WTB: Floor standing loudspeakers - up to $1000 - Sydney

Item: Floor standing loudspeakers
Price Range: Up to $1000 (must be pants-shittingly good for this price haha)
Item Condition: Used
Extra Info: I'm new to home hi-fi and I'm still not sure what types of speakers I like yet, so this means I'm open to options / brands!

These will get more use from music than movies - particularly metal & rock, yet I had some Marvin Gaye on over the weekend. 

I just purchased a Yamaha RX-V6A, because I would like to add Atmos / home theatre sooner or later (and the idea of having MusicCast speakers in my son's room is cool), so if your floorstanders have support for this - it's a benefit - but again, this is secondary to being excellent for music. 

While I will likely add a subwoofer soon, if these can move some bass, that is also a benefit.

The room is a large open-plan living room / dining room and kitchen space - roughly 7 x 7 meters.

Also, they need to look great with the dust covers off! Those Klipsch copper cones look amazing! 

Lastly, I would consider great sounding cheaper options too. I don't HAVE to spend the grand.  ?

Edited by Dr.Azz

Thank you for that! They didn't show up in my search for some reason?

I will have a look :)

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mrpseudonym
      Item Condition: Perfect 10/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Waverton (north sydney) State: NSW Payment Method: EFT, paypal +3%, cash .. etc Reason for selling: NLR Further information: ProAc Tablette 10 signature version, an upgrade to the regular Tablette 10. RRP $4200 (rosewood finish is a $400 option). These are closed constructed cabinets so can be placed close to a wall. Hardly used, less than a year old. Original purchase receipt will be provided for warranty purposes.

Great synergy with NAIM amps for those of you out there with supernait, Atom or Nova in particular https://community.naimaudio.com/t/show-us-your-tablette-10

Lots of great reviews .. google is your friend!

Photos:

• By Dan_L
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Castle Hill State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Too many speakers Further information:
      Used but in excellent working and looking conditions, only one minor imperfection on one box upper right hand corner(see photo)
      Reviews and User Manual can be found online.
      Will come with original packaging and I am the first user.
      Pick up preferred but can be posted with extra fees(to be checked with Aus Post)

Specification:
      Description                         2 way stand/bookshelf loudspeaker
      Enclosure type                   Spendor 2D linear flow reflex
      Drive unit HF                      27mm coated fabric dome, damped vented enclosure
      Drive unit LF/MF                140mm ep38 polymer cone
      Frequency response         60Hz - 20kHz ±3dB on reference axis
      Frequency range               -6dB at 48Hz
      Dispersion                           Within 3dB of response on reference axis
                                                     Horizontal over 40o arc ± 20o
                                                     Vertical over 20o arc ± 10o
      Sensitivity for 1W @ 1m    86dB
      Impedance nominal          8 ohms
      Impedance minimum       6.8 ohms
      Crossover frequencies      4.8kHz
      Power handling                  15-125 watts into 8 ohms unclipped
      Harmonic distortion          < 1% 100Hz-20kHz 90dB @ 1m
      Connections                       2/3 way gold-plated bi -wirable terminals
      Magnetic shielding           All drive units shielded
      Dimensions H x W x D     340 x 165 x 260mm (13.4 x 6.5 x 10.2 in)
      Spikes/feet/stand height 500-600mm (20-24in) stand not supplied
      Net weight                          8.5kg (18.7 lb)
      Shipping weight                17.9kg pair (39.5 lb)
      Cabinet real wood finishes Cherry, Maple, Rosenut, Black ash
      Designed and Manufactured in the UK

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

• By Mrpseudonym
      Item Condition: Perfect 10/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Waverton (north sydney) State: NSW Payment Method: EFT, paypal +3%, cash .. etc Reason for selling: Raising funds for new DAC Further information: ProAc Tablette 10 signature version, an upgrade to the regular Tablette 10. RRP $4200 (rosewood finish is a $400 option). These are closed constructed cabinets so can be placed close to a wall. Hardly used, less than a year old. Original purchase receipt will be provided for warranty purposes.

Lots of great reviews 
      https://darko.audio/2018/03/working-a-tight-corner-the-proac-tablette-10-signature/
      https://alpha-audio.net/review/review-proac-tablette-10-signature/

And whole threads on the NAIM forum
      https://community.naimaudio.com/t/show-us-your-tablette-10

Photos:

• By Dan_L
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Castle Hill State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Piclup Reason for selling: Too many speakers Further information:
      - All Original
      - Very Good Looking and Working Conditions (Refer To Photos and YouTube Link below)
      - A Few Minor Scratches On Both Boxes, Grille Cloth Has Few Minor Damages, In Lower Right Corner On Both Speakers(Last Two Photos)
      - No Original Packaging 
      - Pick Up Preferred (postage fee and handing fee are extra, to be checked with Aus Post)
      >YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE9XmWRz0H8

For Spec. Please Google.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

• By gunxsword
      Item: Sennheiser HD 800 (non-S)
      Price Range: $800 +/- depending on condition
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info: Looking to buy a HD 800. Paying $800 for headphone and cable in average condition. $1000 for one with all accessories in pristine condition. Paying extra for any included accessories especially aftermarket balanced cable.

I'm located in Sydney NSW. Prefer to buy locally but will consider paying for postage as well.

Thank you for reading and have a lovely new year!
      Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).