Nagaoka MI cart on jelco 850s

Hey all would a nagaoka cart mp 300 or 500 work on a jelco with effective mass 13.4 grams? (Guessing this IS a medium mass arm)?! 
if not can anybody report excellent pairings with this arm and a MM cartridge?  Cheers 

The Nags work well on 12g arms (Technics) and also good on the 12 inch version which is heavier. Remember the Jelco can be made lighter too with headshells so should not be hard to get them lighter. I have a MP500 and heard loads of other Nag models due to retipping them, like them a lot, but not my fav cart all the same. I am though a cart nut with around 80 carts and still buying them so not the person who is going to love one cart :)

Chris

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maynard said:

Hey thanks 

Since you are well experienced in carts what would be a no brainer recommendation for the jelco in your opinion 

So many options I have over 80 carts. What is your budget and can it be vintage?

Chris

15 hours ago, adhoc said:

Chris, what do you think of the ADC XLM line? 

I thought I replied to this, odd.. I had mine on yesterday and it is still on today, the XLM is a fab cart, quite high compliance, but seems to be fine on my medium compliance Technics with oil damping.

Chris