Item Condition: Near Mint
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Altona
State: VIC
Payment Method: Paypal
Reason for selling: Cash

Further information:

Radiohead

'The Bends'

Very rare original UK LP.

This is a genuine UK second run of the 1st pressing, that is, it has the pixelated 0% in the corner of the picture sleeve.

The matrices are stamped PCS 7372 A-01-01-1 etched SHE'S OUT WITH HER ANSWERPHONE stamped D & stamped PCS 7372 B-01-01-1 etched ( NICE DREAM ) stamped D

released on Parlophone Records PCS 7372.

The condition of the record is Near Mint. (I haven't played it for about 20 years and it has been sitting on the shelf).

The outer picture sleeve is near mint (could be mistaken for new). 

The inner picture sleeve is excellent and is showing slight browning of the white side of the picture sleeve due to age.

The labels are clean with a couple of very light spindle marks.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

5295A4DD-771E-4919-B35B-252DADFB1AAE.jpeg

C859D0A3-F41C-4B20-B253-97BF15228F15.jpeg

Edited by deviltoob
  • Like 3

Great record.

When they played Australia in 1994 to almost empty audiences, they played a fair chunk of this record before it came out.  Such an evolutionary leap from Pablo to this album.

I wish they still wrote great song based records like this.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, BugPowderDust said:

Great record.

When they played Australia in 1994 to almost empty audiences, they played a fair chunk of this record before it came out.  Such an evolutionary leap from Pablo to this album.

I wish they still wrote great song based records like this.

Yeah, the leap to the next record is just as big I reckon. Listening to the unreleased songs on the the OK Computer reissue I realised Yorke completely changed his singing style. Didn’t notice it at the time but I think his earlier style is much more impressive. The drawling style he developed is not my thing.

Edited by deviltoob
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, metal beat said:

WOW, GLWS - superb album.   I wonder what my absolute 1st UK pressing is worth 

To be honest, I can't make sense of the prices for these. The variation is ridiculous. I can see a few have sold for up to $600 (and that wasn't even the one with the 0%) but maybe they're the outliers. Just gonna reduce the price to make it more sensible as I don't really know.

Edited by deviltoob

Another WOW! 
I had not realised it had become so expensive. Just did a quick search for my autographed promo copy!!
GLWS!!! Quite a bargain for someone!

• Like 2

I think this is your pressing

https://www.discogs.com/Radiohead-The-Bends/release/5662088

Early pressings have red pound sign on left of label between Trade & Mark. Also this has two concentric indented circles on labels instead of just one small inner circle.

The only thing that doesn’t match is your matrix number.

Maybe you have a unique pressing that has not been listed yet or maybe I just can’t find it.

Have a look on Discogs and tell me what you think.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Bluenote122 said:

I think this is your pressing

https://www.discogs.com/Radiohead-The-Bends/release/5662088

Early pressings have red pound sign on left of label between Trade & Mark. Also this has two concentric indented circles on labels instead of just one small inner circle.

The only thing that doesn’t match is your matrix number.

Maybe you have a unique pressing that has not been listed yet or maybe I just can’t find it.

Have a look on Discogs and tell me what you think.

That’s interesting. I’ll need to check it again. So there were three pressings in 1995?

Actually reading the comments is  quite interesting too: 

I believe it's the label groove (that border that goes between the R and the P in "33 1/3 RPM" on the label) that distinguishes the repress. That groove is NOT present on the original 1st and 2nd pressing from 1995. The £ is also a tell, only 1995 will have it (the image on the second pressing release that shows a label without £ must be from a 2007/2008 repress)

So I need to check the matrix numbers again.

Another comment says this, the one you linked, is a better sounding pressing? Wth? I’d imagine they’d all be similar.

Edited by deviltoob