Hi everyone,

Looking around for some new speakers to go with my NAD C326BEE. I was going to buy some Q Acoustics 3050i but have found a set of the Richter Wizard V at an attractive price.

Anyone seen or heard a pair of these?

They are quite a drive away so was after some feedback first.

I prefer warm sounding. Not a fan of overly bright speakers.

Cheers,

Pete

Hi, Some 20-odd years ago I bought a pair of Richter Merlin bookshelf speakers.. Still gottem and still lovem ..I purchased a Rotel 930 amp to go with them. Ironically that amp started to give me trouble a few weeks back and I just bought a NAD 326. 

Short answer.. Richter seem to have  a good reputation  throughout. As for brightness of that particular model I can't say but as far as Richter and their construction, longevity and "listenableness"... go for it.

Hope that helps, Dan

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

Thanks Dan, much appreciated. It will be a five hour round trip to have a look at them. Funnily enough the amp they have is the exact same model as mine (NAD C326BEE) so that should give me a pretty good idea how they'll sound.

Edited by Petew
Autocorrect....
  • 2 weeks later...

Ended up getting some ex demo Orpheus Apollo speakers today. They sound absolutely fantastic!

• Like 1

I listened to Orphs and Richters in the same shop. 5 Secs on the Richters, half hr on the Orphs :) I own both brands but thats how I felt in the 90s anyway. Enjoy!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Powerslave said:

I listened to Orphs and Richters in the same shop. 5 Secs on the Richters, half hr on the Orphs :) I own both brands but thats how I felt in the 90s anyway. Enjoy!

My heart was set on the Q Acoustics 3050i. Then I heard these for the first time today on my crappy NAD amp and an ancient cd player. No fancy cables, no listening room (in a warehouse) and I was in love. I have been listening to music non stop since I got home😁.

• Like 1

always good when you are  really happy with your purchase  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Ruffter said:

Do you know if they have the "upgraded" crossovers or not @Petew? Here's the website for the upgrade, Orpheus Apollo Signature (customanalogue.com). I cannot speak from experience but there seems to be plenty of good things said about it.

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I did ask Kiat about this directly and he steered me away from going down that path. He wasn't keen on it. He didn't exactly say why but as the manufacturer I guess he knows what he's talking about. Tbh I'd rather put 1K towards a better amplifier.

Pete