Top Gear - interesting, home grown or extreme.

9 minutes ago, calypso said:

What amps do you think they were using in 1957? I used a Leak stereo 20 to great effect on my former 57's. It was a magic combination. I can understand where you're coming from though because on paper you wouldn't think it would work.

Sure, C - but back in the day, that was the kind of power you had available.  No AR 250SEs or VTL 250w.  Imagine how much better the 57s would've sounded, powered by one of these amps!  :)

Andy

18 minutes ago, andyr said:

How much power was that, Anthony?

With low power - tube or ss - yes, Maggies will make some sound (at low volumes) ... but they won't sound more than 'OK'.

Andy

Not enough!!

24 blistering watts. Actually sounded very pleasant for simple fare at low to moderate volumes but more complex stuff wasn't convincing

2 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Actually sounded very pleasant for simple fare at low to moderate volumes but more complex stuff wasn't convincing.

I can well believe that, G.  Diana Krall - yes ... Beethoven's 9th - not by a long shot!  :lol:

They need something like AR 250SEs, perhaps!

Andy

Guest niterida
4 hours ago, mwhouston said:

Expensive but not outrageous. 

038C0822-4F3D-4060-8BBB-A46603359F4D.jpeg

3 hours ago, andyr said:

But with looks only a mother could love!  :lol:

Andy

I think they are gorgeous !!

Guest niterida
9 hours ago, mwhouston said:

Expensive but not outrageous. 

038C0822-4F3D-4060-8BBB-A46603359F4D.jpeg

They must be good - Wilson Fisk has some :

20210429_205052.jpg

Daredevil S1 E8 1min 45sec

How amazing is that - I have never seen these speakers before and literally just sat down to watch E8 and I saw the little floor speaker by the window and thought I would rewind to see what kind of music system he had and only then noticed the speaker behind him - is the universe trying to tell me something ??

Edited by niterida

4 hours ago, doogie44 said:

Would love to hear these Vox Olympians--right after my Lotto win...

vox.jpg

Looks like  they have the matching subbies too. The only speakers i would buy. I think the full setup of the speakers not in any special finish is $1.2M. 

• Like 1

On 29/04/2021 at 1:47 PM, andyr said:

But with looks only a mother could love!  :lol:

Andy

I don’t know, looks better than something that looks like a cheap closet sliding door.....

3D8EC4B2-AD04-4D37-92E9-D2F7F507596B.jpeg

To Top