General IEM & DAP Chat

10 minutes ago, Jovan.s1987 said:

Have been using Dekoni foam tips with my LZ A7 IEM & love them. Much better than Comply tips. 

Still regard Shure Olives top of the tree.

Thanks for the info.  I am just beginning my journey on trying these out.  Now I have some names to look out for.

https://shop.musicteck.com/collections/effect-audio/products/effect-audio-king-arthur-in-ear-headphones?variant=20317668114494

And ... I think I'm well and truly priced out of the IEM market. 

Perhaps we should start a tip bank somewhere to trade/pay it forward tips that we buy that don't fit...

I've been lucky so far with stock tips. Have CP155/500 and Azla Elastic on the way though keen to try the 'Lights' too. Part of the reason I went with full sized before going full circle back to IEM's was the tip rolling variance. And occasional discomfort if I've accidentally scratched my ear.

Hmm. Only been couple hours.

Coming from EE you expect big crazy tuning, but its quite balanced. Nicer timbre on the bass from those dynamic drivers (twin), they aren't super bassy, its quite restrained. Hugely dynamic.

The U12T is an exceptional IEM. You're not getting much more resolution from the Odin, as the U12T has oodles of it anyway. But the highs feel a bit more sparkly than the U12T, without going to the Mest extent.

Like the Mest Mk2, but without the mid-scoop, more detail, less variance in the soundstaging and as good as a DD bass can be. I guess. Female vocals on these are lovely, like they are on the U12T, where as on the Mest they felt a bit too recessed (depending on singer).

Will need more time to properly articulate it all I think, been wearing them working mostly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Dr_Kevy said:

https://shop.musicteck.com/collections/effect-audio/products/effect-audio-king-arthur-in-ear-headphones?variant=20317668114494

And ... I think I'm well and truly priced out of the IEM market. 

Perhaps we should start a tip bank somewhere to trade/pay it forward tips that we buy that don't fit...

I've been lucky so far with stock tips. Have CP155/500 and Azla Elastic on the way though keen to try the 'Lights' too. Part of the reason I went with full sized before going full circle back to IEM's was the tip rolling variance. And occasional discomfort if I've accidentally scratched my ear.

Funny that those used to be pointed out as crazy pricy and no one gave much attention back in 2019. Now that the market is reaching that price, it is back on the spot. Scary…

6 hours ago, Bengineer said:

20210511_101245.thumb.jpg.e55aa3c651078f05cffdc5eb7f6e603a.jpg 

20210511_101445.jpg

20210511_101300.jpg

20210511_101330.jpg

Nice!! The only IEM my miss liked was the Valkyries look when I had it. This 3D rainbow effect is actually really  beautiful.

I haven't personally. I've read a lot about them. The 65 lineup is odd, the U12T and 18T/S, despite the price differences, sit almost at the same level. To the point 64 support recommended me the 12 even though I said I could buy the 18. Speaks highly of the 12T, and rightfully so.

I'm a sucker for the DD bass though, and the Odin probably has that locked. Dual DD bass. 

5 hours ago, PassionForSound said:

And the sound??

Also, who's excited for the new IE900? I believe I will have a review unit here soon

Will that be a tour one? :P

1 hour ago, Bengineer said:

I haven't personally. I've read a lot about them. The 65 lineup is odd, the U12T and 18T/S, despite the price differences, sit almost at the same level. To the point 64 support recommended me the 12 even though I said I could buy the 18. Speaks highly of the 12T, and rightfully so.

I'm a sucker for the DD bass though, and the Odin probably has that locked. Dual DD bass. 

I think they guide to the 12t as safer choice. Like some people say that 18 is not as a big improvement as the price increase, so the frustration can be bigger going that path.

As you know12t bass is great, but is not DD. Nio/N8 would be their closest to that area. I also think Nio/N8 is more versatile, can go from a balanced IEM to a crazy bass heavy, just changing the APEX modules. 

12 hours ago, PassionForSound said:

Would love to do tours, but it's very difficult with a global audience because cost and shipping times become prohibitive :(

All good mate. It was just a shot in the dark. :)

Didn’t know your channel, but just starting to catch up on your reviews. Good ones. Well done and keep the hard work. 👌🏾

12 hours ago, PassionForSound said:

Would love to do tours, but it's very difficult with a global audience because cost and shipping times become prohibitive :(

Pretty sure he wants to get his hands on my Odin's so was going to send me the IE900 first

• Haha 1