Hi all,

Looking to buy a good condition Final Audio D8000. Please PM me if you have one and want to part with it.

Thanks.

Price Range: Negotiable
Item Condition: New or Used

Edited by Monkey4054

I hope you get the D8000 :P I know someone with one, but I do have first dibs. Need to head to head it against the Empy.

Worlds apart those two haha. You heard either?

Hey Ben, how are you going? I've heard the D8000 and love it, I A/B'd it with the Pro version and ultimately preferred the non-pro thanks to the bass. Only problem is A2A's pricing... A year ago it was on sale briefly and I didn't pull the trigger, kicking myself now. I haven't heard the Empyrean yet though. I noticed that you own it, how do you like it?

D8000 Pro with EQ is the better headphone of the two. Ignoring that stupid cable, the tweaks just refine it even more. But the differences, if you were to make them tonally the same with EQ, isn't huge at all. A lot of the price is in that stupid cable they give. Horrible silver plated thing you can tow a car with.

I EQ'd the bass on the D8KP back up to D8000 levels (it EQs very well) and fixed the bit of dip in the mid-range (also on the D8000) and it was perfect. I just couldn't justify the price at the time and wanted some better speakers.

Empyrean is close in some respects. Without EQ is a better balance, comfort is supreme too. They are lighter and disappear on the head.

• Like 1

Yes that's right, other than bass quantity, the Pro is better than the original in every way sonically. My only concerns were(are) price and not really wanting to EQ if I don't have to.

If the price came down to like 4k, maybe, but 5k+.... nahh Same deal with the Utopia. It's not worth it at all at it's usual price of $5500, but when it goes on sale for $2999 it's a steal!

The Empyrean is an intriguing option too, the mixed reviews about sound is off-putting. Best comfort and aesthetics, but the sound quality not quite good enough to justify the price. 

Yes / No.

Reviews don't do it justice. Which is funny, because reviews tend to be glowing for the Verite, and dont tend to slam it for its technical performance.

I think the Verite sits right as a $3000 headphone. Empy seems right at $4000 given the package, of build and comfort. Utopia is a bit of a bargain at $3000 BUT I don't like it. Too mid forward and treble is a bit grating to my sensitive engineering ears.

D8000 for $3200 was a good deal for sure! Kicking myself I didn't too.

You're in Brisbane too. PM me maybe.

On 16/04/2021 at 4:32 PM, Bengineer said:

Yes / No.

Reviews don't do it justice. Which is funny, because reviews tend to be glowing for the Verite, and dont tend to slam it for its technical performance.

I think the Verite sits right as a $3000 headphone. Empy seems right at $4000 given the package, of build and comfort. Utopia is a bit of a bargain at $3000 BUT I don't like it. Too mid forward and treble is a bit grating to my sensitive engineering ears.

D8000 for $3200 was a good deal for sure! Kicking myself I didn't too.

You're in Brisbane too. PM me maybe.

Yeah you can never really trust reviews, got the wrong idea about many headphones reading about them before I actually tried them...

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on the Empy vs the D8000 when you get the chance to compare them side-by-side...

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I & @Bengineer  disagree on D8000. (though I have not EQ'd D8000 pro , dont believe in EQ ing when spend $$$$ on such headphones)

I owned D8000 and miss it now, looking to buy it again .

To me D8000 is a better headphone than D8000 Pro. 

D8000 Pro - 'To my ears' is very balanced sounding and has no unique factor to it. And is a headphone definitely to own , if you want to own only 1 headphone . Does all well , nothing out of place. But nothing stands out particularly.

D8000 on the other hand is the BASS KING (not like the Beats :)) --- Its layering of Bass and depth is just phenomenal. Even Abyss 1266 Phi TC does not deliver that. D8000 is a very unique headphone. I have owned Utopia, Empy, Abyss 1266, D8000, 800s , LCD 4 (briefly as loaner for 3 weeks) and a few more.

D8000 holds its own amongst them all..

And compared to Empyrean

Simple -

• Bass impact and highs D8000, Empy Bass sounds bloated on many tracks.
  • Empy takes the cake for Mids and more rounded highs (if that's your thing) and
  • D8000 can't compete with Empy's comfort.
  • Electronic / Indie Elec / Trance / Pop --> D8000
  • Jazz / Rock / Instrumentals etc --> Empyrean

As one of the Gurus on this forum @BlueOceanBoy described Empyrean aptly in one sentence almost a year ago to me and couldnt find a better and simpler description for Empyreans . Empyrean is "Walking into a smoky Jazz Bar"

And I can describe D8000 (similar terms) as "Attending Sunburn GOA fest from the first few rows" 

Edited by peppy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1