Limited edition equipment inherited

Hi All,

im in the same boat as another user.. I’ve inherited a number of stereo items from my dad including limited edition stuff but need to post a few times before selling..

im new to all this so not clear on what is actually needed before I’m allowed to sell.. Can someone please help

This is a list of items my father has. 

AR floor stand speakers

Marantz Model 1060                                   

Realistic EQ                                                    

Commemorative edition McIntosh MC275                                          

Micrex Hybrid Tube power Amp                 

ME25 Pre-amp                                              

Eurovox EU1 AM/FM tuner                         

Eurovox EX pre-amp                                     

Yamaha CD1010 CD player                          

Audio Note M1 pre-amp                              

Eurovox EXP1050                                          

ME750 Power Amp                                      

Axis LS28 Speakers

Apologies if I have done something wrong

thanks

Karen 

Edited by Kazchan
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Hi Karen

why don't you put down the list of equipment on this thread. Maybe even some photos   It will give an opportunity for others to have a look and comment.

your thread count will be up and running in no time and you then will be able to post for sale.

Might be 6 to 10 posts at a guess, Karen.

I'm not really sure.

Won't take too long to get there either way :)

Just avoid it being or even looking like a sale thread.

I'm not sure how to do that :/

Edit: going to have to get advice on the gear from some of us lot anyway before you make a sale thread in the classifieds, I guess :)

Edited by muon*

"Advice on replacement value for insurance purposes requested. These have sentimental value and if the house was to burn down, what would I be looking at spending to replace them with the same models please? I know this isn't the same as getting a professional valuation but it'll answer my uncertainties about what's worthwhile, or not, as the case may be".

Would that work?

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Karen. Hope you'll be able to get good price for your inheritance. Don't worry about the others, many in here are helpful too. It's also a free forum so you could use the forum however you see suit your purpose. Best of luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kazchan said:

Didn’t think I was allowed to do that but if I am happy to post a list 

thanks 

Not here Karen: in the Classifieds section thanks.  ?

Edited by candyflip
12 hours ago, Kazchan said:

Hi All,

im in the same boat as another user.. I’ve inherited a number of stereo items from my dad including limited edition stuff but need to post a few times before selling..

im new to all this so not clear on what is actually needed before I’m allowed to sell.. Can someone please help

thanks

Karen 

Post a list, it would be nice if you also had photos, asking the question "Should I keep it, dump it or sell it?"

Another thing that might be worthwhile to answer, would be what sort of music do you listen to...and on what do you listen to it? And, have you tried listing to the equipment, does it sound good to you?

Look, the worst thing that could happen is that you get the boot or a stern warning from the moderators. But people in your situation sometimes have no idea what something is worth. And people in our situation will sometimes want to help (or lust after the items - depends on what they are).

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, BugPowderDust said:

Karen, take a look at Hifishark to get an idea on values etc.

https://www.hifishark.com

the only caveat is that prices in Hifishark do not necessarily align with the second hand HiFi market here in Australia, for that have a look if you can find the same gear listed previously on StereoNet Classifieds section as this will give you a better indication of the local market.

Just now, Willmax said:

the only caveat is that prices in Hifishark do not necessarily align with the second hand HiFi market here in Australia, for that have a look if you can find the same gear listed previously on StereoNet Classifieds section as this will give you a better indication of the local market.

If you look at historical / expired Australian sales, everything that's been here on SNA is then included alongside anything on Gumtree and Ebay. 

• Like 1

Once I get the number of posts I need, have people found it better to sell in the classifieds here or eBay or gumtree or any other sites??

14 minutes ago, Kazchan said:

Once I get the number of posts I need, have people found it better to sell in the classifieds here or eBay or gumtree or any other sites??

You didn't specifically say it - but sorry to hear about your dad.

Now, on Ebay, you're up for 11% or 13.5% (depending on whether you use Paylap or not). On Gumtree, you don't have those problems - but you still need to work out how to deal with people you don't know (either sending via post or having them pickup).

Here, many of the people who lurk in the classifieds (I'm a lurker!) are pretty good, honest, decent, upstanding citizens. But you should expect to donate some of your payment to the site for up keep. And no, I don't know what the standard is - somewhere between 1% and $50???

I had a closer look at your list, and there's some pretty nice stuff in there. Are you sure you won't be wanting to use any of them for yourself? Any of the pre-amp/power-amp combinations could be glorious if you wanted them for yourself. And are you sure there wasn't a turntable lying around amongst all the equipment?

Good luck, whichever way you decide to play it. Let us know where you post them to sell - so we can check 'em out!