FS: Kemp QA Plug

Item Condition: Great
Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Northside Brisbane
State: QLD
Payment Method: Paypal as a friend
Reason for selling: too many tweaks!

Further information:

The QA plug is made by Kemp Electronics who are based in the Netherlands. This is another parallel device that works on "Quantum" effects to make changes to the sound of your system. Before the alarm bells go off, please note that this device was blind tested independently by 2 other people in addition to myself (I did a single blind test, not sure if the others did proper DBT). The effects are very noticeable and repeatable.

Unlike some other filtering devices this unit adds a hint of warmth to proceedings and accentuated harmonics. I found it best in an adjacent power point closest to my power amp or preamp. You can experiment with placement though. In series on a power board or in parallel on a double GPO are some alternatives.

It has a dial that allows you to adjust the effect from negligible to quite strong. I never got above 2/3rds in my setup as it started to get too warm and rich.  I would suggest this is a great tweak to a system that is struggling with a lack of warmth or engagement and which sounds a bit spartan. It does plump up bass a little bit in my system.  

I have a few other black plug in tweaking devices in my setup and I need to sell some as I'm running out of power outlets!

It's a Euro plug (Shuko) so runs on 240V -I will include a Universal converter.

http://www.kempelektroniks.nl/en/223/kemp-elektroniks/products/shunt-conditioners/qa-plug

https://recordclean.com.au/kemp-elektroniks-qa-plug.html

Photos:

20210427_112348.thumb.jpg.d1bc854b2d8ba0e1a7db84d247419f8d.jpg

20210427_112332.thumb.jpg.e032ce2ff46bbebabd7347882ca4da19.jpg

20210427_112405.thumb.jpg.73d21a2c86c63db5856a8bc99e64bf14.jpg

Edited by deepthought