Item Condition: Very good ++, no visible scratches
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: NE 'burbs - Melbourne
State: VIC
Payment Method: EFT, Paypal excl. of fees
Reason for selling: NLR / not being used

Further information:

This is a very high quality and versatile dac / headphone amp from Canada that does not come up for sale 2nd hand very frequently.  This is the Mark I model.  I am the second owner and purchased from SNA a couple of years ago and it is still in the same excellent condition.  It has served me very well and it has seen off several other very good dacs, but now it is time to try something else .... and exactly what I’m still unsure ! 

While is this is a based on a ESS 9028PRO chip but it certainly doesn’t sound like other similar sabre dacs. It has quite an organic nature to it which is why it has lasted that long in my rig.   There is a volume control so it can run run direct to power amp or active speakers if you wish via either single ended or balanced outputs.   Also it has a very competent headphone output.  It is also in small form factor which was a real winner for me as I'm no fan of large empty black boxes no matter how funky or stylish. 

The slight downside is that the USB input works with Windows or Mac drivers, but it is not Linux compatible.  I got around this when using a SOtM streamer with the  Matrix Audio X-Spdif 2 to great effect, and frankly the SQ was much was much better than going direct via USB in my experience when I could try I eventually tried it out with a different source. Also the Matrix didn't require another power supply and worked direct from the USB.   The owners manual and the most up to date drivers will be supplied to the purchaser.

Depending upon who and what you believe in the measurement wars on ASR these unit either have extremely good numbers and stats, or not.  Personally, I've no interest in buying into those debates and ***-for-tat slanderous assaults.  I've always very happy with the unit and agree with many of the commentators that this is a very non-fatiguing high-performing dac.

I’m selling this without a linear PSU as people have their individual  preferences. I will be listing a compatible Geisler Kraftwerk 12v 4amp in a separate advert.

It is very hard to estimate a realistic price for this unit given the low turnover, and I have listed what I think it is fair price to sell in the AU/NZ market given the original RRP of USD $3499, even in today’s rapidly evolving dac world.   Low ballers will be politely ignored (or worse).  PM with any questions.

Links:

Manufacturer’s listing (for Mark II model)

https://www.exasound.com/Products/e32MarkIIDAC.aspx 

There are also plenty reviews and threads comparing these units to some serious gear:

https://hifipig.com/exasound-e32-dac/

https://padjeaf.nl/exasound-audio-design-e32-dac/

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/exasound-audio-design-playpoint-network-audio-player-and-e32-dac

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/37453-ayre-codex-lampizator-amber-schiit-yggy-exasound-e32-and-ayre-qx-5-dac-comparison -a-short-story/.  

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/37720-exasound-e32/?tab=comments#comment-747567.  

And also awards and Best Buy lists from just a couple of years ago, particularly in Japan.

https://www.exasound.jp/product/e32/

http://vgp.phileweb.com/vgp2018/da_converter.html

These units also appear to be still listed for sale at a hefty price (which I suspect is an advert that hasn't been pulled )

https://www.highdeftapetransfers.com/products/exasound-e32-dac

SPECIFICATIONS

Sample Rates: ENclusiv™ comprehensive sample rate support

DSD: 2.8224 or 3.072 MHz

DSD2: 5.6448 or 6.144 MHz

DSD4: 11.2896 or 12.288 MHz

LPCM/DXD: 44.1kHz to 384kHz at 32 bits maximum sampling rate

Native support for 88.2, 176.4 & (DXD) 352.8kHz master files

Converter Core: ESS Technologies 9028Pro reference monolythic 8 channel DAC configured for stereo

USB Input: Proprietary ZeroJitter™ asynchronous USB interface with error correction on classic B–Type connector, USB cable included

Host Support: Custom, high performance Mac OS & Windows ASIO drivers; MAC Core Audio drivers with DoP256 support

Player Application Support: Automatic sampling rate switching, software upsampling up to 384 kHz PCM and DSD4

Clock: FemtoMaster™ super–low jitter quad-clock architecture, with 82 femtosecond master clock and 3 auxiliary stream-control clocks

Power Conditioning: 11 linear power filtering stages

Host Noise Rejection: GalvanicInfinity™ - Galvanic isolation between the USB subsystem and the DAC circuitry eliminates ground loop noise and blocks computer–generated interference

Headphone Output: Third generation headphone amplifier, 4W into 16Ω doubles the current output to drive low impedance and low sensitivity headphones

Digital Inputs: Two S/PDIF inputs provide jitter reduction and superb D/A conversion when used with CD transports

Analog Outputs: Simultaneously driven, gold–plated balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA line outputs

Power Management: 12V Trigger output

Remote Control: Included 7 button remote, the e32 can be easily programmed to work with most IR remotes

Photos:

DSC04519.thumb.JPG.9ff58f98517b7adee500b80e771c74f6.JPG

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

DSC04520.JPG

DSC04521.JPG

DSC04522.JPG

DSC04524.JPG

DSC04525.JPG

DSC04529.JPG

Edited by lumholtzii
reduced price
  • Like 1
  • lumholtzii changed the title to FS: Exasound e32 Dac - reduced price