Audioholics vs Synergistic Research

Guest crankit
8 hours ago, deepthought said:

I read about this feud during the first COVID-19 lockdowns.

Not a good look for either parties.

Reminds me of how divisive Western culture has become in general.

Thats why there will never be world peace

4 hours ago, Eggcup the Dafter said:

If you check back, the first salvo was an attack by Ted Denney of Synergistic on Gene DellaSala of Audioholics, for fundraising to keep his company going when he got covid. 

Audioholics being a forum, there will almost certainly have been chatter about Synergistic and other companies run by Denney on that forum. Synergistic Research is one of the most controversial companies in the industry, so some of the comment would have been negative, as it has been here. It doesn't justify that sort of personal attack.

Using a picture of your opponent's daughter in your attacks isn't exactly nice either.

Again, Audioholics being a forum, the resulting pushback and the nastiness the other way was inevitable. The correct response would have been to issue a short, pointed reply and to stop responses and quickly close any thread that started to get nasty. - as happened here in response to some wrong-headed comments made about StereoNet recently.

I don't think either camp has come out of this well.

Gene DellaSala has a big old running mouth that just can't be fixed and has lost sponsors from his site as a result 

Saying Genes part of the problem is an understatement 

Guest Eggcup the Dafter
12 minutes ago, crankit said:

Gene DellaSala has a big old running mouth that just can't be fixed and has lost sponsors from his site as a result.

Saying Genes part of the problem is an understatement 

He may well have said things and lost sponsors. He's gone in hard on some products, I can see that. I can understand sponsors leaving. I could understand a manufacturer being upset and calling him out on that.

And of course these things pretty much never happen in a vacuum.

But...

I can't see anything that deserved the personal attack while he was ill.

I certainly can't see anything that deserved the misuse of the picture of his daughter.

Those two things are the problem here, not criticisms of audio companies or products.

If you know different feel free to tell us... If you've got something really controversial perhaps PM @Marc first

3 minutes ago, Eggcup the Dafter said:

He may well have said things and lost sponsors. He's gone in hard on some products, I can see that. I can understand sponsors leaving. I could understand a manufacturer being upset and calling him out on that.

And of course these things pretty much never happen in a vacuum.

But...

I can't see anything that deserved the personal attack while he was ill.

I certainly can't see anything that deserved the misuse of the picture of his daughter.

Those two things are the problem here, not criticisms of audio companies or products.

If you know different feel free to tell us... If you've got something really controversial perhaps PM @Marc first

Serious question. Can anyone provide any proof that he posted a picture of his Daughter? Given that this a pretty serious accusation, I assume there is some evidence of it out there? Or was it was on BIden's laptop?

Edited by deepthought
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, MLXXX said:

Would we see theses sorts of violent threats expressed on an Australian audiophile forum (before they were removed by moderators)? 

Sure... people have been actually punching on about less (let alone just talking about it) for quite a long long time.   This isn't anything new, as much as people might want to cry otherwise.

I refer here both to nonsensical technical explanations and to threats of violence.

They are both as old as sand.

I'm sure these guys will find some way to settle it.

Edited by davewantsmoore

When others on his Facebook page questioned his personal attack against me,  he stated that Audioholics slandered his company back in 2009 and it got "so ugly that the Feds had to shut down the Audioholics website and remove ALL posts related to his company". This of course NEVER happened and after he received a good amount of negative feedback for his callous posts, he took them down along with the Youtube video.

🤣🤣🤡🤣🤡🤣

Guest Eggcup the Dafter
2 hours ago, deepthought said:

Serious question. Can anyone provide any proof that he posted a picture of his Daughter? Given that this a pretty serious accusation, I assume there is some evidence of it out there? Or was it was on BIden's laptop?

I see no reason not to believe it, but on checking I can’t see such a post in Ted Denney’s public Facebook at the moment - either way, a good sign. 

3 minutes ago, Eggcup the Dafter said:

I see no reason not to believe it, but on checking I can’t see such a post in Ted Denney’s public Facebook at the moment - either way, a good sign. 

Why do you see no reason not to believe it? These guys were taking screen shots of Ted's posts. So where is the screenshot of the picture of his Daughter that Ted is alleged to have posted? 

Edited by deepthought

Guest Eggcup the Dafter
6 minutes ago, deepthought said:

Why do you see no reason not to believe it? These guys were taking screen shots of Ted's posts. So where is the screenshot of the picture of his Daughter that Ted is alleged to have posted? 

If a picture of your daughter was used as alleged would you repost it?

7 hours ago, Eggcup the Dafter said:

If a picture of your daughter was used as alleged would you repost it?

If I thought it was a "smoking gun" then I'd blur her image and cover any reference to her name. As I said, it's most likely on Joe Biden's laptop. The one with all the explosive evidence that Trump was going to use to win the election.

Edited by deepthought
Typo

4 minutes ago, deepthought said:

it's most likely on Joe Biden's laptop

Hunter's laptop, the one he flew to another city for repair by some really dodgy character :lol:

Must be hard up for PC repairers in the USA 😁

Edit: woops! this is getting into dangerous territory, even though it is not really the subject matter.

Edited by muon*

Just now, muon* said:

Hunter's laptop, the one he flew to another city for repair by some really dodgy character :lol:

Must be hard up for PC repairers in the USA 😁

Oh, yes it was Hunter's that's right. Shame it totally vanished like that. I was shocked..... 😏

43 minutes ago, deepthought said:

Gene mentioned deleting of posts.... and I'm pretty sure while skimming the thread that it was others who screen shotted most of the posts (which Gene was thankful for).

We'll not know either way obviously, unless they show it ...... but I mean, what does it matter.   This guy is obviously being a complete tool shed, even if only some of what is claimed is true.   I'm not surprised that some people want to punch him (note).

Note:   Which I'm not necessarily condoning..... I'm just not surprised that someone wants to do it.   (Kinda sad I need to leave this note here).

5 minutes ago, davewantsmoore said:

Note:   Which I'm not necessarily condoning..... I'm just not surprised that someone wants to do it.   (Kinda sad I need to leave this note here).

They were suggesting a lot worse than a punch.

Come on, you guys know evidence is required for something to be a fact!

Guest Eggcup the Dafter
13 minutes ago, deepthought said:

If I though it was a "smoking gun" then I'd blur her image and cover any reference to her name. As I said, it's most likely on Joe Biden's laptop. The one with all the explosive evidence that Trump was going to use to win the election.

So you’re accusing Della Sala of lying and bringing his own daughter into this - why, to gain sympathy? That’s as serious an accusation and you don’t have proof either..

Whether Denney is in the right for not over-responding to a lie, or he’s done the right thing and removed it- I’ll take it as a positive on his part. Goodness knows we need a positive in all that.

Guest Eggcup the Dafter

Reading back over this thread I don’t like what I’m seeing of myself or some of you. 

Enough. I’m out.

8 minutes ago, Eggcup the Dafter said:

Reading back over this thread I don’t like what I’m seeing of myself or some of you. 

Enough. I’m out.

I seriously doubt the banter here will have any great effect on those involved in that battle.

11 hours ago, Eggcup the Dafter said:

I'm pretty sure we aren't Audioholics here

Are you sure about that?

So far I've seen Synergistic Research referred too as snake oil and you yourself analogised Synergistic Research with Nazis, not to mention being pleased with the fact that someone found that offensive. 

Seems to me the only thing missing is knuckledusters and baseball bats... Oh hang on wait... :unsure:

3 hours ago, davewantsmoore said:

I'm not surprised that some people want to punch him

• Like 2

4 hours ago, muon* said:

Not in the Great Audio Debate @muon* !! :lol:

It's perfectly acceptable in these threads to declare something fact or snake oil etc without specific reference or evidence.

13 hours ago, rantan said:

True, however the snake oil/ rubbish that Synergistic Research produces and then markets by way of faux science needs to be called out at any opportunity.

Strongly but not violently, which I would never condone. However I can see why some less polite and more aggressive people become annoyed by the claims of this company who have made millions by slick marketing based on lies, assumptions and obfuscation of the truth.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eggcup the Dafter said:

So you’re accusing Della Sala of lying and bringing his own daughter into this - why, to gain sympathy? That’s as serious an accusation and you don’t have proof either..

Whether Denney is in the right for not over-responding to a lie, or he’s done the right thing and removed it- I’ll take it as a positive on his part. Goodness knows we need a positive in all that.

Mate, take a chill pill. I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm making the point that since he is making a serious accusation, the onus of proof lies with him in this case. If he can't or won't prove it then he needs to withdraw his accusation otherwise he might leave himself open to a court case. 

To be clear, I think Ted is acting like a total ass. But the legal principles remain. 

I do apologise for potentially trivialising the matter by bringing up the matter of biden's laptop. If it were my daughter I would be incensed myself. But I'd want to make sure I had proof before making public statements.

I'm going to bail on this thread too. 

Edited by deepthought

7 hours ago, Martykt said:

analogised Synergistic Research with Nazis

That wasn't the intention to conflat "them" with "them" ..... Id' say "I hope you can see that" .... but I guess not.

The intention was to conflate calling out something a "bit" bad, with something really bad (and he picked the most bad thing he could think of).

(And people wonder why threads get closed.... wow)

7 hours ago, Martykt said:

Seems to me the only thing missing is knuckledusters and baseball bats... Oh hang on wait... :unsure:

Nobody here is suggesting that .....  other than to say people shouldn't be surprised that it happened.   That stuff is not uncommon in the big bad world out there.    That doesn't make it right..... but it happens.

11 hours ago, muon* said:

Of course... I have no idea if it's true.... but he thinks its true, so I'm not surpised he feels that way.

If it's not true... and he thinks it is.... he's either mistaken (lol, not something you could get "confused about") ... or lying.    I don't know <shrug>/

4 hours ago, deepthought said:

Mate, take a chill pill. I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm making the point that since he is making a serious accusation, the onus of proof lies with him in this case.

He doesn't actually owe anybody any proof.    He's completely allowed to make unsubstantiated claims.

... and if it stays that way, we'll never know.... and lots of people might not believe him.... so what?

As I said... I don't know if he's lying, but if he thinks that happenend... then it is no surprise he feels the way he does.

If he can't or won't prove it then he needs to withdraw his accusation otherwise he might leave himself open to a court case. 

A court case for what?   He claimed that the guy posted a picture of his family.  That isn't a crime. (neither posting the picture, or claiming someone did).    LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

OTOH... what the guy from SR reportedly claimed (about AH being investigated, or losing sponsors, etc.) .... assuming they are untrue (which Gene says they are......  ARE actually things that will get you in court.   Even in the USA, where the protections are much more generous.    (The SR guy would basically have to prove it was his "opinion" that those things happened, which if they're factually false, will be a tough stretch).

To be clear, I think Ted is acting like a total ass. But the legal principles remain. 

What are they?

I do apologise for potentially trivialising the matter by bringing up the matter of biden's laptop.

Many feelings were hurt.  Tsk.

But I'd want to make sure I had proof before making public statements.

No law suit will come from "you posted a picture of my family on your facebook and made fun of me" .... not even in countries like Australia/UK... let alone the USA.

Calling into question the operation of a business by stating things to be true, which didn't happen (assuming that is the case) ..... that's a bit more hot water  <shrug>

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, davewantsmoore said:

That wasn't the intention to conflat "them" with "them" ..... Id' say "I hope you can see that" .... but I guess not.

The intention was to conflate calling out something a "bit" bad, with something really bad (and he picked the most bad thing he could think of).

(And people wonder why threads get closed.... wow)

Nobody here is suggesting that .....  other than to say people shouldn't be surprised that it happened.   That stuff is not uncommon in the big bad world out there.    That doesn't make it right..... but it happens.

Of course... I have no idea if it's true.... but he thinks its true, so I'm not surpised he feels that way.

If it's not true... and he thinks it is.... he's either mistaken (lol, not something you could get "confused about") ... or lying.    I don't know <shrug>/

He doesn't actually owe anybody any proof.    He's completely allowed to make unsubstantiated claims.

... and if it stays that way, we'll never know.... and lots of people might not believe him.... so what?

As I said... I don't know if he's lying, but if he thinks that happenend... then it is no surprise he feels the way he does.

A court case for what?   He claimed that the guy posted a picture of his family.  That isn't a crime. (neither posting the picture, or claiming someone did).    LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

OTOH... what the guy from SR reportedly claimed (about AH being investigated, or losing sponsors, etc.) .... assuming they are untrue (which Gene says they are......  ARE actually things that will get you in court.   Even in the USA, where the protections are much more generous.    (The SR guy would basically have to prove it was his "opinion" that those things happened, which if they're factually false, will be a tough stretch).

What are they?

Many feelings were hurt.  Tsk.

No law suit will come from "you posted a picture of my family on your facebook and made fun of me" .... not even in countries like Australia/UK... let alone the USA.

Calling into question the operation of a business by stating things to be true, which didn't happen (assuming that is the case) ..... that's a bit more hot water  <shrug>

Dave, I'm not going to respond to your stream of consciousness posts.

• Like 3

Guest thethrowback

Dem's fightin' words. I haven't heard so much vitriolic rhetoric since Killer Karl Kox took on Mario Milano in '68.

I wonder what reaction you would get if you submitted a manufacturer's warranty claim? Pistols at dawn.