Item Condition: Excellent, cosmetic wear but functionally perfect
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Melbourne (Kew East)
State: VIC
Payment Method: Paypal (buyer pays fees), EFT, Cash
Reason for selling: Moving interstate + young family

I'm moving interstate soon and have a new baby on the way, so going through a process of selling off some gear.

Please see a list of further gear to be listing shortly below, if you're interested send me a PM.

Pricing on these is somewhat negotiable - I've listed them fairly competitively relatively to what they're advertised for internationally but should be able to come down a bit.

If you're looking at these speakers you probably know a fair bit about them.  They're great speakers - dual concentric design, high sensitivity (~95 db), loads of detail, full sounding, and capable of playing loud or softly if required. 

In particular, I like the midrange and bass presentation of these, as well as the sense of spaciousness and they have.  I'd be keeping them but have the 12" gold speakers which will be easier to move around.

I recently had a retired speaker technician with a fair bit of experience working on these types of speakers to take a look over the driver and he gave them a clean bill of health.

He re-centred the spider/voice coil (they can sag a bit with age and are adjustable via their mounting points to the basket/frame), touched up the dust cap glue and a few other things to better ensure long term reliability. 

He commented that the voice coil and spider were in very good condition, and that in his opinion the drivers overall are roughly in 9/10 condition and should be trouble free for a fair while.

Binding posts are modern type and of a high quality (accommodating spade/banana/bare wire).

Cabinets are showing some signs of wear cosmetically, but are thick MDF and are structurally fine.

Due to weight/size, etc. I won't be posting - interstate buyers are welcome to arrange a packaging and courier at their own risk.

Interested buyers are welcome to come listen to these.

Further items to be listed shortly (PM me if interested in getting in early, I'll probably look to get the Tannoys sold before listing the much of it):

* Lumin U1 Mini Network bridge

* Power Conditioner and matching cable (Gigawatt PF-2)

* Rogers LS3/5a monitor speakers (15 ohm)

* Leak Stereo 20 amplifier (recapped)

* Luxman MB88 Ultimate monoblocks (recapped through signal path) - rare amps, only 200 made

* Acoustic Diffuser - timber 523 PRD 2D diffuser (11" deep, 116 x 72cm dimensions)

* Acoustic Corner Bass Absorbers (x4) (580 deep, 122cm high, 91cm wide)

* Acoustic panel absorbers (50hz and ~106hz tuning, approx 120cm x 60cm front profile)

Photos:

image2.thumb.jpeg.84bb893e58c2a7c480347e752759eb5c.jpegimage3.thumb.jpeg.cf09e3bc3ffd76d4740e3b384ed60c02.jpeg

Edited by fidelity4u
  • Like 3
  • fidelity4u changed the title to FS: Tannoy Gold 15" Speakers
14 minutes ago, williamvalve said:

Hi, awesome speakers and system. Will you be selling your Radford too? Cheers.

Thanks, only at a rather high price. They’ve been totally rebuilt and cost me around $5k. I’d want that or possibly more before parting with them.

The Luxmans I’m thinking of selling are the same quality as the Radford, just a different sound signature - phenomenal bass (nearly the best I’ve heard out of valves, bettered only by an Audio Research REF 150 I think), more timbral richness in the mids than the Radford, but a bit less upper frequency extension.

Feel free to send me a private message if you’re interested in either.

• Like 1
  • fidelity4u changed the title to FS(Price drop): Tannoy Gold 15" Speakers

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dbastin
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Manning State: WA Payment Method: Paypal, Cash, EFT Reason for selling: Surplus due to upgrade Further information:

This is 240v with US outlets.  Rare to find in Australia.

Triton v2 was US$7k new, that is about AU$10k.

The Ground Chassis System is very effective and that benefit has considerable value.

The 4 x CopperConn outlets cost about AU$1500.

Review:

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/blog/shunyata_triton_v2.htm#:~:text=With the Triton v2 in,end weight%2C articulation and focus.

Also see attached review.

A description of the Triton v2 features can be found here at musicdirect ... ignore that it says it is no longer available, just scroll down.

https://www.musicdirect.com/power/shunyata-hydra-triton-v2-power-conditioner

Photos:

shunyata_Hydra_tritonv2_typhon_sigmacables.pdf
    • By Digital Man
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Lavington State: NSW Payment Method: PayPal Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
       Hi Guys, I am selling my genuine Apple/Samsung SSD M.2, it has been completely wiped, ready for you to install any IOS you desire, I will post and pick up is available. Thanks 
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By craka
      Item Condition: Like new Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Mitchelton 4053 State: QLD Payment Method: EFT,Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: To many cables Further information: I purchased these new from Audio Principe. They are a very neutral cable and very well made. 2.5 m in length.
      https://audioprincipe.com.au/speaker-cables/bi-wire-teflonsilver-plated-speaker-cables/

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.
    • By audiodyna
      Item Condition: without stylus Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Perth State: WA Payment Method: Paypal, bank transfer or cash on pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information: Clearaudio Gamma S MC cartridge without stylus as shown in photos.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By Bookaboo
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: MULGRAVE State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Surplus Further information: Classic Nakamichi 700II Tri Tracer Cassette Deck. Recently serviced, recapped, new belts. Sounds fantastic! Great vintage vibe and sound. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ