Turntable dustcover options - anyone used one of these 'S Covers'?

Looking at dustcover options for my Acoustic Signature Primus TT; not sure I want to go down the path of an acrylic one as it's complicated by the setup I now have (on an isolation plinth). 

Found these on Ebay & seems a somewhat better option than the old tea towel draped over the TT that I use now... :) Anyone have / used one of these 'S covers'... any good?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/163463749097

My setup below... bit of a tight fit to sit an acrylic dustcover on the plinth itself or, large cover required to cover the whole thing... hence the fabric option might be easier to live with providing it can do the job...

20210406_103918.jpg

Surely your "isolation plinth" is sufficiently larger than the TT itself, to give you a rim on which a custom-made perspex cover could sit?

Any acrylic fabrication shop should be able to make one up for you.

Andy

1 minute ago, andyr said:

Surely your "isolation plinth" is sufficiently larger than the TT itself, to give you a rim on which a custom-made perspex cover could sit?

Any acrylic fabrication shop should be able to make one up for you.

Andy

It probably is, at a rough estimate there'd be 10mm all round (at least) so, yes.. an acrylic made to measure would likely fit... not sure how much it's likely to cost though...

20 minutes ago, FNQ Outcast said:

It probably is, at a rough estimate there'd be 10mm all round (at least) so, yes.. an acrylic made to measure would likely fit... not sure how much it's likely to cost though...

Yes it's more expensive than a tea towel ... but it will do a much better job!  :thumb:  And it will look good - as yo'll be able to see the TT itself!.

And it will not - if you measure it right - rest on the arm (or, worse, the arm cuing lever), like I suspect the 'S cover' you linked to, will.

Andy

I have a pair of those covers for my amps. They are decent quality and custom fit. I have no complaints, but I'm not sure it would be a good choice for a TT