP addresses associated with stereonet emails but I beleive this may have been fixed.

Not sure why Marc  hasn't made this info available to everyone as would of helped some people (like me!).

Edited by Jumbuck
  • Administrators
1 minute ago, Jumbuck said:

Not sure why Marc  hasn't made this info available to everyone as would of help some people (like me!).

Because your information is not entirely correct, and this is a constantly evolving situation. The last three days we have been using Sendgrid at great expense to deliver the notifications - some users (Yahoo and hosted Outlook specifically) are still having issues with Sendgrid's IP's being blocked. We have since (last night) moved back again to our own mail servers which appear to have less blacklistings, however that wasn't an option while there was a massive email backlog. That is now cleared and we're now back on our own servers for the time being.

I continue to monitor the situation and find the most effective, reliable, yet affordable solution. 

At this time and over the past 5 days, 98% of mail has been delivered. Most (if not nearly all) of those responding in this thread are not having trouble with mail not being received, but more so that we reset everyone's notifications earlier last week (info that I did make available to everyone!), again, to try and ease the load on the mail server while we work through improving its performance.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Marc said:

Because your information is not entirely correct,

All good - I will get back in my box.

TBH I was surprised by how much info you had shared on some of the recent events but not letting people know that if you aren't getting emails then this might be the issue and just to hang off for a bit.

52 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

Missed this post. Ah, starting to make sence now. So what you are saying you need a computer to validate all your settings? What if you don't have one. I have been a member for over 3 years and only ever used a phone. Now Saturday and still no emails. Must be someway around this issue. Was hoping that StereoNet could reset it from their end???

Ken

As I know, you can only see the full version of the profile settings using a desk top, not on mobile.

May be using a tablet through sefari or google would work too.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, needlerunner said:

Ken

Yes, mobile view has always been a limited version of the full experience. It has always been this way. An iPad/Tablet, Laptop, or Desktop computer will give you a lot more options. With that said, it is possible to force your phone browser to show 'Desktop View', but it does have limitations of the user experience given the tiny real estate of a phone screen.

i'm another whos e mails are not getting sent to me from the follow pages i have subscribed to ,

my pm emails are but not the follow ones

I use both tablet and desktop for 90% of my activity on SNA and I am really glad I don't have to use my phone to do so. I certainly understand that due to personal circumstances, many people have to use phones but they really dampen the enjoyment IMHO.

6 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Ken

Yes I have done the same as you did but via both my Mac Book & then again through Windows at work but still no emails, only PM's from SNA getting through. But guess things take time to sort out 🙂

I always have email notifications off as I'm always logged into SNA but only occasionally logged into my email.

Except for emails from admins, that is on :blush:

Posted (edited)

Just a visual for where to find those settings.

Go to 'settings' in your profile and on the right you will see 'other settings' and under that 'Notification settings'

1253338563_onescreen.jpg.d5ce678942926f371d90e67047a91d04.jpg

Then just expand the section you want to alter.

1401358915_twoscreen.jpg.64ca90d42eb5ab83b1c98dc5da3e9cec.jpg

1776610434_threescreen.jpg.d6da6346ab15bb3c783960a8a06795b7.jpg

Edited by muon*
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

@muon* thank you, that was helpful (although being on Safari had to look in a slightly different place) but my emails did in fact need to be "ticked" again. Hopefully that will solve the issue. Thank you for posting the steps in a visual way. 👍😉

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, needlerunner said:

What if you don't have one. I have been a member for over 3 years and only ever used a phone.

Shirley, you can't be serious, Ken!  :o

IMO, if all you use is a phone to access SNA ... you get at most 20% of the enjoyment you will get using something that has a 'normal-sized' screen.  Plus, I suggest, the small text is not doing your eyesight any good.  :(

But, of course, you can feel as if you're hip.  :lol:

Andy