Please help with preamp options.

Hi, 

I recently got the NAD M25. My old amp is yamaha RX- B633 which has 7.1 pre-out. 
There is a 2nd hand emotiva umc-200 preamp for $350. Should I buy the emotiva or can I just the my old amp for the preamp option?

Please help with your suggestions. Many thanks.

7 hours ago, letu84 said:

I recently got the NAD M25. My old amp is yamaha RX- B633 which has 7.1 pre-out. 
There is a 2nd hand emotiva umc-200 preamp for $350. Should I buy the emotiva or can I just the my old amp for the preamp option?

not familiar with the yamaha, but if as you say it has pre outs ... you can use it and the nad power amp will give you a power upgrade.

I personally woudl skip on the emotiva ...

if still looking for a pre amp, there are probably better dedicated pre amps eg any of the 7000 series marantz pre amps that do tend to come up regularly here and could buy one of those affordably and would do your power amp justice 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, letu84 said:

Hi, 

Try the Yamaha first.  You will get an awesome sound with the M25 and it will give you a good basis to decide whether you want more.   If you do decide to upgrade  down the track, I would suggest you look at a dedicated Pre/pro  and not a receiver .   That will give you  a greater SQ leap than simply changing receivers. 

• Like 2

:welcome:to the forum.

There are quite a few Anthem AVM 60 on sale in the Classifieds (which you will have access after a few more posts).  Quite a few owners have been bitten by the upgrade bug with the new models, but the AVM 60 is still very good. ?Plus, Anthem Room Correction is excellent.

It will  beat your existing Yamaha.

• Like 1