Porsche Taycan

Anyone got Taycan?  I've stopped at my fav car dealer and seen one in flesh. Lucky it was a long weekend and they were closed haha. 

Thinking of upgrading my Macan by end of the year,  4S Taycan is probably my upper limit wonder if anyone has one yet and what they think of it.   I was honesty surprised how much better it looks in person. I'm just worried ill miss the sound of pops and crackles that ICE makes :(

20210404_120804.jpg

Edited by Pasic007

They're out of my league however I've watched a few Youtube reviews :)

They seem to be pretty universally liked, and have a decent range.

Hopefully the instant torque delivery will be enough to offset the lack of engine noise.

I considered one of these before buying my Tesla, they were just being released, but there wasn't any stock to actually test.

The pricing difference just made it too far to reach for me. I think the base model on-road is about the same price as a fully loaded S or X including the self driving upgrade?

Completely different cars though and I'm sure you wouldn't go wrong with one of these. 👍

12 minutes ago, caminperth said:

I considered one of these before buying my Tesla, they were just being released, but there wasn't any stock to actually test.

The pricing difference just made it too far to reach for me. I think the base model on-road is about the same price as a fully loaded S or X including the self driving upgrade?

Completely different cars though and I'm sure you wouldn't go wrong with one of these. 👍

I've booked test drive with Telsa next week mate at work mentioned it to me this week, i didnt even know they had showroom in Perth.  Is there any or many lol charging locations in Perth? 

The other unknow is how Taycan will depreciate overtime.  If i dont go with electric probably end up with new cayenne gts.  

3 minutes ago, Pasic007 said:

I've booked test drive with Telsa next week mate at work mentioned it to me this week, i didnt even know they had showroom in Perth.  Is there any or many lol charging locations in Perth? 

The other unknow is how Taycan will depreciate overtime.  If i dont go with electric probably end up with new cayenne gts.  

Check out plugshare - either the website or app - and you can sort by charging plug. Tesla definitely will have more charging availability, however if you have a power point at home that is accessible, that's going to be the most practical/easiest way. If you have 3-phase, even better.

If the Porsche can charge from 3-phase plugs (with adaptors) then most of the City of Perth carparks will have charging bays you can use. I've used these with my X - they work well and are free. 👍

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, lucmor444 said:

Perhaps another option for you could be the new Audi e-tron GT due later this year?

Audi looks great but interior is cheap flimsy plastic compared to alternative.  Keen to see what Tesla is like inside. 

23 minutes ago, Pasic007 said:

Audi looks great but interior is cheap flimsy plastic compared to alternative.  Keen to see what Tesla is like inside. 

Cheap flimsy plastic interior in an Audi !

Quote from CarWow

"If there’s a finer Audi interior out there, we haven’t seen it, because the e-tron GT’s is superb."

Edited by ArthurDent

3 minutes ago, ArthurDent said:

I haven't looked at the interior of one since my last purchase 3 years ago,  but from what i recall audi interior was visually very appealing but not as solid as Porsche. I don't recall the specifics but i do recall being disappointed with quality inside.  Indicator or trim felt wobbly..  This should not be the case for 150k+ car 

I would probably suspect the Porsche would have a higher quality interior than the Audi but from all reports the Tesla's quality (and quality control) is a further step down from the Audi.

As a 3 owner with a friend who owns an S I have to say that you don’t sound like a Tesla interior kinda guy.  It’s perfectly fine ( I really like it but I can see why others might not) but it’s not why you buy the car.  A Taycan will be beautiful inside and out. I saw one a couple of weeks ago in town.

As an EV Tesla just work.  For a Taycan I would grab the a better route planner app, tell it you car spec and play with some trips scenarios.  That will confirm if you have any limitations where you live. I had a couple of awkward journeys that made a long range 3 the only true no compromise EV for me in 2019, other than the S and the X which were too big.  Charging options are now starting to turn up like a rash in South East Queensland so range is no longer a constraint. Not sure how Perth is going in that department.

• Like 1

Since I bought my Boxster I've become a Porsche fan, and I'm sure the Taycan will be Porsche quality. They do come very high in dependability, reliability, and desirability surveys.

That said, I'll stick with the Boxster.:)

I love everything about the brand. Service and sales people very professional..  most other places once they sell you the car you're on your own. I bought brand new wrx for my gf and we had issues with CVT gearbox, battery failed shortly after in the end we gave up and sold the car.

Taycan looks so nice in person, but once you thick few option boxes it becomes 100k more then a well nicely spec'ed Cayenne. I think its probably cheaper to jump into taycan turbo as opposed to 4s with bigger battery and few other options.

Daughter perfers Cayenne,  oh and the rumbble from a turbo 4L V8 is something else.

There is Macan hybrid on its way as well. 

Dealer didn't confirm specs but ive seen rumours online top model could be  500kw. 🤪

20210410_121642.jpg

On 09/04/2021 at 12:53 PM, ArthurDent said:

Quote from CarWow

"If there’s a finer Audi interior out there, we haven’t seen it, because the e-tron GT’s is superb."

Cheers I'll check it out. I wonder if he done the center console wobble test 😆

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pasic007 said:

Cheers I'll check it out. I wonder if he done the center console wobble test 😆

It wouldn't be a CarWow review without the centre console wobble test as well as the stick up the fake vents and exhausts 😉