FS: Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus // Japanese Pressing SMJ 6501 (M)

Item Condition: NM
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Bundoora
State: VIC
Payment Method: Paypal (F&F), EFT, Cash-pickup
Reason for selling: Excess / Duplicates

Further information:

Great clean copy. Like new. With OBI and insert. 

https://www.discogs.com/Sonny-Rollins-Saxophone-Colossus/release/1995028 

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

PXL_20210410_033354298.jpg

• Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bookaboo
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: MULGRAVE State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Surplus Further information: In excellent overall condition complete with plastic cover. Working well. Pause button isn't engaging but everything else is perfect. Records and Plays beautifully. Auto stop functioning correctly. These were a mechanical marvel and this is a very fine example. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Bookaboo
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: MULGRAVE State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Surplus Further information: AR XB turntable in very good condition. New belt fitted. Supex cartridge playing well. Sounds great! The equal of my Thorens, just not as convenient to change speeds so moving it on. Great suspended design. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By audiodyna
      Item Condition: without stylus Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Perth State: WA Payment Method: Paypal, bank transfer or cash on pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information: Clearaudio Gamma S MC cartridge without stylus as shown in photos.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

• By Bookaboo
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: MULGRAVE State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Surplus Further information: Classic Nakamichi 700II Tri Tracer Cassette Deck. Recently serviced, recapped, new belts. Sounds fantastic! Great vintage vibe and sound. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By tfj100
      Item Condition: 8/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: NORTH MELBOURNE State: VIC Payment Method: EFT or Cash on pick-up preferred Reason for selling: Upgraded Further information:

I bought these amps off the original owner approximately two years ago. I thought they were a revelation compared to what I was using before Prima Luna. And I was also able to see why a fairly modestly priced pair of amps would get such a high recommendation in the Stereophile Recommended components reviews.

In fact these were an upgrade on a Stereo Prologue Premium I was running (and sold when I bought these). One major difference from the upgrade was that instead of running KT88s and then trying KT120s and KT150s on the stereo amp to get enough power, I was able to run these on EL34 tubes and get both a more powerful, yet sweeter sound at the same time (although you can run KTs if you prefer).

I did roll out the original Prima Luna EL34s and replace them with 2 lots of 4 Platinum Matched Tung-Sol tubes which (to my ears) gave an even better sound - the original tubes are provided as well, of course. I don't have a tube tester but I have had no problem with them and I'm guessing they have probably run about 1,000 hours.

In terms of the smaller 12AU7 tubes, I am running Genalex Gold Lion ECC83s, again, to my ears, a significant upgrade on the original tubes.

I replaced these about 6 months ago with a much higher up the tree Pass Labs XA30.8 Class A amp which also offers a sweet, tube-like sound. In that regard it is not that much different, but being solid-state is a possibly a fraction more balanced throughout the whole spectrum (swapping over was definitely not economically rational).

One final note. The previous owner added the mirrors that sit behind the tubes as a "blingy" upgrade. It is not really my style to change away from original, but actually it doesn't look too bad, and so I never took them off - but I think you could easily do so if you prefer.

In terms of a demo, I have one restriction which is that the only pair of speakers I have in the house is an Active pair, meaning I can't easily demonstrate these. If you can bring your own speakers, I can hook them up so you can listen to them in situ. 

With the equivalent new pair costing $8k, I think these are a great way to get into tubes in a hassle-free way, with the auto-biasing etc making these no harder to run than solid state amps.

Donation to SNA on sale, unless sold elsewhere.

Photos: