HDFury Integral and JVC x9000

I finally got the Integral setup in between my Denon AVR and my JVC x9000 Projector. There were 2 areas i wanted to fix with the integral. Main one was to remove HDR and second is to just tidy up HDCP etc as one of my sources (Foxtel / Sky Satellite STB) doesnt quite recognise the JVC projector as having 4k capabilities when i set the STB to auto for resolution. The STB does always work if i set it to 4k but then it means all signals from that STB will be upscaled on the STB before being sent out while i find 1080p looks much better being upscaled by my projector.

Issue i am having is the Integral doesnt seem to be making any of these changes. I am sure i am doing something wrong but i have the EDID set to Automix and to Allow YCbCr and Bt.2020 but i dont have HDR or DV ticked on. I had assumed that meant when it sends the EDID to the source and receiver from the projector that it will say the projector cant handle HDR and wont send through a HDR signal but it still does send through the HDR signal.

As well for some reason my Satellite STB still has the same issue where it doesnt recognise the JVC of being able to do 4k when i set it to 4k.

I am wondering if i have it set up in the wrong part of the chain? So at the moment i have it after the 15m HDMI Fibre cable from my AVR to the projector. So the 15m Cable goes into the Integral and then i am using a 1.5m Cable from the Integral to the AVR. But I am wondering if its better to put it before the 15m Cable, as in a 1m cable out of the AVR to the Integral and then the 15m Cable from the Integral to the Projector.

if having hdcp issues with the box, just wondering if you just want to strip hdcp for your satellite/fta box thing. why not use a simple hdmi splitter ? you can buy and try jaycar/office works. if doest do what you want can just return promptly in original conditio, they take back no questions asked if doesnt do what you want :)

i sold of my hd fury was more trouble than worth... i just use one of these above splitter things on our fetch mighty 2 which has glitchy hdcp programming. zero issue since. i just put it between the fetch and my marantz av processor.

with something like the x9000 i wouldnt personally be removing HDR., instead get pro calibrated to work and take advantage of HDR capability instead :) 

• Like 1

On 13/04/2021 at 1:54 PM, betty boop said:

if having hdcp issues with the box, just wondering if you just want to strip hdcp for your satellite/fta box thing. why not use a simple hdmi splitter ? you can buy and try jaycar/office works. if doest do what you want can just return promptly in original conditio, they take back no questions asked if doesnt do what you want :)

i sold of my hd fury was more trouble than worth... i just use one of these above splitter things on our fetch mighty 2 which has glitchy hdcp programming. zero issue since. i just put it between the fetch and my marantz av processor.

with something like the x9000 i wouldnt personally be removing HDR., instead get pro calibrated to work and take advantage of HDR capability instead :) 

Oh really? I thought everyone recommended the HDFury items thats why i got one. I actually used some of your recommendations (picture tone, dark level and bright level ) on an older thread to configure Gamma D , so its viewable now but still darker than normal. I figured removing HDR will be better than not having it at all as i noticed some people said they preferred using the Projector without HDR. I do have the lamp on low power mode, it would be annoying having to change to high power mode everytime hdr was used. Plus I hate the resync / delay that causes everytime my projector switches resolution or goes from hdr to standard 4k . 

23 minutes ago, deafenears said:

Yeah, agreed. Now I have an Integral 2 and DIVA to offload / sell off.

I didnt realise people found them troublesome, i probably would have steered clear, they do seem a bit complicated. 

34 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

Oh really? I thought everyone recommended the HDFury items thats why i got one. I actually used some of your recommendations (picture tone, dark level and bright level ) on an older thread to configure Gamma D , so its viewable now but still darker than normal. I figured removing HDR will be better than not having it at all as i noticed some people said they preferred using the Projector without HDR. I do have the lamp on low power mode, it would be annoying having to change to high power mode everytime hdr was used. Plus I hate the resync / delay that causes everytime my projector switches resolution or goes from hdr to standard 4k . 

there is a lot can do with the hdfury units but also that brings complexity... and it can cause a lot of hiccups, hand shake issues and glitches as well with just another thing in the chain...

Gamma D is ok...but what is better is custom curves loaded and getting pro calibrated will get you there to point.. you wont be feeling its dark or darker than normal - highly recommended with X series if your own tweaking isnt getting you there :) 

Enjoying the joys of HDR is one of reasons go for these projectors would be a real shame to not use and setup properly should be no reason :) 

2 hours ago, lonewolf said:

I didnt realise people found them troublesome, i probably would have steered clear, they do seem a bit complicated. 

The newer DIVA, Mastro, and Vertex2 have a built in web server and web UI to configure them. It does make it easier to change configurations but still, there's a wealth of options.