Streaming audio hub with multiple optical inputs.

Howdy people, I have little to no knowledge on what I am looking for, there are so many names for products which all seem very similar.

I basically want a receiver with no amplifier but it seems price goes up if you want such an item.
I found the Dali Sound Hub and Sound Hub compact and they both looked perfect but had no optical output as they are designed to work with their speakers exclusively(I believe).

I need- At least two optical inputs, one optical out, Bluetooth connectivity, a proper physical remote.

Nice to have- Streaming over the home network, a HDMI input.

Speakers are some home made jobbies with Scan-Speak D2908/714000 tweeters and 5" Illuminator mids run actively off a Beocreate HiFiBerry setup and I would like to ditch the Raspberry Pi as it runs hot and with a two minute boot time(seems like) it's not really convenient for daily use.

If I can't find anything a Marantz CR612 may be an okay choice, I do have some outdoor speakers that could make use of the Speakers B connections.

Oh priced under $1000 if it is possible, up to $1500 if it meets the must and nice to haves.

Cheers.

Edited by Noobtastic
  • Noobtastic changed the title to Streaming audio hub with multiple optical inputs.

Have a look at the Cambridge Audio dacmagic plus, it has the two optical in, 1 optical out, and a few useful other digital inputs.  Adding the BT100 bluetooth reciever gives aptx function.  It is missing hdmi & streaming though.  Price is sub $1k including the BT100.

Hifi Audio :: DAC's :: Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus | Upsampling DAC - Denis White Hifi and Home Cinema (deniswhitehomecinema.com.au)

• Like 1

Thanks warweary, that looks like a decent little option, wonder if it Uses aptX-HD for Bluetooth streaming? I'm not sure why but my HTC phone doesn't do apt-X HD, it instead uses an Apple codec.

Another interesting potential is the Denon DRA-800H, only missing out because there's no optical out.  Instead an hdmi arc out.

That is quite a large unit but it does say that the optical port is assignable which is nice.
Marantz have a 2ch slimline one that is similar and I'd assume Denon would have one with a different front panel, the Marantz is an NR-1200.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-ruxeh5dd/product_images/uploaded_images/marantz-nr1200-2-ch-4k-slim-stereo-receiver-with-heos-built-in.png

Posted (edited)

For now I might just get an auto switching Toslink splitter-

https://www.altronics.com.au/p/a3212-dynalink-4-way-toslink-spdif-switcher/

A3212 4 Way Auto Toslink S/PDIF Switcher

$85 then I can spend time trying to hunt down exactly what I need, normally I jump in and buy something that does 75% of what I want then buy something better not long after.
The Heos app reviews don't seem all that promising.

Edited by Noobtastic
Forgetful