Rotel T14 Play-Fi dropping out,issues with Tidal?

Ok so I posted in the streaming forum and got no responses,so trying here.

I bought a Rotel T14 as I was pushed kicking and screaming into digital.Signed up for Tidal,just about everything I searched was available, great........then the F#@king thing started dropping out,about every 20 mins give or take it just goes dead and a message comes up on my phone..reconnecting etc,etc.Tidal told me to reinstall app,which I can't really do as it's part of the playfi app which I did uninstall/reinstall...no change.I have excellent internet connection,never any problems with anything connected in the house.

Any advice greatly appreciated. 

Cheers Craig.

1033865617_ScreenShot2021-04-13at2_18_12am.png.093a77108634319c5296ff350a0dae1a.png

OK I'll try to help.

First of all, welcome to digital!

Looking at a picture of the back of the unit there doesn't seem to be any ethernet connection or even a Wi-Fi antenna. It seems to be primarily a tuner with a tacked on streaming function.

Most streamers have ethernet and Wi-Fi connections.

If you are streaming from your phone maybe it's via Bluetooth which could be your problem. If "Play-Fi" is in fact a proprietary W-Fi protocol that could also be your problem. It's extremely unlikely to be Tidal or your internet.

I'd go back to the shop you bought this from and get them to sort it out. It may not be fit for purpose. Maybe try to swap it for a dedicated streamer with Tidal Connect and Spotify Connect.

There are 2 wi-fi antenna points on the back of the unit in the attached picture.

15 hours ago, Pigpen said:

There are 2 wi-fi antenna points on the back of the unit in the attached picture.

I must be blind. I can't see them. The two antenna points are labelled FM and DAB.

6 minutes ago, a.dent said:

I must be blind. I can't see them. The two antenna points are labelled FM and DAB.

The 2 gold circular connectors at the top edge of the unit in between the 2 top lid securing screws.

24 minutes ago, Pigpen said:

The 2 gold circular connectors at the top edge of the unit in between the 2 top lid securing screws.

Yes now confirmed I am blind. Although I get accused of that all the time by my partner.

So the Wi-Fi connection must be dodgy if Tidal is breaking up all the time.

24 minutes ago, a.dent said:

Yes now confirmed I am blind. Although I get accused of that all the time by my partner

You will know when you are blind when you confuse your wife’s niece (nearly same age as wife) for your wife and give her a friendly, newly married squeeze on the backside - I got glasses not long after that.......

• Haha 1