Budget Android dap for my son to stream music

Hi,

I want to get my son a device to stream music that is not a phone. I would like him to be able to browse music on Spotify or similar without the distraction of the internet or games.

I,m considering the FiiO M6 and wondering if others can suggest other options in a similar or lower price range.

16 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

An old phone without a SIM card, a large SD card and follow these suggestions from Google.

I reckon you are better off educating your son and monitoring usage. Once he sees his peers having access to more than music, he will ditch the DAP.  

I did consider that and I am about to upgrade my iPhone 6 but.......not sure a phone in kiosk mode is a wise move. He is 9 and easily distracted and a very persistent negotiator. As soon as he has a phone it’s a small step towards him bargaining to unlock games and more screen time. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bengineer said:

Good idea actually.

4 over to position 2. 1 over to postition 2. 4 under to position 2. 1 under the position 2.

He would love that........for about 5mins.

23 hours ago, DdDesign said:

I did consider that and I am about to upgrade my iPhone 6 but.......not sure a phone in kiosk mode is a wise move. He is 9 and easily distracted and a very persistent negotiator. As soon as he has a phone it’s a small step towards him bargaining to unlock games and more screen time. 

Go retro and get a Sony Discman for him. He'll be the coolest kid at school... Oh, and buy him a jacket with big pockets...