Audioholics vs Synergistic Research

• Administrators

Anyone else following this? I find it disappointing to see this playing out in public, but fascinating to watch all the same.

Looks like I came into what looks like a year's long feud, but it seems to have revved up recently:

Picks up here: https://www.audioholics.com/editorials/synergistic-research

Then this:

• Haha 2
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dave, I'm not going to respond to your stream of consciousness posts.

So I guess you're not worried either about the initial nastiness, or the continuing attacks and button pusing by Mr Denney, only the responses on the forum? Remember the violent speech started in resp

The claims Synergistic make regarding how their products work seem to make zero sense while their user base rave about improvements to the extent that I'm reminded of Red Dwarf's "Better than Life".

WoW!

Didn't know about this feud, but I recognize that still with the two guys with the weight lifting dude on the right, and it doesn't ring a nice bell but my memory is not clear on why.

A bit to digest so will need to comment later after sussing it out more, but I do find some of these on-line evangelists trying to save us lot from the so called snake oil merchants a bit tiresome.

Edit: I will say the insinuated threats of violence noted coming from the Audioholics members more than a bit off.

I wish all those guys in the vid were wearing face masks and not just a couple of them.

Meh, I really don't know what to make of it, but I do know I don't need any on-line entity to help me make up my mind on any product, as to whether It's valid or not. Not on one side or the other and have never used or owned a SR product.

Edited by muon*

The claims Synergistic make regarding how their products work seem to make zero sense while their user base rave about improvements to the extent that I'm reminded of Red Dwarf's "Better than Life".

To be honest I think this challenge is the wrong way round. Synergistic should travel to an independently well set up listening room and measurement lab and prove that their stuff actually does make significant improvements. 

It'd sure be an interesting court case if it comes to that.

• Like 3

I read about this feud during the first COVID-19 lockdowns.

Not a good look for either parties.

Reminds me of how divisive Western culture has become in general.

Edited by deepthought
1 hour ago, Eggcup the Dafter said:

The claims Synergistic make regarding how their products work seem to make zero sense while their user base rave about improvements

I went onto the Synergistic Research website and chose a product: fuses. Here is a link to the webpage on the orange fuse: https://www.synergisticresearch.com/fuses/orange-fuse/

The explanation makes zero sense to me. It strikes me as a hotchpotch of wishful thinking, without any clear scientific basis.  No wonder Audioholics have raised doubts.  And yet the video Marc has linked to in the opening post portrays overwhelming  confidence that the products actually work!

18 hours ago, muon* said:

Edit: I will say the insinuated threats of violence noted coming from the Audioholics members more than a bit off.

Indeed. Totally inappropriate. And expressed in writing, in a public forum.  What other threats were made?

1 hour ago, deepthought said:

Would we see theses sorts of violent threats expressed on an Australian audiophile forum (before they were removed by moderators)? 

Is it to do with the United States?  Is it where a focus on "free speech" has led their society? A lack of accountability for what is said or written?  I refer here both to nonsensical technical explanations and to threats of violence.

Let's hope we can avoid such extremes in Australia. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, MLXXX said:

Would we see theses sorts of violent threats expressed on an Australian audiophile forum (before they were removed by moderators)? 

Is it to do with the United States?  Is it where a focus on "free speech" has led their society? A lack of accountability for what is said or written?  I refer here both to nonsensical technical explanations and to threats of violence.

I think it says a lot about Audioholics more than anything.

53 minutes ago, muon* said:

True, however the snake oil/ rubbish that Synergistic Research produces and then markets by way of faux science needs to be called out at any opportunity.

Strongly but not violently, which I would never condone. However I can see why some less polite and more aggressive people become annoyed by the claims of this company who have made millions by slick marketing based on lies, assumptions and obfuscation of the truth.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, muon* said:

If you check back, the first salvo was an attack by Ted Denney of Synergistic on Gene DellaSala of Audioholics, for fundraising to keep his company going when he got covid. 

Audioholics being a forum, there will almost certainly have been chatter about Synergistic and other companies run by Denney on that forum. Synergistic Research is one of the most controversial companies in the industry, so some of the comment would have been negative, as it has been here. It doesn't justify that sort of personal attack.

Using a picture of your opponent's daughter in your attacks isn't exactly nice either.

Again, Audioholics being a forum, the resulting pushback and the nastiness the other way was inevitable. The correct response would have been to issue a short, pointed reply and to stop responses and quickly close any thread that started to get nasty. - as happened here in response to some wrong-headed comments made about StereoNet recently.

I don't think either camp has come out of this well.

Fark, people are more worried they will be duped by something without their knowing (use common sense) than the violent speech.

Thank god for the audio evangelists that are saving our poor souls  xD

3 minutes ago, muon* said:

Fark, people are more worried they will be duped by something without their knowing (use common sense) than the violent speech.

Thank god for the audio evangelists that are saving our poor souls  xD

So I guess you're not worried either about the initial nastiness, or the continuing attacks and button pusing by Mr Denney, only the responses on the forum? Remember the violent speech started in response to the personal attack and continued after the daughter's picture was abused. Denney is now trying to make this about the company's products and my first reply here shows I was prepared to fall into that trap as well.

This is in essence about a businessman low enough to attack another for trying to save his company when he fell ill with covid. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Eggcup the Dafter said:

So I guess you're not worried either about the initial nastiness, or the continuing attacks and button pusing by Mr Denney, only the responses on the forum? Remember the violent speech started in response to the personal attack and continued after the daughter's picture was abused. Denney is now trying to make this about the company's products and my first reply here shows I was prepared to fall into that trap as well.

This is in essence about a businessman low enough to attack another for trying to save his company when he fell ill with covid. 

I have little time for either of them.

But banging on about calling out SR, that's so friggin old now.

8 minutes ago, muon* said:

I have little time for either of them.

But banging on about calling out SR, that's so friggin old now.

Invoking Godwin's Law, I guess, but banging on about calling out Nazis is older, and that doesn't make it wrong to.

I'm not implying that SR are in the same category as you-know-who.

Edited by Eggcup the Dafter
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Eggcup the Dafter said:

Invoking Godwin's Law, I guess, but banging on about calling out Nazis is older, and that doesn't make it wrong to.

What a silly and offensive analogy.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, muon* said:

I wish all those guys in the vid were wearing face masks and not just a couple of them.

Covid-19? Meh, pseudo science and fake news... Or maybe they have a SR antiviral implant???

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, rantan said:

Really?

:no:

I'm saying that's what they must think, as the reason for not wearing masks... Sorry, it was a joke, not very well executed.

Edit: Actually, the bit you didn't quote would have made that clear. Or so I thought.

Edited by bob_m_54
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, bob_m_54 said:

I'm saying that's what they must think, as the reason for not wearing masks... Sorry, it was a joke, not very well executed

Thanks mate. I appreciate the clarification:thumb:

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, bob_m_54 said:

Edit: Actually, the bit you didn't quote would have made that clear. Or so I thought.

Yes indeed. I am not sure why I didn't include that and take more note of it.

I might be getting older.:lol:

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, deepthought said:

Let's all take a deep breath now....

Um. I was actually offended, myself, that someone could deny a moral point on the grounds that it's "old". 

I'm pretty sure we aren't Audioholics here and we aren't going to turn this into any kind of long running feud. And I'm pushing the report button on my post to alert the mods for any action that may be necessary.

I've had a Synergistic research Basik platform previously, and the Black fuse in a powerboard.

Both very good improvements, noticeable differences.

I'm disappointed there products are not getting much love from the distributor locally.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, deepthought said:

I read about this feud during the first COVID-19 lockdowns.

Not a good look for either parties.

Thats why there will never be world peace

4 hours ago, Eggcup the Dafter said:

If you check back, the first salvo was an attack by Ted Denney of Synergistic on Gene DellaSala of Audioholics, for fundraising to keep his company going when he got covid. 

Audioholics being a forum, there will almost certainly have been chatter about Synergistic and other companies run by Denney on that forum. Synergistic Research is one of the most controversial companies in the industry, so some of the comment would have been negative, as it has been here. It doesn't justify that sort of personal attack.

Using a picture of your opponent's daughter in your attacks isn't exactly nice either.

Again, Audioholics being a forum, the resulting pushback and the nastiness the other way was inevitable. The correct response would have been to issue a short, pointed reply and to stop responses and quickly close any thread that started to get nasty. - as happened here in response to some wrong-headed comments made about StereoNet recently.

I don't think either camp has come out of this well.

Gene DellaSala has a big old running mouth that just can't be fixed and has lost sponsors from his site as a result 

Saying Genes part of the problem is an understatement 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, crankit said:

Gene DellaSala has a big old running mouth that just can't be fixed and has lost sponsors from his site as a result.

Saying Genes part of the problem is an understatement 

He may well have said things and lost sponsors. He's gone in hard on some products, I can see that. I can understand sponsors leaving. I could understand a manufacturer being upset and calling him out on that.

And of course these things pretty much never happen in a vacuum.

But...

I can't see anything that deserved the personal attack while he was ill.

I certainly can't see anything that deserved the misuse of the picture of his daughter.

Those two things are the problem here, not criticisms of audio companies or products.

If you know different feel free to tell us... If you've got something really controversial perhaps PM @Marc first

3 minutes ago, Eggcup the Dafter said:

He may well have said things and lost sponsors. He's gone in hard on some products, I can see that. I can understand sponsors leaving. I could understand a manufacturer being upset and calling him out on that.

And of course these things pretty much never happen in a vacuum.

But...

I can't see anything that deserved the personal attack while he was ill.

I certainly can't see anything that deserved the misuse of the picture of his daughter.

Those two things are the problem here, not criticisms of audio companies or products.

If you know different feel free to tell us... If you've got something really controversial perhaps PM @Marc first

Serious question. Can anyone provide any proof that he posted a picture of his Daughter? Given that this a pretty serious accusation, I assume there is some evidence of it out there? Or was it was on BIden's laptop?

Edited by deepthought
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, MLXXX said:

Sure... people have been actually punching on about less (let alone just talking about it) for quite a long long time.   This isn't anything new, as much as people might want to cry otherwise.

I refer here both to nonsensical technical explanations and to threats of violence.

They are both as old as sand.

I'm sure these guys will find some way to settle it.

Edited by davewantsmoore

When others on his Facebook page questioned his personal attack against me,  he stated that Audioholics slandered his company back in 2009 and it got "so ugly that the Feds had to shut down the Audioholics website and remove ALL posts related to his company". This of course NEVER happened and after he received a good amount of negative feedback for his callous posts, he took them down along with the Youtube video.

🤣🤣🤡🤣🤡🤣

2 hours ago, deepthought said:

Serious question. Can anyone provide any proof that he posted a picture of his Daughter? Given that this a pretty serious accusation, I assume there is some evidence of it out there? Or was it was on BIden's laptop?

I see no reason not to believe it, but on checking I can’t see such a post in Ted Denney’s public Facebook at the moment - either way, a good sign. 

3 minutes ago, Eggcup the Dafter said:

I see no reason not to believe it, but on checking I can’t see such a post in Ted Denney’s public Facebook at the moment - either way, a good sign. 

Why do you see no reason not to believe it? These guys were taking screen shots of Ted's posts. So where is the screenshot of the picture of his Daughter that Ted is alleged to have posted? 

Edited by deepthought
6 minutes ago, deepthought said:

Why do you see no reason not to believe it? These guys were taking screen shots of Ted's posts. So where is the screenshot of the picture of his Daughter that Ted is alleged to have posted? 

If a picture of your daughter was used as alleged would you repost it?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Eggcup the Dafter said:

If a picture of your daughter was used as alleged would you repost it?

If I thought it was a "smoking gun" then I'd blur her image and cover any reference to her name. As I said, it's most likely on Joe Biden's laptop. The one with all the explosive evidence that Trump was going to use to win the election.

Edited by deepthought
Typo
4 minutes ago, deepthought said:

it's most likely on Joe Biden's laptop

Hunter's laptop, the one he flew to another city for repair by some really dodgy character :lol:

Must be hard up for PC repairers in the USA 😁

Edit: woops! this is getting into dangerous territory, even though it is not really the subject matter.

Edited by muon*
Just now, muon* said:

Hunter's laptop, the one he flew to another city for repair by some really dodgy character :lol:

Must be hard up for PC repairers in the USA 😁

Oh, yes it was Hunter's that's right. Shame it totally vanished like that. I was shocked..... 😏

43 minutes ago, deepthought said:

Gene mentioned deleting of posts.... and I'm pretty sure while skimming the thread that it was others who screen shotted most of the posts (which Gene was thankful for).

We'll not know either way obviously, unless they show it ...... but I mean, what does it matter.   This guy is obviously being a complete tool shed, even if only some of what is claimed is true.   I'm not surprised that some people want to punch him (note).

Note:   Which I'm not necessarily condoning..... I'm just not surprised that someone wants to do it.   (Kinda sad I need to leave this note here).