SOLD: FS: 50" Pioneer Kuro panel PDP-C509A

SOLD
Item Condition: Very good
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Preston
State: VIC
Payment Method: Cash on pickup
Reason for selling: Upgraded

Extra Info: I bought this from a hifi shop about five years ago. It was my main FTA TV viewing TV and it's been great. But I have bought a new OLED for the hifi room, which means the current 65" plasma will move on to the family room - so time to move this one on to a new home

It's been a brilliant panel and I love it lots. It's pretty chunky and of course no packaging. It's been wall mounted so no stand.

I was going to sell it earlier in the year but COVID meant we couldn't do a two person move into a car from the house. So it's back up for sale again.

Photos:

20200212_182952.jpg.e60bc51f3d1cc581661cc10218bc96bb.jpg

20200212_182605.jpg.3fb6d08391fffc994138d870fd5d4566.jpg

3 hours ago, anewmission said:

Do you have the stand/side speakers? 

Nope. As pictured, and described by the phrase 'no stand'. Still has the wall mounts on the back of the panel.

Edited by Mr_Gimlet

17 hours ago, anewmission said:

Do you have the stand/side speakers? 

Hey mate,

You can use these table top stands to fit them, but they won't be able to fit the side speakers (not appliable in this case) as it would be too much weight for the stands. 

https://www.selby.com.au/brands/raxx/37-70-tv-tabletop-stand-tvs33b.html

I bought them to fit my LX509A and they fit and do the job perfectly, as a friendly member sold it to be without the stands.

Can take a photo for you if you want. 

I personally have the side speakers, but finding them useless as I would never want to use them anyway - who uses TV speakers these days.

14 hours ago, anewmission said:

Great for the time. But 12 years later very hard to find a stand. The picture needs re gassing after about 10 years

The PQ on mine is still very very very awesome and does not require regassing, so this is still a great buy for anyone looking.

Good luck with sale OP

12 minutes ago, Wilco said:

The PQ on mine is still very very very awesome and does not require regassing, so this is still a great buy for anyone looking.

Mine is too (although I would say that). It still holds its own against my newer Panasonic plasma; I would keep it if I had space.

Hi,

I'm interested in the TV, if still available.

Just have to work out how to get it from Preston to Chelsea standing up.

Jeff.

Edited by Jeffwbrown

3 minutes ago, Jeffwbrown said:

Yes, still available. I moved an older heavier plasma when I moved house (Fujitsu 720p!) and I just used lots of towels and cardboard. The solid build of the Kuro means it is extremely unlikely to flex (my Pana is very flimsy by comparison, and my OLED like cardboard).

7 hours ago, Jeffwbrown said:

Jeff.

Hey Jeff,

I risked it and transported mine LX509A panel down with 2 layers of large cushioned rug mats.

You will be fine, it will not break, it is heavy as balls and like battleships of the WW2 days.

I went from Essendon > Doncaster > Wantirna South no worries.

It works perfectly.

I did not have some Bentley SUV with super dooper soft suspension.

I moved one from Altona to Mornington Peninsula in the back of a hatch. Bottom layer, double thickness doona, screen up, cushions around the side, sheet over the top. I let it sit upright for a few hours before turning on - don’t know why; just did. Works fine.

Billy

Definitely want to take this Pioneer masterpiece.

I will be using our Subaru Outback to collect it.

I actually have this same TV, however it has developed some vertical lines on the screen that are driving me batty.

When is a good time/day to exchange some cash for said tv?

Jeff  

6 hours ago, Mr_Gimlet said:

How do you get them 'regassed'? I thought this was a salesperson myth back in 2011?

it is a myth yes, from about 10 years ago, there is absolutely no need to be regassing etc. no one buying this set has to worry about re-gassing or anything ! 

below is a thread from avforums to serve as a public service announcement and come up for folks google searching the topic.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/re-gassing-plasmas-and-plasma-lifespan-information.1149423/

Just to clarify this as I know for a fact that salespeople are telling customers that plasmas need 're-gassing' and they only have a limited life span...
This is a complete myth. Plasmas do not ever need 're-gassing' and have as long a life span as any other modern TV. It's just not something you need to worry about.

Where has this myth come from? Probably from elements of the AV industry who want to promote/push alternative technologies.

Hope this helps. Anyone who tells you that plasmas need re-gassing, tell them that it's nonsense, and you know that for a fact. End of. Game over. Goodnight, Vienna.  

The title of this thread is designed to bring lots of people to this thread via Google so we can correct any mis-information they may have been fed."

20 hours ago, betty boop said:

it is a myth yes, from about 10 years ago, there is absolutely no need to be regassing etc. no one buying this set has to worry about re-gassing or anything ! 

below is a thread from avforums to serve as a public service announcement and come up for folks google searching the topic.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/re-gassing-plasmas-and-plasma-lifespan-information.1149423/

Just to clarify this as I know for a fact that salespeople are telling customers that plasmas need 're-gassing' and they only have a limited life span...
This is a complete myth. Plasmas do not ever need 're-gassing' and have as long a life span as any other modern TV. It's just not something you need to worry about.

Where has this myth come from? Probably from elements of the AV industry who want to promote/push alternative technologies.

Hope this helps. Anyone who tells you that plasmas need re-gassing, tell them that it's nonsense, and you know that for a fact. End of. Game over. Goodnight, Vienna.  

The title of this thread is designed to bring lots of people to this thread via Google so we can correct any mis-information they may have been fed."

Gold. Just wondering what technology is actually being used lol.

• Like 1