JBL 4312M Compact Monitor 3 Way LoudSpeaker - anyone own and have feedback?

Anyone own these and have an opinion on them? If so, what would be a good suggestion for a Amp match for them.

The room they are being considered in is pretty large. approximately 50m2. Roof and walls are plastered with 2.4m2 roof & solid concrete flooring. I am not expecting ultimate listening experience this - just after a system that is good bang for buck in that room that is still loud enough to fill the room nicely

Very good looking speakers IMO & JBL's vintage speakers have a very good reputation

That's a really large room for tiny speaker. Also the 4312M is not a vintage speaker but a modern JBL offering.

Since you're in Brisbane I could sell you a pair JBL L80Ts which will be less expensive than the 4312M, are vintage and will be more comfortable in a room that size.

8 minutes ago, kelossus said:

That's a really large room for tiny speaker. Also the 4312M is not a vintage speaker but a modern JBL offering.

Since you're in Brisbane I could sell you a pair JBL L80Ts which will be less expensive than the 4312M, are vintage and will be more comfortable in a room that size.

Thanks Kelossus - I was a bit worried 4312M would be too small. The Issue i have is that the space where the speakers would live is limited,, so was thinking a bookshelf style would suit better as could live above the TT & Amp. The L80T's look to be a large speaker. A quick google and they appear to be a decent "bang for buck" speaker - see a lot of comments from people suggesting a T3 crossover mod improves the sound. They look very large though - do you know roughly the dimensions. Also what would a pair cost me? 

Pic is of the space i plan for the stereo to live. Plan was TT & amp on the left & right on the pictured buffet - with speakers sitting on the window shelf behind it. I guess i can have it set up that I can pull them down to sit in front when using at loud volume? Bit of  a tricky one.

I already have a premium, detailed sound system upstairs so this set up was more "party fun" space. Just after a good vintage sound that screams fun that wont break the budget

1-2.jpg

1-3.jpg

I guess another idea i could have here is have both. The smaller JBL 4312Ms that live behind it + the larger L80T's that i hook up when i want a bit more boom and placed wide, in front of the cabinet.

On 02/04/2021 at 7:24 PM, RaoulJuke said:

I guess another idea i could have here is have both. The smaller JBL 4312Ms that live behind it + the larger L80T's that i hook up when i want a bit more boom and placed wide, in front of the cabinet.

They are roughly 1m x 35x 35

Edited by kelossus
  • Like 1