Jump to content

Budget Android dap for my son to stream music


Recommended Posts

Hi,

I want to get my son a device to stream music that is not a phone. I would like him to be able to browse music on Spotify or similar without the distraction of the internet or games.

I,m considering the FiiO M6 and wondering if others can suggest other options in a similar or lower price range.

Link to post
Share on other sites

An old phone without a SIM card, a large SD card and follow these suggestions from Google.

 

I reckon you are better off educating your son and monitoring usage. Once he sees his peers having access to more than music, he will ditch the DAP.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

An old phone without a SIM card, a large SD card and follow these suggestions from Google.

 

I reckon you are better off educating your son and monitoring usage. Once he sees his peers having access to more than music, he will ditch the DAP.  

 

I did consider that and I am about to upgrade my iPhone 6 but.......not sure a phone in kiosk mode is a wise move. He is 9 and easily distracted and a very persistent negotiator. As soon as he has a phone it’s a small step towards him bargaining to unlock games and more screen time. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Bengineer said:

 

Would be lovely but above his pocket money rate.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good idea actually.

 

4 over to position 2. 1 over to postition 2. 4 under to position 2. 1 under the position 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bengineer said:

Good idea actually.

 

4 over to position 2. 1 over to postition 2. 4 under to position 2. 1 under the position 2.

He would love that........for about 5mins.

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, DdDesign said:

I did consider that and I am about to upgrade my iPhone 6 but.......not sure a phone in kiosk mode is a wise move. He is 9 and easily distracted and a very persistent negotiator. As soon as he has a phone it’s a small step towards him bargaining to unlock games and more screen time. 

Go retro and get a Sony Discman for him. He'll be the coolest kid at school... Oh, and buy him a jacket with big pockets...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I always liked the Walkman with tapes....still need big pockets

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...