Strange behaviour on my epson projector

I was watching a movie on my epson 6700 when a scene suddenly changed. It was a dark scene but it looked as if a flood light turned on behind me. I even turned around to look but nothing was there. So maybe I thought this was what the scene was supposed to look like. Artistic or something. Almost a J.J Abrams overdone glare shot or something.
But it kept going, so I turned off the movie and the atv menu was the same. Very bright and colours washed out. Seemed worse in one spot. Checked settings and everything was normal so I Turned off the projector and when I turned it back on, all was well again... 

that’s great, but what happened? Is it failing or a one off? Anyone know?

Edited by christopher
Spelling

Guest Old Man Rubber

Did it look like one of the colours was amplified?  Not sure if the 6700 is a 3 LCD projector model but if it is, and one of the LCD panels loses power then you would see something like you are describing.  Might be the start of something bad.

• 2 months later...
On 03/04/2021 at 11:37 PM, christopher said:

But it kept going, so I turned off the movie and the atv menu was the same. Very bright and colours washed out. Seemed worse in one spot. Checked settings and everything was normal so I Turned off the projector and when I turned it back on, all was well again... 

that’s great, but what happened? Is it failing or a one off? Anyone know?

1st thought was a switch to a different colour mode as  I assume it hasnt happened since ? Did you have this activated ? Turn it off its thats the default mode :)

Auto Colour Optimizer – By sensing ambient light, the colour mode is selected automatically, allowing you to always enjoy the best settings