FS: L.K.S Audio LKS MH-DA004 Dual ES9038pro DAC

Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Adelaide Hills
State: SA
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling:

Further information:

Bought off another member in October 2020 and have since modded it with Copper around both Power Supplies and twisting the cables.

The Sound is superb, especially after the small mods. I cant imagine anything better.

Will throw in a pair of 80cm Swamp balanced XLR cables

Below is copy and paste from the original post. 

Purchased from ShenzhenAudio in July 2020 - (Delivered Sept)

Current price for the upgraded usb model is over $2200 I believe. 

Free shipping included but buyer pays insurance if wanted. 

Not particularly well known in Oz I don't think but absolutely packed with features - a full dual mono design with dual ES9038pro chips.  This version features the optional upgraded USB interface which includes an upgraded power supply and 2 x Crystek CCHD-957 active clock and supports DSD up to 512k.  Comes in original box, has remote.

Two-chip ES9038pro decoding method.
Two high-quality toroidal transformers, a total of 13 groups of linear power supply.
Built-in specially designed Italian Amanero USB module, original license license. USB module added to isolate the chip, you can isolate the computer to the audio system interference signal.
Supports USB, I2S / DSD single-ended signal (RJ45), I2S / DSD balanced signal (HDMI), oaxial, BNC, AES / EBU balance, Optical total seven-way source input, all ports support DSD input.
Analog audio output port includes standard RCA single-ended output and XLR balanced output pair.
Display with VFD display, the display exceptionally outstanding.
 Use physical key operation.
Support 0dB ~ -127dB digital volume adjustment, 0.5dB level. But also has a remote key to skip the volume adjustment function.
Support a variety of digital filter mode settings (see user manual). Can be arbitrarily selected, different filter mode, the digital filter attenuation characteristics are different.
Supports decoding of internal digital phase-locked loop bandwidth settings (see user's manual for details).
Support Deemphasis to increase or turn off.
The display has 4 levels of brightness adjustable. Adjusted by remote control.
Remote start, standby function.
Most of the settings with memory function, turn off the opportunity to automatically save the settings, restart the settings.
Dynamic range> 135dB
Distortion <0.0002%
Stereo resolution> 120dB
RCA unbalanced port output amplitude 2Vrms, XLR balanced port output amplitude 5Vrms.
Machine size 430 * 320 * 90mm
Machine weight 7.0kg

You can read the full specs here 

https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/l-k-s-audio-lks-mh-da004-dual-es9038pro-flagship-dac-dsd-input-i2s-coaxial-bnc-aes-ebu-for-dop-usb-i2s-optical-audio-decoder?variant=29703030833212

Lots of reviews on various forums such as 

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/l-k-s-audio-mh-da004-dual-es9038pro-dac-van-dammes-double-impact.840938/

https://theaudiostandard.net/thread/4743/lks-mh-da004-dac

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/31270-lks-audio-mh-da004/

A quote from one user review

"OK, so the nitty gritty. I have TWO of them in two systems and could not be happier. I had foolishly jumped in and paid even more for a Schiit YGGDRASIL until I received an LKS MH-DA004 and the difference in audio quality was obvious. So I sold the YGGDRASIL and purchased a second LKS. Note, the YGGDRASIL DAC is a fine unit, but the LKS is better. Cleaner reproduction generally on classical music, particularly with larger ensembles where the LKS reveals more detail of the individual instruments playing, has more air and delicacy and eliminates traces of digital harshness"

155410151_1139661466454067_7253569251339646648_n.thumb.jpg.cf0df44ec20ef4863b2405b690865d87.jpg

155373204_274325750728601_3909174876069240208_n.thumb.jpg.b54661817c99cd25e897b4e0b40f1acf.jpg

155529342_1326396397735825_5440600986679922073_n.thumb.jpg.288f7d3bbf1c1c80e57f5c3eab9c5148.jpg

156076650_953247872170152_3239023445010442027_n.thumb.jpg.42e576696123360414aed90b7a419855.jpg

155810507_184381389831592_9028620513408844323_n.thumb.jpg.2f3ae517fb897351799fc457976ed62f.jpg

156861192_502052541185543_126400996481766581_n.thumb.jpg.d8043a6d3b9e261a3042d5fa1645cb22.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah it is very nice. I might even end up buying another one once I set up 2 channel stereo listening again. Will end up keeping it too if nobody wants to buy it for $1150 :).

• Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By candyflip
      Item Condition: As described below Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Bulleen State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Credit cards Reason for selling: latest finds  
      The Corrs – Jupiter Calling
      2017 gatefold 2LP pressing
      NM/NM - BRAND NEW and SEALED.
      The album was primarily recorded live, with minimal overdubbing.
      While working on the album, producer T-Bone Burnett made use of 40 spools of two-inch tape and a Ludwig drum kit for the fullest analog sound.
      It works.

• By dan-m9
      Item Condition: As New Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Postmans Ridge or Toowoomba State: QLD Payment Method: Paypal (Buyer pays 2.6% fees or F&F with no fees), EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR - Too many AMPs Further information:

Fantastic sounding EL34 Tube AMP for the price and a perfect decent entry level for tubes.
      Little use and just barely burnt in, selling as I got two and change of plans for the second one.

Comes with upgraded tubes. 2X Psvane EL34 and 1X Vintage RCA 12AX7 (long plate round getter). Happy to sell with no tubes for $60 less if wanted.

Free Postage AU wide to Sendle/CouriersPlease locations.

Paid nearly $500 AUD new after shipping/tax and before tube upgrade a month ago (took nearly a month to arrive/ship):

Also a Drop link for more specs/reviews:
      https://drop.com/buy/appj-el34-tube-stereo-amplifier

Thanks.

Photos:

• By Davidbigeye
      Item Condition: Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: DALKEITH State: WA Payment Method: Reason for selling: Extra Info: JBL made 4 pairs of these in gloss black as special demo speakers, this is one of those pairs!  There are only 3 other sets in the world!
      They are the Special Edition models, in fantastic condition, lightly used, always with the best amps etc driving them (Goldmund, Krell...)
      These are amazing speakers, I thought I would keep them forever, but circumstances have changed...
      Give me a yell if you would like to see/hear them.
      David.

Pictures: attached

• By Pim
      Item Condition: 8/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Tumbulgum State: NSW Payment Method: Bank transfer / Cash / Cheque Reason for selling: Planning to go passive LS50 Meta Further information: There is a pair of LS50 Meta's up for sale here and i own a Devialet amp. For a while i've been thinking of going passive with the Devialet amp so if I can sell these, I'll buy the LS50 Meta's.

In 2017 I lost some speakers in a flood and because I was insured, the insurance company bought me these. They're not my main speakers so I hardly use them. They wouldn't have more that a few hundred hours on them.

I don't have the boxes anymore but I have plenty of ply wood lying around and can build a crate for safe transport.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.
    • By foryou
      Item Condition: used good condition Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Doncaster State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal (buyer need pay thr fees) , EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: bought new amp Further information:
       first densen pre amp and the current densen still use the same design . This amp are very musicality and natural , sound will get better after some warm up . 
      amp has be serviced by ClassA audio recently . 
      it still come with the owner manual and double box . So it can ship to anywhere and good for audio collection. 
      Densen didn’t make many of DM20 preamp and this is one of the early one . 
      well build and icon design 

Description :
      The Densen DM-20 is designed and built without compromises. It is a successful merger of extravagant sound, design, and usability. The design trademark compact aluminum case, is not only good-looking and easy to incorporate in any interior – it also dissipates heat and reduce magnetic distortion much more effectively than the large steel cases used by many manufacturers. In 1994 at the CES winter show, the Densen DM-20/DM-30 preamp/poweramplifier combination was named the “Highest airguitar factor and best affordable sound” at the CES. In later years, Densen has used the slogan “Life is too short for boring hifi” to describe the Densen sonic signature. Densen hints that the truth of sound is a combination of the Flat earthers focus on PRAT (Pace Rhythm and Timing), and the more classic audiophile focus on timbre, details, soundstage and tonal character. For several years now the phrase has been used by Densen to describe the ultimate goal for all Densen systems, namely that the performance is so good that the listener wants to stand up and play the airguitar, instead of passively letting himself be entertained. Engaging is perhaps the best word to describe the sound from the DM-20. The strong and quick music will breathe through the atmosphere and musicians' emotion can be felt in the sound. A discreetly elegant addition to any home, the Densen DM-20 provides with world-renowned musical experiences and family-friendly usability.

Specifications :
      Input Sensitivity................................All inputs: 200mV
      Input Impedance...............................20k ohms
      Frequency Response........................2 to 400,000Hz. +0 -3dB
      Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise......Less than 0.01% at rated output
      Signal-to-Noise Ratio........................More than 95dB at rated output, "A-weighted"
      Power Consumption.........................Min(Idle): 10 watts
      ..........................Max: 10 watts
      Power Supply Size...........................Transformers: 2 x 14VA
      Amount Of Rectifiers........................4 (Also known as power supplies)
      Dimensions(w x d x h)......................44.5 x 43 x 8 cm
      Weight............................................5kg
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.