Rega Apheta 2 cart damaged

I had a turntable shipped to me and they didnt put the stylus gard on the cart as a result the stylus is bent, is this repairable/serviceable and if so can anyone recommend someone

cheers

Matt

alpheta.jpg

I insured it through pack and Send. see how I go, I put a 2M black on my P8 sounds fantastic

My suggestion is leave the 2M on and sell the Apheta 2. I had an Apheta 2 on an RP8 and it was rubbish.

Joseph Long aka cartridge_retipping_5 on eBay does an outstanding job.

Edited by Warren Jones

That’s heartbreaking on such a good cart. 
sorry to see this and I hope you decide to fix or cash it in Apheta 3 is the new version. 

4 hours ago, Matty74 said:

I had a turntable shipped to me and they didn't put the stylus guard on the cart; as a result the stylus is bent, is this repairable/serviceable and if so can anyone recommend someone

cheers

Matt

alpheta.jpg

Aaaahhh - that is nightmare stuff!  :(

2 hours ago, Pops110 said:

I second this ... I believe Chris (in Qld) should be able to replace the cantilever+stylus - possibly even change over to a boron cantilever, instead of the aluminium tube.  :thumb:

Andy

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, andyr said:

Aaaahhh - that is nightmare stuff!  :(

I second this ... I believe Chris (in Qld) should be able to replace the cantilever+stylus - possibly even change over to a boron cantilever, instead of the aluminium tube.  :thumb:

Andy

These carts respond VERY well to boron and stylus upgrade, the stock is a very very average cantilever and stylus.

Chris

Thanks for the advice guys I’d like to get this cart fixed and upgraded can’t find cartridge_retipping_5 user on eBay 

10 minutes ago, Matty74 said:

Thanks for the advice guys I’d like to get this cart fixed and upgraded can’t find cartridge_retipping_5 user on eBay 

Just PM 'caffe latte', Matty.

Andy

On 17/04/2021 at 10:05 PM, andyr said:

Just PM 'caffe latte', Matty.

Andy

Messaged him Saturday sending my cart to him this week.

cheers

Matt

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Pops110 said:

Good stuff, let us all know how it turns out.

Will do