Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Epsom
State: VIC
Payment Method: Cash on pickup
Reason for selling: Collecting dust

Further information:

I purchased these a while ago from another SNA member, and they are in the exact same condition now as they were then. The drivers have dust on them, but are intact. They are intact because I left the dust where it is, and I'd advise any prospective Dynaudio owner to do the same. One cabinet has some scrapes that have been touched up with paint or pen, and while it's a shame, it took me weeks to even notice.

The sound is relaxed, with a nice mid-bass hump. Plays well with almost anything, and isn't too fussy with placement even with the rear port.

Strictly pickup only. Don't even ask - I'm after an easy transaction first and foremost.

Price includes $15 SNA donation. 

Photos:

20210416_150814.thumb.jpg.449d50d9dda0ba96d5d2c8abcc2105cc.jpg20210416_150916.thumb.jpg.04a250948ee574cfa764be16b05b7e0b.jpg20210416_150959.thumb.jpg.8b1e1c4aa565113917b8b49094add894.jpg20210416_151015.thumb.jpg.3d10bc8426e61a8f5ce42349c681648c.jpg20210416_151039.thumb.jpg.4b0c24ea1b2d7243b11e53f951fac34e.jpg20210416_151133.thumb.jpg.b9304666c7bef5692643fda365181760.jpg20210416_151141.thumb.jpg.35b220c62e883bbcad76670527a9c43a.jpg20210416_151217.thumb.jpg.04237f972605e4e18a39a5a759bbe5d7.jpg20210416_151231.thumb.jpg.ab59a99d7bad03b0de33f5ccb288d2de.jpg

•  
Edited by twofires

These are actually a nice speaker. I had a pair 10 years ago.

If you were in Brisbane or willing to post they'd be mine.

GLWS.

• Like 1

i have a pair of these with upgraded crossovers. they sound like focus tower range without the bass. glwts. 

58 minutes ago, atomictheory said:

Bargain alert. They're a little tough to drive, but at this price a complete steal.

To be honest - and this isn't just a sales pitch - I've never actually found them that difficult. I was running them with a 70wpc Marantz with no issues at moderate levels.

My experience with Dyns (these and the Special Forties) has been that the sensitivity means you might need a couple of extra watts, but the impedance is generally above 4.5ohm, so they don't require as much current as newer KEF or those sub 3ohm AMT Monitor Audios (for example). My feeling is you need a solid 40 watts solid state to manage them for normal use, and maybe double that of you like it very loud (in which case, I mean, these might not be the speaker you're looking for).

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, broadz said:

Very interested so long as I can get a friend in bendigo to pick them up for me

They are possibly pending payment at the moment, but I'll let you know if that falls through. 

No worries.  I can transfer you the money straight away and just a matter of having them picked up at some stage if that changes anything?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BenBenBen
      Item Condition: 8/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Brisbane 4069 State: QLD Payment Method: Paypal + fees, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR. Further information:
      Great little 5 1/2" bookshelf or rear speaker - I've got another pair I'm keeping as a second system in the bedroom. Current replacement is Monitor Audio Bronze 50 and has an RRP of $699.

Drivers are perfect. A couple of small marks on the cabinet as shown in photos, but not noticeable unless very close. Plastic front edge of cabinet feels a little tacky (not a problem - just full disclosure).

If you want to wall / ceiling mount these, please see my other ad for matching speaker brackets. 

Prefer local pickup, but have original box and can ship at buyers cost (will be double boxed with extra padding).

https://www.monitoraudio.com/en/support/past-products/bronze-bx/bx1/

Frequency Response: 55Hz - 30KHz
      Power Handling (RMS): 70W
      Crossover Frequency: 3.2KHz
      Weight (each): 3.86Kg
      Sensitivity (1W@1m): 88dB
      Recommended Amplifier Requirements: 15 - 70 W
      Drive Unit Complement
      1 x 140 mm (5 1/2") C-CAM bass mid-range driver  1 x 25 mm (1") C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
      Cabinet Support: Rear ported bass reflex. HiVe II port technology
      External Dimensions (H x W x D): 260 x 165 x 180 mm 

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.
    • By Mikey B
      Item Condition: Brand new - unused Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Alexandria State: NSW Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Not required Further information:

Focal Chora 806 Bookshelf Speakers  (Black)   Brand new. Absolutely unused. Still sealed in factory packaging.    I've never used the speakers personally but they seem to get excellent reviews from reputable sources: https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/focal-chora-806-loudspeaker https://reviewary.com/focal-chora-806-review/   Recommended retail is $1,350 so this is an opportunity to get a brand new pair at a healthy discount.   Pick-up only. Alexandria.  
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By sum1
      Item Condition: AS NEW Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: BEVERLY HILLS State: NSW Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup, Paypal with fees on the buyer unless sent as a personal payment Reason for selling: No Longer Used Further information:
      As New Condition.
      Complete with the original box, receipt and warranty.
      Purchased locally from Digital Cinema at 26/06/2020 so the local warranty still have a long validity on them.
      As far as I can tell there is no local store that stocked this speaker as i think the PSB brand is not popular in Australia even though its predecessor the Alpha B1 was popular worldwide and so is this new Alpha P5 .
      So ended up having to do an order in on them, used it for a short time after which I went to a smaller sized speaker.

Supposedly PSB have great synergy with NAD amplifiers since they belong under the same parent company.

Further Reviews
      https://www.stereophile.com/content/psb-alpha-p5-loudspeaker
      https://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php/reference-components/1390-recommended-reference-component-psb-alpha-p5-loudspeakers)

Photos:

• By 57John
      Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: MERNDA State: VIC Payment Method: PayPal, EFT Reason for selling: NLR Further information: 
      Three months old purchased from Carlton Audio.
      Two small nicks on the top and bottom of one piece. I’ve colored them in and you can hardly see them. Tried to capture in the photos. Reduced to sell. Stands are virtually free. I have Herb’s brass/rubber footings to isolate spikes from floor if you need them for $100. These come with high grade jumpers included in the price. Original boxes available. Read review here: https://www.stereo.net.au/reviews/monitor-audio-gold-100-standmount-loudspeaker-review

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By law18
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: South Brisbane 4101 State: QLD Payment Method: EFT, Cash on pickup and Paypal (you must pay the additional fees for Paypal) Reason for selling: No longer used often enough Further information:

Speakers are in excellent condition and will come with their original box and receipt for warranty, of which I believe there is 2 years remaining. These are active speakers with 2x50W amplifiers per speaker. I previously owned passive X12's which were used in conjunction with a high quality amp and these are certainly comparable.

Please note that the speakers do come with their original magnetic grills, which are in excellent condition, as seen in the last photo. Sorry the photos are sideways, not sure why they are uploading this way and can't see any way to rotate them.

Any questions send me a message, including if you would like a quote to send them.

Thanks.

Photos:

PLEASE READ