Mad Max 1979 4k uhd blu-ray

4 minutes ago, muon* said:

Original aussie

thanks muon, looks was a roadshow release too originally ...

4 minutes ago, muon* said:

Wow, hate the American poster :(

hehe quite different isnt it ... quite a work of art though...

the other interceptor poster appears to be for foreign releases... ? seeing some with spanish and what not...

• Like 1

Just now, betty boop said:

thanks muon, looks was a roadshow release too originally ...

hehe quite different isnt it ... quite a work of art though...

the other interceptor poster appears to be for foreign releases... ? seeing some with spanish and what not...

No doubt, I'm just a stickler and lover of originality in all thing :)

• Like 1

Both covers convey a very different message.  The original Aussie is dark and moody, the USA makes it look futuristic.  No surprise as Mad Max is set in the future!

@muon*  a blast from the past seeing the original cover, brings back memories!

• Like 2

The original movie didn't feel futuristic to me at the time, nothing in the movie lent Itself to this, cars, fashion ect'.

I don't recall any shortages like with water in the original, just that the roads had been plagued with gangs getting up to no good. I think this is why I see the sequels as 'based on the original movie' rather than continuations, personally.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, betty boop said:

i have prime too...but how do you avoid that amazon us shipping ? as it just doesnt show up on the aussie amazon site. unless mean you have the amazon us prime ? :) 

No I’ve got Oz Prime. But it looks like it doesn’t qualify for Prime shipping. Oh well, now I’ll be forced to buy a few things to justify shipping ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, muon* said:

The original movie didn't feel futuristic to me at the time, nothing in the movie lent Itself to this, cars, fashion ect'.

I don't recall any shortages like with water in the original, just that the roads had been plagued with gangs getting up to no good. I think this is why I see the sequels as 'based on the original movie' rather than continuations, personally.

interesting take muon... ie always seen it as a bit futuristic in that its set in a time when society has crumbled and such ? an the future movies this has all just progressed further ? i probably need to watch the sequels again :D i might have this all very wrong ....

• Like 1

Just now, Goatboy said:

No I’ve got Oz Prime. But it looks like it doesn’t qualify for Prime shipping. Oh well, now I’ll be forced to buy a few things to justify shipping ?

yeah thats what i thought..

if you buy a few things is it still $20 for shipping or do they keep pilling it on with the shipping more things you buy ? . let us know how you go... i'll keep in mind for next time :)

Well It's didn't seem far from IRL to me, but I grew up in a lower socioeconomic suburb that had It's own local outlaw biker gang chapter that were not viewed from a distance often, and personal interactions were sometimes unwanted but not infrequent for a fair few..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, betty boop said:

yeah thats what i thought..

if you buy a few things is it still $20 for shipping or do they keep pilling it on with the shipping more things you buy ? . let us know how you go... i'll keep in mind for next time :)

I ordered three 4k titles and postage was $25. So not cheap, but at least postage didn't scale for each item.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goatboy said:

I ordered three 4k titles and postage was $25. So not cheap, but at least postage didn't scale for each item.

thanks GB, will keep that in mind to bundle few more in next time i buy from amazon us... definitely would ease the pain :D

• Like 1

On 16/04/2021 at 4:06 AM, STROP said:

Back then only an idiot would ride a Harley and the dream bike was the Kawasaki Z1 900.

Give it a break mate. You most probably don't even ride. Ohh, I used to have a R100s as well.

2 hours ago, Wimbo said:

Give it a break mate. You most probably don't even ride. Ohh, I used to have a R100s as well.

The R100 Mazda - so did I  - not old enough to legally drive it but did. Heading up to the Sunshine Coast one weekend to watch everything behind me disappear in a huge amount of steam - the water seals let go - a rotary rebuild. A sensational car in its day - excepting its capacity to "eat" seals ??

1 hour ago, Wimbo said:

Don't call me mate, I don't know you from a bar of soap...

Did you grow up during the 70's? At that period of time the consensus was what I wrote above, the Kwaka 900 was the bike to own and Harley riders were somewhat frowned upon.

21 minutes ago, Biko said:

The R100 Mazda - so did I  - not old enough to legally drive it but did. Heading up to the Sunshine Coast one weekend to watch everything behind me disappear in a huge amount of steam - the water seals let go - a rotary rebuild. A sensational car in its day - excepting its capacity to "eat" seals ??

R100S BMW which was the other bike in the movie from memory, either that or the 90s.

Edited by Wimbo

7 minutes ago, STROP said:

Did you grow up during the 70's? At that period of time the consensus was what I wrote above, the Kwaka 900 was the bike to own and Harley riders were somewhat frowned upon.

What? by you. Real bikers don't put **** on other peoples rides bloke. Who frowned on Harley riders back then "bloke"? I'll quote the old cliche, Z900's made Harley's look maneuverable. Ohh, the bikes to own were Laverda 3C's later the Jota and various Dukes. If you could afford them.

I was 6yo when my dad (bless him) took me to see this at Wantirna Drive In back in the day. He had no idea about ratings (This being an R) so hid me under a blanket in the back of his mustard coloured Ford wagon purely so he didn't have to pay extra. 

Must admit the month following did induce vivid nightmares which I still remember to this day but what a film. One day i'll also work out that post apocalyptic "B" movie was shown before. It involved buggies equipped with rotor blades that lopped off the heads of those that came across it and  a few nudie scenes that were frankly most welcomed to help counter all the violence shown on screen.

Bet if I put my 12yo through the same nowadays he would just laugh and tell me how fake everything looks.....how times have changed!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Tubularbells said:

I was 6yo when my dad (bless him) took me to see this at Wantirna Drive In back in the day. He had no idea about ratings (This being an R) so hid me under a blanket in the back of his mustard coloured Ford wagon purely so he didn't have to pay extra. 

Must admit the month following did induce vivid nightmares which I still remember to this day but what a film. One day i'll also work out that post apocalyptic "B" movie was shown before. It involved buggies equipped with rotor blades that lopped off the heads of those that came across it and  a few nudie scenes that were frankly most welcomed to help counter all the violence shown on screen.

Bet if I put my 12yo through the same nowadays he would just laugh and tell me how fake everything looks.....how times have changed!

The 'B' movie wasnt Caligula was it?

2 minutes ago, Wimbo said:

The 'B' movie wasnt Caligula was it?

Yeah na that wasn't it (although it involved plenty of what I described ? ). It was a post apocalyptic type film  like Mad Max only with more gratuity in the blood and boobies department. 

3 hours ago, STROP said:

I did grow up in the 70's, and you pretty much have it.

Never saw a gang member riding a Harley, most were Kwaka Nines with a few Honda seven fifty fours, and maybe some weirdo member on a waterbus xD

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Wimbo said:

What? by you. Real bikers don't put **** on other peoples rides bloke. Who frowned on Harley riders back then "bloke"? I'll quote the old cliche, Z900's made Harley's look maneuverable. Ohh, the bikes to own were Laverda 3C's later the Jota and various Dukes. If you could afford them.

Ah!

I see, you are not taking about outlaw gang members, you are talking from the perspective of those they pissed on before they....

Edit: in the movie 'Stone' they depicted the bikes much more accurately for that time period, from my memory.

Although Mad Max did OK, with Z1000 for Goose and Toecutter. Though Gooses bike was an anomaly as the cops rode Honda 750/4s in the time but there might have been exceptions in some states in some instances.

"With money tight, Miller had to be creative when it came to bikes and extras, too. While the main bike cop, Jim Goose, and the leader of the biker gang, ‘Toecutter’, were played by Aussie actors Steve Bisley and Hugh Keays-Byrne respectively (the latter having previously starred in the cult bike flick Stone) most of the rest of the gang – and their bikes – were the real McCoy. Miller placed an ad for the shoot in a bike shop window and local motorcycle club, The Vigilantes, came on board."

Hmm....so I must say that both movies accurately depicted the bikes for the time, even the bubble sidecar bike was a Honda 750/4.

Not a Harley in site, just like it was IRL.

Edited by muon*