It's a FIGHT to the DAC !!!

It's a FIGHT to the DAC !!!⁠ Well, not really. We are incredibly proud to represent in-store, two of the best performing digital brands in our industry today - Chord Electronics and Data Conversion Systems Ltd . Both brands at the top of their game with a no-compromise approach to performance.⁠ Audition now in-store the Chord DAVE and the dCS BARTOK.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.2812211215df6c1445280ef7e6ec4553.jpg

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

• Administrator

It's a great shoot out no doubt. Having spent time with both I would own (and have) either of them.

Would love to see the EMM Labs MA3 in that mix too for the ultimate shootout!

• Like 1

On 07/04/2021 at 3:50 PM, Marc said:

It's a great shoot out no doubt. Having spent time with both I would own (and have) either of them.

Would love to see the EMM Labs MA3 in that mix too for the ultimate shootout!

If @Nirvana Sound wanted to facilitate, I would be happy to be diplomatic in my observations!

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, Frank Prowse Hi-Fi said:

This young pup has entered the arena at a considerably lower price than the other two.

His win/loss ratio is exceptional and in-store auditions have been very favourable...

dac_200_slider_dac_200_frontal-scaled.jpg.928b5409cccea815bd0d658cb7ae5fa3.jpg

dac_200_slider_dac_200_back-scaled-scaled.jpg.326cbb703e347e1520760c65f70f897f.jpg

WOW this DAC reviews out of this world,jiust spent an hour reading them and watching clips in YouTube.  I wonder if it's the split board PCM and DSD that makes it so magical , Mark  and Dave how do you find it compares to your higher level dacs instore. Seems to take it to the Dave, the TT plus, the Holo KTE ,even DCS Lina. Incredible package for the price. The pre amp is the weak link if anything according to a couple of reviews.

28 minutes ago, Eagleeyes said:

WOW this DAC reviews out of this world,jiust spent an hour reading them and watching clips in YouTube.  I wonder if it's the split board PCM and DSD that makes it so magical , Mark  and Dave how do you find it compares to your higher level dacs instore. Seems to take it to the Dave, the TT plus, the Holo KTE ,even DCS Lina. Incredible package for the price. The pre amp is the weak link if anything according to a couple of reviews.

Very favourable. From a price vs performance it's hard to beat against the others. We will probably do a proper write up in the next few weeks, but that's usually a good sign of being very impressed with a product. Beautiful (warm, but not too warm) sound with a little more "meat on the bones" in the lower end. Conversely, some might say less technically accurate than the others. Ultimately, a different flavour, but, if there is such a thing as a bargain in high-end hifi, this would be it!