Recently bought an original Creek Destiny, lifting the lid showed a couple of bulging capacitors, had all capacitors replaced and some previous work tidied up, sounding very nice but should improve with a few hour of use. Have had many amps since my last Creek Destiny but never gave up on the idea of getting another one. TT is an old Rega Planar 2 modified, tangospinner subplatter with ceramic bearing, Moth OEM202 arm with Michell Engineering underslung counterweight, slate subplinth with silicone seperation, Ecstacy prop sprung feet, Ortofon Quintet Blue MC cartridge, Project phono tube box with seperate power supply, Creek Destiny CD player, Monitor Audio RS6 speakers, and Opera 1A speakers for more intimate listening. Analysis Plus and Supra cables. Struggling for words to describe the sound, but, bass goes deep, mid range smooth and relaxed, top end open and airy, even at low volumes satisfying to listen to, cranked up, it rocks.

Screenshot_20210413-205343.jpg

Screenshot_20210413-205356.jpg

20210413_210902.jpg

Screenshot_20210413-220847.jpg

Edited by wen
  • Like 9

Congrats, they are beautiful amps. I had a destiny 2 with some Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M.

Sounded fantastic. Always regretted selling the Destiny.

Makes me wonder what the new creek 100 A sounds like.

@Ray H  the stereophile review of the 100A sounds positive, abliet with the optional Ruby Dac ($599USD), not sure where that puts in in AU$

class G output stage ?

Sanken STDO3 Darlington power transistors, I'm sure Richard Mcdonald of Quisomodo fame uses Darlingtons  in his latest creation?

You can get one for less than $2500. But yeah class G, very different than the original Destiny design.