Lumin u1 Mini. Help

Hi , I’m not too good with computers, I need some help, I’ve put my music files from my computer on to hdd drive and plugged it into the back of the Lumin, it looks like it recognises that something is plugged in, but doesn’t show any music, anyone have any experience with this , your help would be greatly appreciated. 
Jim

I don't have a Lumin, however I have often found devices like to format drives that are attached to them before use. Once formatted by your intended device (Lumin), you can then plug it in to your PC to transfer music files. When desired files have been transferred, plug it back into the Lumin.

It's worth a shot ?

• Like 1

I did note that. Did you format the hard drive with your PC or Lumin? If it is the former, then it could be the reason why it is not recognised as containing files by the latter. 

Cheers

Nik

• Like 1

I have a Lumin D1 and the Lumin should recognise a formatted drive. I plugged in my NTFS formatted drive and it found the files fine. What computer did you use to format the drive and transfer the music?

If you did it with MAC and used the Mac format drive the Lumin my not be able to read that drive.  Did you select the drive in the Lumin app? 

USB storage, flash drive, USB hard disk (Single-partition FAT32, exFAT and NTFS only)

When the device need to format the drive it is often because it runs Linux as the operating system, which is a different file format to Windows.

Edited by srms
  • Like 1

The better alternative to USB HDD is to run the free MinimServer software on a networked computer or NAS with the drive plugged into it.  Let MinimServer scan the drive.  Then in Lumin app, choose the library as the MinimServer.

• Like 1