TIDAL Discussion Thread

• Volunteer
2 hours ago, Willmax said:

I've just got the same email. The problem is I've cancelled my subscription last week, though I still have until mid next month to use it. And does that mean they're upgrading my subscription from Premium to Hi-Fi membership?

I'm in exactly the same position. I cancelled recently and was rather surprised they sent me this. I've emailed them asking about it but I expect no reply 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

I'm in exactly the same position. I cancelled recently and was rather surprised they sent me this. I've emailed them asking about it but I expect no reply 

it will be interesting if you get a reply, maybe the robot again!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My guess is that they renamed the non basic subscription from $17.99 to $23.99 a month. The basic subscription was the same as Spotify.

If you add Roon for $17 a month that’s about $41 a month, $492 a year. Good thing you can VPN Tidal for about $10 still. Makes it cheaper than Spotify. 

Anyone else having problems with Tidal dropping out this afternoon?  My download speed is currently somewhere around 220mbps- so it's probably not NBN for a change.

Edited by MusicForever

Mine's running through a Chromecast ultra- so no buffer adjustment.  But Netflix runs perfectly.   Tidal is dropping out inconsistently.  It might run okay for 3-4 tracks then only 1.  Last time it did this,  it would only run for a minute, then buffer.   I'm in metro Brissie.  

Just curious if anyone else has ever noticed their Tidal streaming quality reset itself from 'HiFi'  down to 'High'.

It only happened once,  I am certain I didnt change it myself but I suppose anything is possible.

Hi 

Anyone using Tidal connect to connect to Volumio through a Raspberry Pi, 

Im having an issue where it will play some master tracks but not others, for example

on there new list in tidal would not play latest 21 pilots track but played the next one billie ellish

thoughts 

Back to "normal" on Tuesday.   No buffering.   In inverted quotes because of the way that it likes to spontaneously log me out every-so-often and can't play an album without track breaks through Chromecast.    

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at The Fleetwood Mac catalogue on Tidal, 20 out of 24 albums have all been converted to MASTER i.e. MQA sadly, the most popular album/tracks, pretty much everything. 

Led Zeppelin - 100%

Luckily none of the albums from Pink Floyd it seems.

Edited by Willmax
  • Like 1

The amount of albums ive had of late that id saved as favourites then a few months later gone back to listen to, to find them no longer available is driving me crazy.

Ive had tidal for years, top tier, and keep thinking they’ll expand their missing artists not actually loose them.

this isnt just ‘new release/exclusive’ albums, ive had Dope Lemon’s first album, captain beefhearts trout mask replica and at one point Alt-J’s second album in my favs, to find them gone now.

Makes it hard to justify the tidal v spotify/other argument. Those albums arnt overly extreme/rare. Same as courtney barnett, she has some songs but no full discography.

• Like 1

• Volunteer
1 minute ago, Willmax said:

I was looking at The Fleetwood Mac catalogue on Tidal, 20 out of 24 albums have all been converted to MASTER i.e. MQA sadly, the most popular album/tracks, pretty much everything. 

Yep. Tidal and mqa passion fingers.

D1ckheads.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Andrews_melb said:

The amount of albums ive had of late that id saved as favourites then a few months later gone back to listen to, to find them no longer available is driving me crazy.

Ive had tidal for years, top tier, and keep thinking they’ll expand their missing artists not actually loose them.

Perhaps that’s the issue and Tidal, as you say, just aren’t able to hold onto those artists.

My Tidal subscription expired today actually and I have no regrets having gone over to Qobuz.👍

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 4

@cheekyboy keith i think you’re right, seen a lot of Qobuz talk on here of late. Going to sus it out.

only thing keeping me on Tidal now is that i pay around $6p/m from a deal with third man records vault sub. Just annoys me that they say they pay artists top $ per stream or whatever yet fail to get some mainstream artists on their platform.

I know this is a bit of a rant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrews_melb said:

@cheekyboy keith i think you’re right, seen a lot of Qobuz talk on here of late. Going to sus it out.

only thing keeping me on Tidal now is that i pay around $6p/m from a deal with third man records vault sub. Just annoys me that they say they pay artists top $ per stream or whatever yet fail to get some mainstream artists on their platform.

I know this is a bit of a rant.

I think you will find that Qobuz pay approximately  four times per stream  to artists than Tidal. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chris.chapterten said:

Just got this offer after quitting tidal earlier this month..

98F70444-6E40-4C7F-9FCF-F7F8245E35DA.jpeg

I have received the same offer today after deactivating the TIDAL last month.

• Like 1