Top Gear - interesting, home grown or extreme.

Guest niterida
2 hours ago, mwhouston said:

Golly! 

171D841B-E4D4-4011-B9C2-9D9AB14C5C2D.jpeg

Are they on pivoting stands ? Why don't more speakers come out with that so you can get toe in dialled spot on !!

On 24/04/2021 at 12:56 PM, mwhouston said:

Actually, from all that I have heard, and I have a pair myself, active speakers are superior to passives. The only reason they have not been commercially successful is the retail industry, which lives off punters swapping and changing gear, endlessly searching for improvement.

A well designed and implemented active speaker is endgame product. 

2 hours ago, Gandra said:

Actually, from all that I have heard, and I have a pair myself, active speakers are superior to passives. The only reason they have not been commercially successful is the retail industry, which lives off punters swapping and changing gear, endlessly searching for improvement.

You seem to be ignoring the option of a DIYer making their normally-passive spkrs, active, G.  :o

I've run my 3-way Maggies active for about 20 years; that is not to say that during this time, I haven't been able to improve them by changing amplifiers.  :)

Andy

2 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Andy

Goebel Divin Majestic speakers.  Heard them in HK.  Pretty awesome sounding. 

Thanks, Shane.  :thumb:  I don't dare to look them up, to find out what they cost.  :lol:

Andy

1 hour ago, andyr said:

You seem to be ignoring the option of a DIYer making their normally-passive spkrs, active, G.  :o

I've run my 3-way Maggies active for about 20 years; that is not to say that during this time, I haven't been able to improve them by changing amplifiers.  :)

Andy

Hey Andy, you just seemed to have proved my point

Mmmm, this is what you said first, Gandra:

4 hours ago, Gandra said:

And this is what I replied:

2 hours ago, andyr said:

Andy

So I'm afraid I don't understand this subsequent comment:

46 minutes ago, Gandra said:

Hey Andy, you just seemed to have proved my point

I have active spkrs - but they are not an end-point ... as I can improve them by changing amps.

AIUI, you can't change the amps in a Kii or a Genelec?

Andy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, andyr said:

Thanks, Shane.  :thumb:  I don't dare to look them up, to find out what they cost.  :lol:

Andy

€449,000/pair

2 hours ago, GregWormald said:

I'm afraid that if the cat knocked them over, they'd squash ME!:lol:

Weight: 530 kg each loudspeaker

http://goebel-highend.de/products/divin-majestic.html

Edited by aasza
  • Like 1