Plants for room tuning?

2 minutes ago, Stereophilus said:

I’m still a noob in this particular facet of audiophilia @andyr.  Keen to learn though!  

Maybe we can establish some common speaker synergies as you are alluding to?

Ficus with Planars

Bamboo with horns?

Cactus with sealed boxes?

I'm not alluding to any perticklar synergies, S - merely recounting what I have read.  Ficus plants (which I think are what is shown in the Darko link you provided?) are merely a good plant to provide dispersion of the rear wave (for Maggies).  I'm surprised they also work well for box spkrs!

Re. sealed boxes ... I would suggest banana trees are more appropriate than cactus.  :lol:

Andy

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stereophilus said:

Just having some fun with ya @andyr

Careful, S - if I were a 'Snowflake' (like some others round here) ... I might report your post to the mods for bullying.  :lol:

Andy

Edited by andyr
  • Haha 2

I easily qualify for this thread because my better half is mad about plants.  My setup has had many plants transitioning through the music (errrr. family) room, including ficus, palms, succulents etc.

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/300131-kii-audio-owners-and-discussion-thread/?do=findComment&comment=4562928

Sadly, none could do the job of what the Sound Accoustics panels did (& WAF approved!).  ?

• Like 1

Guest thethrowback

I can kill a house plant in less than a week and probably quicker if they had to listen to my taste in music.

I think weed is the best option for enhancing music appreciation and forget the rest.

Edited by thethrowback

I did notice recently that sitting in the garden is more fun with the stereo loud enough to hear, spose that counts hey.

I note that bobs plants have tuning sticks, mostly white pistols and aren't quite ready to harvest -but my eyes are actually quite rooted.

• Haha 1