Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Watched the 1979 Mad Max that got released on 4k uhd blu-ray... 

 

IMG_1645.jpg

 

For what is a 41 year old movie its come up amazingly well must say. a true bit of Australiana ... and good for a look see at the mad max grand daddy gosh its some galaxies away from the more recent mad max fury road...  !

 

Goodness what a time capsule this movie is ! such different times... movies were quite different too.. It was an absolute blast ! amazing this movie led to the stretch of movies and something like mad max fury road i really enjoyed... This has come up so well picture and audio wise it was originally Arri shot and with Todd-AO lenses plus has had a 4K processing to preserve every bit ! . It would be a must watch id suggest if can get hold off. Do folks remember watching this original when in the flicks ? what did you think back then :D really keen to know and if have explored more recently :)

 

Some screen shots and it is magnificent via the JVC N7 projector and 4k blu-ray source.

 

025A1335.JPG

 

025A1344.JPG

 

025A1345.JPG

 

025A1351.JPG

 

025A1357.JPG

 

025A1360.JPG

 

025A1362.JPG

 

025A1367.JPG

 

025A1368.JPG

 

025A1370.JPG

 

025A1377.JPG

 

025A1380.JPG

 

025A1383.JPG

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watched the 1979 Mad Max that got released on 4k uhd blu-ray...      For what is a 41 year old movie its come up amazingly well must say. a true bit of Australiana ... and good fo

Black and chrome edition!  

such a top movie ! was way too young to see it at the flicks as well, cant remember when i first saw it, but a long time ago.      wow didnt realise that was shot there ... great can conne

It was amazing to see Hugh Keays-Byrne in this film in the key role of Toe Cutter

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0117412/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

 

Also amazing they got him back in the role of Immortan Joe for Mad Max Fury road. Sadly it was THE last film he did and he passed away peacefully in December last year. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Keays-Byrne

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Best Australian made movie ever.

 

I saw this for the first time on VHS, so a few years after cinema release.  I was too young to see it at the flicks.  I feel I’ve known this movie my whole life.  Geez I love his V8 Interceptor...

 

I liked how it looked on bluray, so 4K would be a real treat.  

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The beach scene with the mannequin was shot at Seaford pier, which is where I spent my summer’s when growing up.  Oddly, I’ve always been proud of that fact!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites


13 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

Best Australian made movie ever.

 

I saw this for the first time on VHS, so a few years after cinema release.  I was too young to see it at the flicks.  I feel I’ve known this movie my whole life.  Geez I love his V8 Interceptor...

 

I liked how it looked on bluray, so 4K would be a real treat.  

 

such a top movie ! was way too young to see it at the flicks as well, cant remember when i first saw it, but a long time ago.  :) 

 

11 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

The beach scene with the mannequin was shot at Seaford pier, which is where I spent my summer’s when growing up.  Oddly, I’ve always been proud of that fact!

wow didnt realise that was shot there ... great can connect to it that ways kaynin :)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw it at the Drive In on release, still the only one IMO, the rest were Hollywood bling riding on the title name.

Edited by muon*
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, muon* said:

Saw it at the Drive In on release, still the only one IMO, the rest were Hollywood bling riding on the title name.

wow drive in ! what did you think of the movie back then watching it ? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, betty boop said:

wow drive in ! what did you think of the movie back then watching it ? 

Loved it!

 

Had a realness about it, but sometimes that realness can cause discomfort as it did with one scene. It didn't reach into the realms of fantasy like all the sequels did and so many action flicks do, and I liked that.

 

Although the bikies seem a little soft compared to the ones IRL, OK a lot :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, muon* said:

Loved it!

 

Had a realness about it, but sometimes that realness can cause discomfort as it did with one scene. It didn't reach into the realms of fantasy like all the sequels did and so many action flicks do, and I liked that.

 

Although the bikies seem a little soft compared to the ones IRL, OK a lot :lol:

I think you are right muon, it seems to have a realness...rawness that many modern flicks and sequels lack...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was way too young to be let into the cinema when this was released... I remember the ads where the interceptor would drive through a caravan..... 

But why it’s such a cult to us Mebournians is that the movie was shot around Melbourne and country Victoria....  The garage scene was done in Melbourne uni underground car park that I believe is still there.   Some of the other court scenes was done near science works where the old sewerage pumping station was,  some of these places are still there and you can related that to the movie when you visit these places.  The little house that Max was filmed in has now transformed and was on the market recently.

 

https://www.realestate.com.au/news/boost-juice-founder-janine-allis-lists-mad-max-house-in-fairhaven/

 

The latest film Fiery Road was filmed here with some scenes in NSW where I know a number of ex colleagues participating when it was filming, so good to see occupying locals and integrating them in many scenes.

 

Always interested and looking forward to any mad max films,  very entertaining franchise 

Edited by Addicted to music
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

I was way too young to be let into the cinema when this was released... I remember the ads where the interceptor would drive through a caravan..... 

But why it’s such a cult to us Mebournians is that the movie was shot around Melbourne and country Victoria....  The garage scene was done in Melbourne uni underground car park that I believe is still there.   Some of the other court scenes was done near science works where the old sewerage pumping station was,  some of these places are still there and you can related that to the movie when you visit these places.  The little house that Max was filmed in has now transformed and was on the market recently.

 

https://www.realestate.com.au/news/boost-juice-founder-janine-allis-lists-mad-max-house-in-fairhaven/

 

The latest film Fiery Road was filmed here with some scenes in NSW where I know a number of ex colleagues participating when it was filming, so good to see occupying locals and integrating them in many scenes.

WOW ! thats some amazing stuff addicted. 

 

I think its why i love australian movies... as it take a slice of what know and can connect. 

 

that melb uni carpark is probably THE most photographed carpark in melbourne since :D 

 

never knew of the fair haven place...wow still going :)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, muon* said:

Although the bikies seem a little soft compared to the ones IRL, OK a lot

"bikies" is a word I have always loathed because in my mind it undermines the whole tough guy image.  I much prefer the American equivalent of "bikers", bikies sounds like the feminine appellative of biker.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, betty boop said:

WOW ! thats some amazing stuff addicted. 

 

I think its why i love australian movies... as it take a slice of what know and can connect. 

 

that melb uni carpark is probably THE most photographed carpark in melbourne since :D 

 

never knew of the fair haven place...wow still going :)

Some more details can be found:

 

https://www.madmaxmovies.com/mad-max/filming-locations/melbourne-university/index.html

 

my daughter was fascinated by the how it started and bought the whole collection on 1080.   She was really fascinated where she’s been and where filming took place....

 

In Fury road the ex colleague had shown up in a few scenes, I won’t say which one for privacy reasons but was base in Sydney, and I was fascinated how the part was obtained....    would have love to be part of it, if it was here in Melb would have put my hand up, wouldn’t care if I didn’t get paid.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

Surprisingly some of the locations sill remain untouched which is good to see.

amazing bit of work done there to find all these locations....

 

I remember  wandering around San Francisco noticing all the holywood locations of famous movies id recognise... nice can do this with an aussie film :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember walking down Rundle mall to see Mad Max at the Acadamy Theatre in Adelaide, was around 15 - not sure if I lied about my age or not

 

Great movie I have all 4 (pretty sure the first 3 are DVD with 4K Fury Road).  Love the rawness of the original 

Big fan of the old school Falcons  Plenty of quotes......

 

Like the sign say's "Speeds just a question of money, how fast you wanna go?"

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


On 14/04/2021 at 3:12 PM, betty boop said:

It was amazing to see Hugh Keays-Byrne in this film in the key role of Toe Cutter

Huge fan of Mad Max, the actor who played Toe Cutter was also involved in this classic Aussie biker film.

Back then only an idiot would ride a Harley and the dream bike was the Kawasaki Z1 900.

 

stone-australian-movie-poster-md.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Goatboy said:

@betty boop - did you grab this in Australia ? I see it on US Amazon but couldn’t find it locally.

 

hi GB, indeed sadly not available here.... which is an absolute outrage ! an australian classic and not sold here...but thats another story Grrr ! 

yes from amazon us site,

 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08H5DFV1P/

 

the price is fine for what it is, but the costs almost as much to get here !

 

not everyone likely share my enthusiasm for this kind of outlay but worth it for me and something will cherish :)

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, betty boop said:

 

hi GB, indeed sadly not available here.... which is an absolute outrage ! an australian classic and not sold here...but thats another story Grrr ! 

yes from amazon us site,

 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08H5DFV1P/

 

the price is fine for what it is, but the costs almost as much to get here !

 

not everyone likely share my enthusiasm for this kind of outlay but worth it for me and something will cherish :)

 

 

 

You get the American cover, which is something we don't really get to see!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, betty boop said:

 

hi GB, indeed sadly not available here.... which is an absolute outrage ! an australian classic and not sold here...but thats another story Grrr ! 

yes from amazon us site,

 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08H5DFV1P/

 

the price is fine for what it is, but the costs almost as much to get here !

 

not everyone likely share my enthusiasm for this kind of outlay but worth it for me and something will cherish :)

 

Thanks Al. I suspected as much... I have Prime so if I order a couple of things I can avoid postage. 
 

And thanks for the heads- up on the film. Owning it on 4K is a no - brainer ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

 

 

You get the American cover, which is something we don't really get to see!

I love the cover, is that the  original american poster or did we have something else here when it was originally released ? :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Goatboy said:

Thanks Al. I suspected as much... I have Prime so if I order a couple of things I can avoid postage. 
 

And thanks for the heads- up on the film. Owning it on 4K is a no - brainer ?

i have prime too...but how do you avoid that amazon us shipping ? as it just doesnt show up on the aussie amazon site. unless mean you have the amazon us prime ? :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

yes i think this is the original USA release poster, what a cracker ! 

 

image.png

 

no idea what the local aussie poster was ....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, betty boop said:

I love the cover, is that the  original american poster or did we have something else here when it was originally released ? :) 

 

AUSTRALIAN104-2.jpg.4591e2c7b77fd693497cb7cdef000d8a.jpg

Original aussie

Wow, hate the American poster :(

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, muon* said:

Original aussie

thanks muon, looks was a roadshow release too originally ...

 

4 minutes ago, muon* said:

Wow, hate the American poster :(

hehe quite different isnt it ... quite a work of art though...

 

the other interceptor poster appears to be for foreign releases... ? seeing some with spanish and what not...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, betty boop said:

thanks muon, looks was a roadshow release too originally ...

 

hehe quite different isnt it ... quite a work of art though...

 

the other interceptor poster appears to be for foreign releases... ? seeing some with spanish and what not...

No doubt, I'm just a stickler and lover of originality in all thing :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Both covers convey a very different message.  The original Aussie is dark and moody, the USA makes it look futuristic.  No surprise as Mad Max is set in the future!

 

@muon*  a blast from the past seeing the original cover, brings back memories!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The original movie didn't feel futuristic to me at the time, nothing in the movie lent Itself to this, cars, fashion ect'.

 

I don't recall any shortages like with water in the original, just that the roads had been plagued with gangs getting up to no good. I think this is why I see the sequels as 'based on the original movie' rather than continuations, personally.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, betty boop said:

i have prime too...but how do you avoid that amazon us shipping ? as it just doesnt show up on the aussie amazon site. unless mean you have the amazon us prime ? :) 

No I’ve got Oz Prime. But it looks like it doesn’t qualify for Prime shipping. Oh well, now I’ll be forced to buy a few things to justify shipping ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, muon* said:

The original movie didn't feel futuristic to me at the time, nothing in the movie lent Itself to this, cars, fashion ect'.

 

I don't recall any shortages like with water in the original, just that the roads had been plagued with gangs getting up to no good. I think this is why I see the sequels as 'based on the original movie' rather than continuations, personally.

interesting take muon... ie always seen it as a bit futuristic in that its set in a time when society has crumbled and such ? an the future movies this has all just progressed further ? i probably need to watch the sequels again :D i might have this all very wrong ....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Goatboy said:

No I’ve got Oz Prime. But it looks like it doesn’t qualify for Prime shipping. Oh well, now I’ll be forced to buy a few things to justify shipping ?

yeah thats what i thought..

 

if you buy a few things is it still $20 for shipping or do they keep pilling it on with the shipping more things you buy ? . let us know how you go... i'll keep in mind for next time :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well It's didn't seem far from IRL to me, but I grew up in a lower socioeconomic suburb that had It's own local outlaw biker gang chapter that were not viewed from a distance often, and personal interactions were sometimes unwanted but not infrequent for a fair few..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, betty boop said:

yeah thats what i thought..

 

if you buy a few things is it still $20 for shipping or do they keep pilling it on with the shipping more things you buy ? . let us know how you go... i'll keep in mind for next time :)

I ordered three 4k titles and postage was $25. So not cheap, but at least postage didn't scale for each item.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Goatboy said:

I ordered three 4k titles and postage was $25. So not cheap, but at least postage didn't scale for each item.

thanks GB, will keep that in mind to bundle few more in next time i buy from amazon us... definitely would ease the pain :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/04/2021 at 4:06 AM, STROP said:

Back then only an idiot would ride a Harley and the dream bike was the Kawasaki Z1 900.

Give it a break mate. You most probably don't even ride. Ohh, I used to have a R100s as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wimbo said:

Give it a break mate. You most probably don't even ride. Ohh, I used to have a R100s as well.

 

The R100 Mazda - so did I  - not old enough to legally drive it but did. Heading up to the Sunshine Coast one weekend to watch everything behind me disappear in a huge amount of steam - the water seals let go - a rotary rebuild. A sensational car in its day - excepting its capacity to "eat" seals ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wimbo said:

Give it a break mate. You most probably don't even ride. Ohh, I used to have a R100s as well.

Don't call me mate, I don't know you from a bar of soap...

Did you grow up during the 70's? At that period of time the consensus was what I wrote above, the Kwaka 900 was the bike to own and Harley riders were somewhat frowned upon.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Biko said:

 

The R100 Mazda - so did I  - not old enough to legally drive it but did. Heading up to the Sunshine Coast one weekend to watch everything behind me disappear in a huge amount of steam - the water seals let go - a rotary rebuild. A sensational car in its day - excepting its capacity to "eat" seals ??

R100S BMW which was the other bike in the movie from memory, either that or the 90s.

Edited by Wimbo
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, STROP said:

Don't call me mate, I don't know you from a bar of soap...

Did you grow up during the 70's? At that period of time the consensus was what I wrote above, the Kwaka 900 was the bike to own and Harley riders were somewhat frowned upon.

 

What? by you. Real bikers don't put **** on other peoples rides bloke. Who frowned on Harley riders back then "bloke"? I'll quote the old cliche, Z900's made Harley's look maneuverable. Ohh, the bikes to own were Laverda 3C's later the Jota and various Dukes. If you could afford them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By betty boop
      wow !  Truly astounded ! ... We watched Lady Killers on 4k uhd blu-ray and via jvc N7.
       

       
      Astounded in that this is a 65-66 year old movie... and has come up exceptionally well on 4k uhd... they have preserved the grain which dances around to form each scene - and hence no pausing the video for any screen shots below, just taken on the fly. They definitely dont make movies like this any more...and amazing a movie so old can still be so enjoyed... as a restoration this movie is popping with detail and colour... and i cant believe the detail and I made sure to watch in the original aspect ratio...even though they kindly give you a choice for a kind cropped wide screen. the extras on this film too are a very interesting watch 
       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

      how did they get Kramer into this movie  

       

       

    • By manbat
      Item Condition: mint Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: EFT Reason for selling: Renovations Further information:
      Take my liver....ONO
      Still for a sale for a limited time.
      Professional series -  Sony VPLW520ES Projector Bundle (latest software upgrade.) White.
      This is the native 4K deal professional series – all glass Sony lenses made in Japan, excellent reviews.
      Lamp time – 2200hrs (lap rated for 6000hrs) – Additional lamp also available
      https://www.techspot.com/products/projectors/sony-vpl-vw520es.122529/
      https://www.avforums.com/reviews/sony-vpl-vw520es-4k-projector-review.12100
       
      What you get (bundle costs 4 times brand new)
      1.     Sony 4K VPLW520ES Projector
      2.     Screen Technics Tab Tension 110 inch screen (electric screen with remote)– I had this made to order with extra-long lead. Great screen - no striations. Mint condition.
      3.     Blue Stream - HDMI – over Ethernet kit (HEX70B-KIT) Base and Transmitter set - https://www.blustream.com.au/ Picture perfect signal over long distances, better than HDMI.
      4.     Projector mount comes from Screen Technics model PRGUNV.
      5.     Projector extender from Screen Technics.
      6.     Spare lamp (new – additional cost negotiable)
      7.     Remotes – mint condition
       
      All purchased locally from Carlton Audio Visual CAV.  
      I am selling everything as a package. All items are mint. Pick up only.
      Serious parties only - home demonstration available.
      Strongly suggest that if purchased you get professionals to remove and reinstall at your residence.
      No boxes available – instructions and remote for projector and screen present and correct in mint condition.
       
      **If you want this posted please arrange a professional company for removal, package, and transport.
       
      Sony VPLVW520ES Reviews
      What Hi-Fi
       
      A pull-out-all-the-stops performer with future-proofing to its name
      Pros:Fantastic picture all-round, HDR support, Native 4K, Future-proofed, Solid, attractive design
      Cons:No 3D glasses, A pricey option
      Home Cinema Choice
      The selling point of the VW520ES is essentially this: it gives you both a native 4K resolution – something no other brand has yet been able/bothered to manage on a home cinema projector – together with high dynamic range (HDR) playback.
      Pros:4K pictures look amazing; HDR pictures look even more amazing; good setup flexibility; good price for what’s on offer
      Stuff TV
      A future-proofed projector with a license to thrill
      Pros:Startlingly good picture all-round, HDR and 4K, Dead simple set-up
      Cons:No 3D glasses, Still a pricey option
       
      https://www.avhub.com.au/product-reviews/sound-image/sony-vpl-vw520es-4k-av-projector-review-430128
       
      https://www.avforums.com/reviews/sony-vpl-vw520es-4k-projector-review.12100
       
      Screen - Electronic Tab Tension.
      Screen Technics
      https://screentechnics.com.au/products/roller-screens/motorised-screens/electricinema-side-tension-screen 
      110 inch tab tension extra-long lead (allows to have the screen positioned lower than usual  – remote – excellent screen free of any striations.
      Blue Stream
      HDMI – over ethernet
      Projector mount comes from ScreenTecnics model PRGUNV.
      Projector extender
       
      Photos:
       
      PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.






    • By betty boop
      Item Condition: Mint like new with full packaging and accessories Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: SE Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup, PayPal at buyers cost (add 3%) Reason for selling: Upgraded to add one more speaker ! Further information:
      Up for sale is Marantz AV8802A 11.2 Channel Flagship AV processor that is mint like new, infact better than new as its is fully updated to latest spec and all possible factory and other accessories included. the original unit has a rrp$5990 aud, I added auro 3d processing at RRP $199 USD or $250 aud, Audyssey pro kit RRP $665usd or $865 aud, Audyssey license RRP$150 usd or RRP$195 aud the unit has had the factory updated to bring HDMI upto spec from Qualifi - A upgrade for full 4k uhd $380 aud. So total RRP of $7680 for the gear being sold here (I will not seperate, this is being sold as a job lot).
       
      Can read a Stereophile review from the well respected Kalman Rubinson  of Stereophile on the Marantz AV8802A here
      The unit itself is true Marantz flagship and made in Japan, it is fully specd so can handle full 11 channels and true dual subwoofer capability. With the factory upgrades it will handle current needs for 4K uhd and for me handles and processes all I can throw at it from all sources (4k uhd blu-ray, AppleTV 4k, Xbox OneX) and will pass full bandwidth 4k UHD 50/60hz and process all formats so perfect for an upto 7.4.2 setup from Atmos/Dolby surround TrueHD, DTS-X/Neural X DTS-HDMA, and also Auro3D which many find really good for music...going well with the Marantz "Music matters" focus.
       
      Also included is the top Audyssey Pro Installer kit along with license for the unit, this takes calibration beyond 8 measuring points and also unlocks essential calibration features like being able to remove "mid range compensation"
       
      The unit and all items included come in Mint condition, literally like new, with all accessories and packaging as you would buy from the shop and it will feel like unpacking a new unit when you get it. Included also is all receipts of original purchase, Qualifi hdmi update, Audyssey license/kit etc. So can see this is a local australian stock purchased unit and fully supported by Qualifi the local importer.
       
      If shipping and I can ship around Australia, please contact me for cost of shipping which buyer will have to bare, I am also happy for cash on pickup. or payment by EFT or via PayPal though PayPal costs (3%) will need to be paid by the purchaser. If shipping the units they will be shipping in original packaging and will make sure to overwrap with bubble wrap and black plastic plus fragile stickers for peace of mind.  
       
      See below photos of the actual unit and also all accessories will receive  I have also included some photos of the unit in my setup and the audyssey pro kit being used so get some idea.
       
      Rather than post here - as I might miss it, instead please contact me via PM if there are any enquiries or if wishing to purchase and will be sure to answer.

      Photos:
       
       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       


       


       
    • By Stephen0804
      Item: LG UP970 4K HDR Blu-ray player
      Location: Aberfoyle Park, SA
      Price: ~ $200 
      Item Condition: Very Good, not used often 
      Reason for selling: got a new tv and am upgrading to get the features i require 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: supports Dolby Vision and hdr, has Youtube and Netflix apps. 
      would have to check if i have original box but i have everything that came with it. 

      Photos: 
    • By betty boop
      Item: 10 metre  Kordz PRS 4K UHD HDMI cable as new mint
      Location: Melb SE
      Price: $150 plus shipping at buyers cost (vs new price $299 plus shipping)
      Item Condition: Mint like new
      Reason for selling: cable clear out now surplus
      Payment Method: cash, PayPal at buyers cost, COD
      Extra Info: 
       
      Some will know that 4K UHD is a real challenge when comes to hdmi cables and especially if going over 7m in length. Older cables that were supposedly high speed rated as turns out do not pass 4k uhd. The good news is the kordz prs which on recommendation from Kordz themselves and designed for 4k UHD I found to successfully pass 4k uhd using both the samsung and oppo uhd players I have used with feeding off my marantz processor. I am selling this as surplus as with 2 cables I have its probably really not needed. 
       
      The real benefit of this cable is in its design being an active cable it is a lot more slender and compact and flexible in construction than thick stiff difficult to run passive hdmi cables that might pass uhd blu-ray. the kordz prs by comparison has compact hdmi plugs and with its slender network cable style leads will easily run and fit through 19mm electrical conduit !  which makes it extremely suitable if planning to run the cable in wall under the house, through the ceiling etc as typically do if running to a projector with this sort of length cable.
       
      The plugs too they use are their pro fit plugs so fit solidly and unlike cheaper hdmi plugs wont slip out especially with  heavy stiff cables hanging off them.
       
      The Kordz prs here will come in its original packaging and there is still some 5 months of warranty left on it I purchased this from local Big picture people store which are an authorised kordz reseller and recommended by kordz to purchase from. These cable retail at $297 to $399 so hopefully can see at $150 a good chance to grab one like new in mint condition at half price.
       
      Melbourne buyers most welcome to pay cash on pickup. If needing shipping happy to ship anywhere in australia at buyers cost, similarly if wanting to use PayPal that will be at buyers cost given what PayPal charge for the service.
       
      Please see below link and some info from the westcoast hifi site so can se what these go for brand new
       
      https://www.westcoasthifi.com.au/product/kordz-prs-hdmi-cable-10m/
       
      and also can refer to the kordz site for further info on the PRS cable 
       
       http://www.kordz.com/prs-long-hdmi-cables.htm
       
      Australian designed and engineered Kordz PRS series cables are the choice for professional A/V installers around the world. Designed to successfully transmit 4K 2060p Ultra HD video over long distances they are perfect for long runs – with lengths available up to 18m and their slim die cast end will still effortless fit through a tight 19mm cable – where many other HDMI cables would struggle.
       
      Engineered from the ground up, the PRS series offer everything the custom installer is looking for in a HDMI cable. Starting with the ProGrip™ connectors, they provide a secure locking fit with 3kg of extraction force – triple that of ordinary connectors – while also being our most compact connector yet, small enough to fit through a ¾ inch/19mm conduit.
      The round cable profile provides excellent flexibility while still maintaining CUL fire ratings for concealed installations. Longer lengths include built in RedMere technology to enable full High Speed with Ethernet performance to a staggering 18m. This means even the latest technologies like Ultra HD/4K and 3D video are supported, regardless of the length chosen.
      Competitively priced, yet still offering class-leading reliability, compliance and claimed performance.
      Slim die cast metal shell fits into 19mm conduit. ProGrip™ connectors keep cables firmly in place with 3kg / 6.6lb retention force. B.O.S.S. termination for consistent and reliable signal integrity OFC solid-core TMDS conductors for high signal quality Heavy-duty shielding for extreme noise environments CMG in-wall fire-rated jacket 3kg / 6.6lb retention force Round cable geometry HDMI compliant High Speed – provides Ultra HD/4K video up to 18.0m / 59’ PRS cables over 7.5m / 24’7” utilise RedMere IC technology, these cables are directional and must be connected with the RedMere-equipped end at the sink device. HDMI Compliance
      HDMI CTS CertificationHigh Speed with Ethernet Certified Data Rate3.4Gbpsc, 10.2Gbps aggregate Supported Data Rate> 3.4Gbpsc (4K UHD) Supported HDMI Clock27-340MHz Mechanical
      Cable Diameter:6.5mm / 0.26” Mounting Length:58.2mm / 2.29” Cable Bend Radius:35.0mm / 1.38” Retention Force (nominal) Some pictures so can see the mint condition of this cable,




×
×
  • Create New...